Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 20 - #20

mooncat2

:)We don’t have snow where I live either ..........frosts, lots of rain and fog.

As a farmers wife I know there is a big difference between working in the summer and in the winter. Having to go out in the knowledge you’re going to return cold, wet and miserable takes some effort.

This young girl has put aside the ‘me first’ Aries attitude .............has recognised a need in someone else and has responded in a loving, caring way. The birds are hungry so I will feed them.

Winter is a time when visibly there is little growth and for nature’s creatures food supplies are often short.
Spiritual awareness is rising but it has a quiet voice.................it is like the sap inside a deciduous tree in winter which appears grey and lifeless but inwardly everything is moving in preparation for the spring.

Money, power, materialism .......the getting, having and holding on to........still controls.

This symbol is saying to me that those who have listened to their spiritual messengers , who feel a new spiritual consciousness must go beyond seeing this as simply for themselves. It is a message to be shared ..........we must feed the hungry.........most of whom don’t even know they are.
Overcome the feelings of inadequacy, that we don’t know how or have the right knowledge or resources.

It’s said the greatest teachers do nothing...........they inspire by the example they give.... by the way they live.
More valuable to our children than any school.
first posted by tink27
In this symbol the spirit has landed.
Yes, it has............it truly is a beautiful symbol. To give from the heart.........to care about others........
......is this where we ask the question of our Life’s purpose
..........perhaps that is the foundation of our Life Purpose.

I chose my image this time............I fell in love with it and think it expresses so much of this symbol.
We had a kitten once at the end of summer when the corn was ripe. He loved nothing more than to be given the cobs after we’d eaten. The moment he was given one he changed from an enchanting kitten to a ferocious tiger.............look out anyone who tried to take his cob away from him. The rest of the world may have said cats don’t eat corn but for him it was the ultimate in nourishment.
first posted by tink27
Naturally seeking out experiences that nourish us, while providing the same for others?
Yes, I think we do....................and when we do find them they seem to be the things we can eventually use to nourish others as well.
We need to encourage children to explore and experiment too. Help them find what nourishes them as individuals...............why should every little girl automatically be expected to love Barbie?

:love:

Attachments

• SC - Heart Gifts.JPG
    SC - Heart Gifts.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 108

tink27

mooncat2 said:
We had a kitten once at the end of summer when the corn was ripe. He loved nothing more than to be given the cobs after we’d eaten. The moment he was given one he changed from an enchanting kitten to a ferocious tiger.............look out anyone who tried to take his cob away from him. The rest of the world may have said cats don’t eat corn but for him it was the ultimate in nourishment.

Ohhhhh my gosh mooncat2! You definitely made my morning.....this picture is absolutely priceless!! The delight in the child's face has me smiling from ear to ear!!

This is truly the art of giving in its most natural form...no begruding, no holding back....our hearts and minds unconditionally open!

Corn itself was not only the staple crop but also a spiritual force, one of the basic life supporters said to have been given by the Mother Earth or the Creator himself. Just as deer were deeply meaningful to the males, corn was and is basically female in nature and is thought of as one of "Our Three Sisters", the other two being beans and squash. Women planted, cultivated, and prepared the corn, making it into bread, soup, or medicine

http://www.iroquoismuseum.org/gift.htm

The moment he was given one he changed from an enchanting kitten to a ferocious tiger.............look out anyone who tried to take his cob away from him.

An incredible power that exists within each of us and will bring us anything we want as long as we are open to it.....and as long as we give to others what we ourselves want!

Marina said:
Solarfire body part - The hyoid bone ("Lingual Bone") is a bone in the human neck, not articulated to any other bone; it is supported by the muscles of the neck and in turn supports the root of the tongue.

A flexible neck reveals within one, states of great compassion and love....but if we are aware of our body signals....when we experience a 'stiff neck' we are definitely locked into some kind of power struggle that keeps us from receiving the bounty and spiritual significance of the fertility of corn.

tink :love: