"Are you a witch?"

Glitterbird

Right on, Starshower.

Too many people take what they want from the Bible and ignore the rest. All those who are anti things in there should remember that if they are going to take ONE thing as gospel, they have to take the lot. No more eating shellfish, for instance. See Leviticus... So that's your last prawn cocktail.... :D

Man wrote the bible, nough said.
I like Gregory's response, "I'm just peculiar" is not admitting or denying anything and let them think what they want.

Sorry to hear you live in the midwest, I'm stuck here too :D

KMilliron

oh my gawsh CAN WE? Do you know how awesome that would be? Pillow fights, Tarot Talk, Hot Chocolate >.<

That is exactly what this world needs; Hot chocolate and acceptance. The chocolate can wait till it gets closer to fall though, or we can sub it for Mountain Dew slushies or something haha.

I've actually mentioned tarot cards in a band interview once, but I think the interviewers thought I was joking, haha. But I'm going to be way open with my tarot-ness in interviews and talking to fans. You'd be surprised how many people are actually really open to this stuff.

Kreative-Dragon

That is exactly what this world needs; Hot chocolate and acceptance. The chocolate can wait till it gets closer to fall though, or we can sub it for Mountain Dew slushies or something haha.

I've actually mentioned tarot cards in a band interview once, but I think the interviewers thought I was joking, haha. But I'm going to be way open with my tarot-ness in interviews and talking to fans. You'd be surprised how many people are actually really open to this stuff.

Exactly. That's why I kind of have hope for the world. We have so many people who are now much more accepting. The problem is we always focus on the negative, and when we see positive, it... amplifies the negative. People are becoming more accepting. Take my family for example. Very, very devote Christians, but when they listened to me give my little speech about everything, they accepted me and understood that I had actually DONE the research, and this was not some crazy fad.
People are becoming better, that is what gives me hope.

KMilliron

Exactly. That's why I kind of have hope for the world. We have so many people who are now much more accepting. The problem is we always focus on the negative, and when we see positive, it... amplifies the negative. People are becoming more accepting. Take my family for example. Very, very devote Christians, but when they listened to me give my little speech about everything, they accepted me and understood that I had actually DONE the research, and this was not some crazy fad.

My family was surprised at my grandmother accepting it, haha. "You aren't going to accuse her of being a witch or anything are you? "Hell no! If there are witches in this family, I'd accuse the damned druggies." Thanks Grandma ^-^

Kreative-Dragon

My family was surprised at my grandmother accepting it, haha. "You aren't going to accuse her of being a witch or anything are you? "Hell no! If there are witches in this family, I'd accuse the damned druggies." Thanks Grandma ^-^

My Amma (Icelandic for Grandma) is still very, VERY twitchy about it. but I also did a reading for my new Aunt, which was very spiritual and we talked about her relationship with God a lot in it, and Amma seemed... happy about it. Surprised, but happy, so maybe we're winning her over. She's the only resistance I really had.

Carla

I get this question a lot, I always answer it with a honest "yes". What baffles me is that most people don't really seem to expect this reply and quickly change the subject.

I have yet to be asked, but I always imagined this would be what would happen!

jaj

I love this positive view, Kreative-Dragon! "People are becoming better". I'll join you in that vision!

KMilliron

I love this positive view, Kreative-Dragon! "People are becoming better". I'll join you in that vision!

Want accepting people? Visit hippie coffee shops, horror film conventions, and hardcore show venues. In my experience those are some of the most accepting places I've ever been to. The latter two locations would probably use the term witch as a compliment anyway haha.

Disa

Want accepting people? Visit hippie coffee shops, horror film conventions, and hardcore show venues. In my experience those are some of the most accepting places I've ever been to. The latter two locations would probably use the term witch as a compliment anyway haha.

Wait! Witch ISN'T a compliment ? :) I was called this as a teen and I had no idea what witches did or didn't do, but I thought they were very, very powerful and I was honored that someone thought I had anything to do with that....

Otherwise-
I agree with the sentiment that people ARE becoming better. But my original comment about boxes wasn't anything to do with one religion or another, it was more to do with how some people seem to be so unaware..for example, a woman older than I am (I'm 41) had no idea what a Wiccan is and another woman I know thought Native Americans were extinct. Anyway...I never intended to start any kind of arguement- just saying that it's odd to me in this day and age with all sorts of things being reported on TV and/or internet that some are oblivious. I research anything and everything that I hear about that I am unfamiliar with- just because I'm interested in knowing things- and with the internet it's so easy...anyway..carry on :)

Sulis

Moderator note

Hi Folks,

Could we please keep this conversation tarot related since this forum is Talking Tarot?

General discussions about Christianity need to be in the Spirituality forum. Some posts that are not tarot related at all have been removed and further posts that don't involve tarot will be removed.

Thanks.

Sulis - Talking Tarot co-moderator