turquoise crystal???

Eddie

Hopefully, someone here might be able to help.
Was told, via someone, thats why I'm not sure, that I should be using a turquoise coloured crystal with my readings.
I don't know a lot about crystals, so does anyone have an idea of what it might be?
Confused!!
Eddie

Nisha

They probably mean the stone Turquoise. It's a gorgeous stone and has a very wise and protective nature. Have a look here: Turquoise

~Nisha

lunalafey

I have found some cross-termology with the word 'crystal'.
Crystals are stones, but not all that are called crystals are quartz.
To me, when someone says crystal, I think of Quartz points, period, the end.

A crystal that is turquoise colored? This makes me think of an Aqua Aura.
This is a quarts crystal that has a micro thin layer of gold applied to it.
Funny, we where just talking about this! Some are very pretty in my eyes. Those are the ones that have a very light aqua color to them. Then there are some that have, I guess, a thicker coat of gold, they have a deeper blue and an iridecant effect to them. I do not like these as much, they just look un-natural.

Now my question is "SHOULD"???? why? I never have and I read just fine.

fina

lunalafey said:
I have found some cross-termology with the word 'crystal'.
Crystals are stones, but not all that are called crystals are quartz.
To me, when someone says crystal, I think of Quartz points, period, the end.
A crystal is a piece of mineral that has a set structure based on its chemical composition. A crystal that is weathered and has round edges is generally referred to as a grain or clast but still is technically a crystal as it still has the same atomic crystal structure regardless of its macro appearance. Crystals do not have to be quartz, be translucent/transparent, or have points. Rocks are made up of minerals (whether or not the minerals are crystals, grains, or glass).

Clear as turquoise? :)

Eddie

many thanks

Nisha said:
They probably mean the stone Turquoise. It's a gorgeous stone and has a very wise and protective nature. Have a look here: Turquoise

~Nisha

Nisha,
many thanks for this,
I took a look and I have actually been drawn to this stone for many years.
Now i know why!!
Will be getting some,
Eddie:heart:

53rdspirit

A seller on e-bay is listing "turquoise crystals" from Virginia - Item number: 300215985419.

Eddie

Thank you all!!

Thank you all for all your help,
I managed to find a small unpolished stone, in its natural state, which apparently is much more powerfull for my readings.
Once again, many thanks!

lunalafey

fina said:
A crystal is a piece of mineral that has a set structure based on its chemical composition. A crystal that is weathered and has round edges is generally referred to as a grain or clast but still is technically a crystal as it still has the same atomic crystal structure regardless of its macro appearance. Crystals do not have to be quartz, be translucent/transparent, or have points. Rocks are made up of minerals (whether or not the minerals are crystals, grains, or glass).

Clear as turquoise? :)

From the geological scientific aspect; yes, I know this. But commercial and metaphysical aspect, the general population is a bit confused. I have been to gem shows that call some stones 'crystals' because they have certain metaphysical properties, but not the crystalline structure that defines them as crystals. Hence, someone calling turquiose a crystal.
I am fairly certain that most stones that are crystals have some silica in their make-up, which is how they form themselves into crystalline form, it is the nature of the element.

Nisha

Eddie said:
Nisha,
many thanks for this,
I took a look and I have actually been drawn to this stone for many years.
Now i know why!!
Will be getting some,

Glad you found some, Eddie. Happy to help. :)
I've always had an affection for turquoise myself.

~Nisha

fina

lunalafey said:
From the geological scientific aspect; yes, I know this. But commercial and metaphysical aspect, the general population is a bit confused. I have been to gem shows that call some stones 'crystals' because they have certain metaphysical properties, but not the crystalline structure that defines them as crystals. Hence, someone calling turquiose a crystal.
This is one of my pet-peeves about the public. They take a perfectly good word with a perfectly functional definition, and totally misuse it. Grrr :). Turquoise is a mineral and basically obsidian is the only common non-mineral (because it is glass and doesn't have a crystal lattice).

lunalafey said:
I am fairly certain that most stones that are crystals have some silica in their make-up, which is how they form themselves into crystalline form, it is the nature of the element.

The atoms make the crystalline form, not just silica. Silica is in face 5 atoms stuck together (SiO4 - silicon plus 4 oxygens) in a tetrahedron. Silica is very common (oxygen is the most common element on Earth) so it is in many minerals and rocks, but there are many minerals that do not contain silica or silicon (Si). Table salt (halite) has no silica and forms beautiful cubes.
Here is a pic of the simplest crystal lattice. Every crystal has something similar to this, that is what makes it a crystal. The large balls are sodium, the small are chloride.

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 98