Help with the Everyday Witch Tarot Page of Cups

BeyondtheVeil

Help with Everyday Witch Tarot Page of Cups

Okay.. so YES.. I know what the meaning of the Page of Cups is. :thumbsup:

What I am wondering about is what the Page of Cups in Everyday Witch Tarot means? I love the deck, but for the life of me can't 'get" this photo representation.

Usually the Page of Cups for me means a daughter. Someone young and/or immature just starting out in love. It can mean a new romance and many others things.

Everyday Witch Tarot Page of Cups however just stumps me. All that I see is a messy young person who likes art. There is no other 'feelings" or intuitive things coming especially when someone asks for love reading and this shows up. Yes, I could do to the traditional meaning, but why this card?

Does anyone who owns and uses this deck understand {from the Page of Cups photo} how you could read that as a 'love message" Or even if they ask to describe someone. Though messy, non artist or even not interested in art or creating something doesn't resonate. I am stumped and very close to just tossing that card out and making my own! :D

Again.. I Just love the energy of the deck, but get disappointed and a bit frustrated when I see this card come up.

Any ideas on how you read the Page of Cups in your Everyday Witch Tarot Deck?

Thanks for your help!
beyondtheVeil

Grizabella

I don't think Poppy's deck is out yet, is it? I think she was just calling hers the Everyday Tarot, and the Everyday Witch is the deck that's out right now. I could be wrong, though. I'll be interested to find out.

BeyondtheVeil

Sorry.. wrong deck name! It's Everyday Witch Tarot

I'm sorry everyone.. it is the Everyday Witch Tarot.

This is the deck...http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/everyday-witch-tarot/

Of course, the Page of Cups isn't shown. lol I will try to post a photo of it when I get back tonight or tomorrow. I get to help family move today...in the RAIN. lol

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

I don't think Poppy's deck is out yet, is it? I think she was just calling hers the Everyday Tarot, and the Everyday Witch is the deck that's out right now. I could be wrong, though. I'll be interested to find out.

You are correct, Grizabella. I called it the wrong name. So sorry about that!:heart:

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

Sulis

A young girl stands at her easel painting. She has taken off her witches robes and her shirt is splashed with colours.

So for me this is a person with a youthful spirit who is carefree and creative. This young lady is engrossed in painting and is using her cup (her intuition and creativity) to create her picture.
She's used loads of colours, the empty paint tubes are scattered all over the floor so this is someone with great imagination and flare.
Here it is:

Edited to add: After reading through your opening post again I think your problem is that you're trying to shoehorn your own usual meaning of this card onto this version instead of just reading the card. I very rarely see Pages as messages but if you need to see a message in it then she is creating something using her imagination and creativity.. The painting itself could very well be conveying a message.

Attachments

• Everyday Witch - Page of Cups.jpg
    Everyday Witch - Page of Cups.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 798

Flames

To add on to Sulis' great post, I often see the Page of Cups as someone who's in exploration mode. And I think this is what the little Page is doing in this card - exploring her emotional world through Creative Arts.

BeyondtheVeil

Sulis

A young girl stands at her easel painting. She has taken off her witches robes and her shirt is splashed with colours.

So for me this is a person with a youthful spirit who is carefree and creative. This young lady is engrossed in painting and is using her cup (her intuition and creativity) to create her picture.
She's used loads of colours, the empty paint tubes are scattered all over the floor so this is someone with great imagination and flare.
Here it is:

Edited to add: After reading through your opening post again I think your problem is that you're trying to shoehorn your own usual meaning of this card onto this version instead of just reading the card. I very rarely see Pages as messages but if you need to see a message in it then she is creating something using her imagination and creativity.. The painting itself could very well be conveying a message.

No, I was going on the photo, but every time this card comes up {except once} everyone said they aren't creative. They say they are not carefree, but organized and tidy. I don't usually go with set meanings when I am trying to use intuition. This card is just not helping me. lol I also can usually draw the same card three times in a row and get a different reading each time. This deck is fun to read, except some cards are just hard to connect to anything. Does that make sense?

So, if I were to ask you... What does X think of me? and you get this Page of Cups. Though everything you said at the top doesn't resonate... not even messy/carefree/creative, etc. How would you tell them what X thinks of them? Or 'feels" for them?

I am having the hardest time with this card. The funny thing is that I like the card... I just am not connecting to it at all.

One person said they like painting.. but mostly everyone is saying no to everything you just said above.

Do you have any other ideas if the sitters don't connect with those meanings? I honestly have no other idea. Looking at that card makes me think just like you said. I don't even get message or new romance, etc when looking at it. I think if I had used those other meanings that it may have connected better with the sitters. The card just throws me when I look at it. lol

Sorry for rambling! Usually decks are clear or not. I haven't had deck where there are some cards that don't make sense, but I love every other cards. lol

Thanks for responding and trying to help me! Thank you also for posting that image of the Page of Cups :heart:

BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

Flames

To add on to Sulis' great post, I often see the Page of Cups as someone who's in exploration mode. And I think this is what the little Page is doing in this card - exploring her emotional world through Creative Arts.

So, if someone asked you.. How does X feel about me? Or how does X think about me? You would say they are in exploration mode? Maybe like exploring their feelings for the person?

I hadn't thought of exploration! That is a good one. :thumbsup:

Thanks for responding. Flames! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil