Dents/scratches on crystals?

ChelseaWaters

Hi guys,

I recently brought home a piece of double-pointed(?) crystal quartz from the store and only realized afterwards that it had a little dent and a scratch on it that was covered with the price sticker (I know, I should've checked it first). The storekeeper was sort of trying to hide it from me and refused to clean it along with the bracelet I picked in the singing bowl as they would any stones bought from the store for the new owner and wrapped it up quickly while saying that that one would clean better under running water.

My question is, does it matter if a crystal has dents/scratches? And if you think I should return it to the store or exchange it with a different piece.

Also, is there any difference between a single and double pointed quartz?

Thank you so much!

Hemera

My question is, does it matter if a crystal has dents/scratches? And if you think I should return it to the store or exchange it with a different piece.
In my opinion it only matters if you feel it does. I have many crystals with scratches or dents on them but I feel it makes them more personal. I like them that way. There are very few things in nature that are absolutely perfect anyway. (-And the crystals that are perfect are in museums :D) However, if you feel that it bothers you and that you can´t bond with it then you might want to go back to the store and try to change it?

SarahJoy

The fact that it's "damaged" or imperfect doesn't bother me.

The fact that the seller was shady about it DOES bother me. I would attempt to return it, for that reason.

Padma

We all have dents, scratches and dings :) Granted, your storekeeper was not upfront, but, it is hardly the fault of the crystal. It will continue to perform as it should. Give it a good cleanse, send it some love, be joyful with it, and it will multiply those feelings for you!

I liked Hemera's words, too, very wise :)

In regard to different types of crystals, and their uses, you may find this page useful.

http://www.crystalvaults.com/guides-crystals/

readings.by.mia

Taking into acount that the crystal has been cut and polished, I don't see a problem on it having a dent or scratch. Anyway I am a rough crystals lover so it could just be my point of view.

As for the difference between double terminated or a single point, double terminated crystals work as channelers, as energy flows from through them. Crystals with one point are known as generators, the energy is projected from the stone, not through it :)