Time Event Will Happen Spread

Daizdy

I came across this spread while reading, "Tarot Card Combinations, by Dorothy Kelly." It seems telling when an event is going to happen is such a complicated issue but this spread seems very simple. (Simple is very good for me :) ) I’ve used it twice now but unfortunately will have to wait until Fall to see if it comes about. I’m curious though to know if anyone has used this spread and if so, how accurate was it? I’ve looked for it on the forum and didn’t see it, so, forgive me if I’m repeating it….

Aces are seasons – Use the date of the beginning of the season.
Thirteen cards in the suit represents weeks within that season.
Major Arcana cards represents days. The Fool (0) is immediate. It happens within the week.

Use the event card from your reading as the significator card.
Shuffle and deal face up, one on top of the other until you deal an Ace. Place it next to the significator card, working left to right.
Reshuffle and deal again until you deal a card within the same suit as the Ace. Place it next to the Ace.
Reshuffle and deal again until you deal a Major Arcana card. Place it next to the week card.

Example: Ace of Wands – Fall
Seven Wands – the 7th week
The Hermit (9) – within nine days (before or after) of the 7th week.

ArwenNightstar

Daizdy said:
Aces are seasons – Use the date of the beginning of the season. Thirteen cards in the suit represents weeks within that season.
Major Arcana cards represents days. The Fool (0) is immediate. It happens within the week.

Use the event card from your reading as the significator card.
Shuffle and deal face up, one on top of the other until you deal an Ace. Place it next to the significator card, working left to right.
Reshuffle and deal again until you deal a card within the same suit as the Ace. Place it next to the Ace.
Reshuffle and deal again until you deal a Major Arcana card. Place it next to the week card.

Example: Ace of Wands – Fall
Seven Wands – the 7th week
The Hermit (9) – within nine days (before or after) of the 7th week.

I have questions.

What event card from what reading? This looks like it is a follow-up reading if I am seeing this correctly?

Why are Wands Fall? Does she give her interps on that? See, for me, Wands = Spring, Swords = Summer, Cups = Autumn, and Discs = Winter.

Daizdy

Yes, I'm sorry, I should have been more descriptive. It would be a follow-up reading. If a reading indicates something will happen then you would use the the card that suggests it as the significator.

The book indicates the Ace of Wands represents Spring. "Tarot Made Easy, by Nancy Garen", uses the Ace of Wands to represent Autumn and Ace of Pentacles to represent Spring. I'm using the Sharman-Caselli deck and the image of the Ace of Wands appears "Autumn-ish" to me so I use it to represent Autumn. I'm fairly new to tarot, is it just a matter of preference or is there a set rule as to which suit represents which season?

Sorry for the confusion, I'll edit if necessary....

ArwenNightstar

Daizdy said:
Yes, I'm sorry, I should have been more descriptive. It would be a follow-up reading. If a reading indicates something will happen then you would use the the card that suggests it as the significator.

The book indicates the Ace of Wands represents Spring. "Tarot Made Easy, by Nancy Garen", uses the Ace of Wands to represent Autumn and Ace of Pentacles to represent Spring. I'm using the Sharman-Caselli deck and the image of the Ace of Wands appears "Autumn-ish" to me so I use it to represent Autumn. I'm fairly new to tarot, is it just a matter of preference or is there a set rule as to which suit represents which season?

Sorry for the confusion, I'll edit if necessary....

Grin! Not to worry! There are LOTS of different ways to associate suits to seasons.

For me, I do it from a Wiccan perspective.

Air = Spring = Wands
Fire = Summer = Swords
Water = Autumn = Cups
Earth = Winter = Pentacles.

Do what works for you, Daizdy!!! That is the best thing!

autumn star

Thanks for sharing the spread!

I am always a bit wary of using tarot to predict the times of events, but this method seems to be quite straight forward.

I will have to try it the next time I want to find out the timing of an event,

rcb30872

Hi

I know this is not related to the spread, but it is related to the topic brought up. I have come across a web site where it deals with this, timing for a particular event. I know that the Cups, Wands, Pentacles and Swords are supposed to indicate days, weeks, months and years, but I don't know which is which. I guess I am wondering if anyone would know by any chance. I have been asked about my readings that I have done for other people in relation to the spreads that I have thought up, when will it happen?? and I have been unable to answer them, as I don't know!!

Bec

ArwenNightstar

rcb30872 said:
Hi

I know this is not related to the spread, but it is related to the topic brought up. I have come across a web site where it deals with this, timing for a particular event. I know that the Cups, Wands, Pentacles and Swords are supposed to indicate days, weeks, months and years, but I don't know which is which. I guess I am wondering if anyone would know by any chance. I have been asked about my readings that I have done for other people in relation to the spreads that I have thought up, when will it happen?? and I have been unable to answer them, as I don't know!!

Bec

Here is something from my own website.

Suggestions for Timing Cards
These suggestions come from my friend Moondance.
Here are the tips she gave me.

Cups = Days
Wands = Weeks
Pentacles = Months
Ace-10 = one to through ten
Princess/Page = eleven
Prince/Knight = twelve

Any Sword = undetermined, up to you
Queen = undetermined, up to you
King = undetermined, up to you

Major Arcana = NOW! This is an ongoing psychological or spiritual process.

I would add that the Major Arcana are generally indicators of something that is outside of our normal sphere of control.

Daizdy

rcb30872 said:
I know that the Cups, Wands, Pentacles and Swords are supposed to indicate days, weeks, months and years, but I don't know which is which. Bec

Bec, This is why I found the spread I posted so appealing and why I was curious if anyone had tried it with success. It was pretty cut and dry, very simple to remember and do. The only thing it does not tell us is the year. So, it may be less beneficial in a reading, say...for someone wondering when they will meet the love of their life. Unless maybe the spread is modified to include a card which represents a year. (wondering....hhhmmmm) My own reading is a perfect example for what this spread is beneficial for:

The company I work for was bought out by a company far more advanced than we are. The buy-out happened a few months ago and still some technical things to work out so things are still running as usual and rumors are flying around about this company bringing in their own employees and letting the rest of us go.

So, I already know that the "event" is going to happen, I just don't/didn't know when.

Maybe there some AT'ers out there, who like me, have an event that's going to happen but just don't know when, who can give this spread a test run, so to speak (or is that a wise thing to do....testing tarot....hhhmmm). If it is a good spread for telling time then maybe we can come up with a way of adding a year card.....

rcb30872

ArwenNightstar said:
Here is something from my own website.

Suggestions for Timing Cards
These suggestions come from my friend Moondance.
Here are the tips she gave me.

Cups = Days
Wands = Weeks
Pentacles = Months
Ace-10 = one to through ten
Princess/Page = eleven
Prince/Knight = twelve

Any Sword = undetermined, up to you
Queen = undetermined, up to you
King = undetermined, up to you

Major Arcana = NOW! This is an ongoing psychological or spiritual process.

I would add that the Major Arcana are generally indicators of something that is outside of our normal sphere of control.
Thank you for letting me know. You are a life saver.

Bec

maia_moonsong

time frame spread

that spread is SO cool! Thanks so much for sharing it!
Blessed Be,
Maia