Which Thoth do I have?

caridwen

Sort of poetic victorian metaphysics on acid.

I've read an awful lot of that as well as a lot of Crowley, including his dreadful poetry White Stains! I had a boyfriend obsessed with serial killers and Crowley so I learnt quite a bit about his madness and magick but not much about the Thoth:p

It's been difficult putting my previous knowledge aside and starting from a fresh tarot perspective but I'm giving it a go:)

ravenest

"Sort of poetic victorian metaphysics on acid."

Well, yeah ... thats exactly what it was. AC was a pioneer, and we must remember this is no ordinary drug, he (and a lot of others including T. Leary) didnt take it just to get 'out of it'. It was an exploration in conciousness.
AC was one of the first, if not the first to bring this drug to Europe, its been said he gave Huxley his first dose (Aldous Huxley; "The Doors of Perception and Heaven and Hell" is a good ref.). And synthesised the first psycadelic (from Mushrooms he bought back from Mexico). I believe this is one aspect that a lot of the Thoth artwork is trying to capture.

Have a read, in Thoth, the section about the Fool and "The Grass of the Arabians" (also just about all of "The Vision and the Voice")

Abrac

The first greenie I had was a Weiser. It looked green but it was more like celery than broccoli. The colors had a washed out appearance.