Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Harry Potter: Who had what deck?

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot


 
DownUnderNZer's Avatar
DownUnderNZer  DownUnderNZer is offline
Time Traveller
 
Join Date: 20 May 2009
Location: In Between Dimensions
Posts: 10,772
DownUnderNZer 

If there was a "Yellow Rubber Duckie" Tarot out there somewhere that is what Arthur Weasley would be using I reckon.

All lined up in a row.
Top   #21
Shade's Avatar
Shade  Shade is offline
Oraculist
 
Join Date: 28 Aug 2002
Location: California, USA
Posts: 2,863
Shade 

I bet Fleur has a copy of the Joi de Vivre.

Peter Pettigrew doesn't like to think about the past or the future but one of his fellow Death Eaters keeps placing a Baroque Bohemian Cats in his pocket to terrify him.

Parvati and Lavender each have a copy of the Lovers Tarot

Several well-meaning people have given Firenze a copy of the Mythic but he won't use it.

Seamus might have himself a Druidcraft

I am trying to think of what deck Ginny would have... and I can't. Did anyone else feel she was underdeveloped?
Top   #22
Girl Archer  Girl Archer is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Dec 2010
Location: Beneath the starry skies, what I call my own.
Posts: 5,428
Girl Archer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
I bet Fleur has a copy of the Joi de Vivre.

Peter Pettigrew doesn't like to think about the past or the future but one of his fellow Death Eaters keeps placing a Baroque Bohemian Cats in his pocket to terrify him.

Parvati and Lavender each have a copy of the Lovers Tarot

Several well-meaning people have given Firenze a copy of the Mythic but he won't use it.

Seamus might have himself a Druidcraft

I am trying to think of what deck Ginny would have... and I can't. Did anyone else feel she was underdeveloped?
Hi shade,

I totally agree with you. Ginny should have been given more of a place within the pages and should have been fleshed out properly so we could have known what truly makes her the best fit for the hero apart from her beauty and her fiery temper, being not emotionally needy and that she plays Quidditch almost as well as he does. See? We don't even know enough to write about her while discussing her. They should have divided the last book into two major arcs.
One part that spoke of the Horcrux Hunt and the other that spoke of how kids in Hogwarts, The D.A. supported the cause. But especially how Ginny and Neville along With Aberforth helped. I would have liked to read that, and more of the Marauder Era shenanigans. Really gotten to know Harry's parents and that batch (maybe Draco's parents too).

I am going off topic here, sorry. I do think Ginny would prefer a Lenormand or Oracle. I think she might make an excellent Lenormand reader. She is not so much about emotions or intuition. Then again,she could also use The Enchanted Tarot By Zerner- Farber.
Top   #23
Girl Archer  Girl Archer is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Dec 2010
Location: Beneath the starry skies, what I call my own.
Posts: 5,428
Girl Archer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra View Post
Gilderoy Lockheart loves the Cosmic! He's sure it's only a matter of time before his own handsome visage appears on a card, along with Liz Taylor and the other celebrities.

Madeye Moody for Phantasmagoric Theater. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!
That is brilliant, Debra. I never thought of that connection with Lockhart and Cosmic Tarot being filled with celebrities
Top   #24
Piscean  Piscean is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 07 Sep 2015
Location: Canada, Ontario
Posts: 25
Piscean 

LMAO YES
Guardian Guidance tarot deck just screaaaams Umbridge! XD
Top   #25
Girl Archer  Girl Archer is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Dec 2010
Location: Beneath the starry skies, what I call my own.
Posts: 5,428
Girl Archer 

What deck might Aberforth Dumbledore use? Any decks with goats on them?
Top   #26
LindaMechele  LindaMechele is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 08 Jul 2015
Location: Up the crick in Central Texas
Posts: 456
LindaMechele 

These are so COOL. Y'all are awesome. I am having such fun reading them! Makes me want to rebuy the books so I can read them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Archer View Post
I am going to go with a fun but erotic deck for Sirius, like the Manara maybe?
Oooh, yeah. I'd like Sirius to read for me with that. *waggles eyebrows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra View Post
The Dursleys wouldn't be caught dead with a tarot deck, but Mrs. Dursley secretly practices Bibliomancy with her King James bible.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HallowedNight View Post
THESE ARE ALL SO AWESOME!!!!
I AGREE!

Quote:
I bet the Marauders would make a deck based solely on Hogwarts, maybe with like...secrets about the people and places. The Magician would be Dumbledore, the High Priestess probably McGonagall... A full view of the castle itself would probably be the World. So many awesome possibilities!
...
I want this deck so badly...
Oh, man, me, too! They would have probably enchanted it so that the cards in a spread would act out the reading, even interacting with each other. THAT would be something to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUnderNZer View Post
If there was a "Yellow Rubber Duckie" Tarot out there somewhere that is what Arthur Weasley would be using I reckon.

All lined up in a row.
YAHAHAHA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Peter Pettigrew doesn't like to think about the past or the future but one of his fellow Death Eaters keeps placing a Baroque Bohemian Cats in his pocket to terrify him.
Oh, my GOD, I laughed so hard at this! Little bastard deserved it.

Quote:
I am trying to think of what deck Ginny would have... and I can't. Did anyone else feel she was underdeveloped?
Me. Badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Archer View Post
Hi shade,

I totally agree with you. Ginny should have been given more of a place within the pages and should have been fleshed out properly so we could have known what truly makes her the best fit for the hero apart from her beauty and her fiery temper, being not emotionally needy and that she plays Quidditch almost as well as he does. See? We don't even know enough to write about her while discussing her. They should have divided the last book into two major arcs.
One part that spoke of the Horcrux Hunt and the other that spoke of how kids in Hogwarts, The D.A. supported the cause. But especially how Ginny and Neville along With Aberforth helped. I would have liked to read that, and more of the Marauder Era shenanigans. Really gotten to know Harry's parents and that batch (maybe Draco's parents too).

I am going off topic here, sorry. I do think Ginny would prefer a Lenormand or Oracle. I think she might make an excellent Lenormand reader. She is not so much about emotions or intuition. Then again,she could also use The Enchanted Tarot By Zerner- Farber.
I agree. I kind of felt like Rowling phoned in the last book. It read like her heart wasn't in it anymore and she couldn't be bothered, so just spit out whatever the first things that came to her were. Quite disappointing.

And to quit hijacking my own thread (which I don't care if we do actually...), I think Lenormands would fit her well. Or a plain old Rider. See? I don't know enough about her to pick a deck for her with any certainty either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Archer View Post
What deck might Aberforth Dumbledore use? Any decks with goats on them?
Whatever deck it is, make sure it's one of those plastic ones that can withstand butterbeer spills and goat pee.
Top   #27
jcwirish's Avatar
jcwirish  jcwirish is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 Sep 2009
Location: California
Posts: 19,473
jcwirish 

I love this thread! You people are very clever and I don't have much to add, but I loved the post about Umbridge with a Doreen Virtue deck. I was thinking that Longbottom would have to have something botanical. Maybe the Victorian Flower Oracle? For some reason I see Ginny with an old Morgan Greer, no particular reason really.
Top   #28
LindaMechele  LindaMechele is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 08 Jul 2015
Location: Up the crick in Central Texas
Posts: 456
LindaMechele 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwirish View Post
For some reason I see Ginny with an old Morgan Greer, no particular reason really.
You know, I think you nailed it!
Top   #29
jcwirish's Avatar
jcwirish  jcwirish is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 Sep 2009
Location: California
Posts: 19,473
jcwirish 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaMechele View Post
You know, I think you nailed it!
Right? Has to be an old copy that's pretty ratty and none of that high gloss shine found in the newer editions.
Top   #30




 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.