'Spell' To Help With Tarot Wisdom?

fateworksalways

I had a friend suggest the following 'wishing spell' to me as something she did to help with her tarot wisdom abilities. She stated that it helped to open her up a great deal when she used it. Has anyone else ever done this/is this popular? Are there other 'spells' out there that do the same or better (or more focused)? I'm just curious because she SWORE by it and I thought it was interesting

Put three candles in the highest place you have at home,
inside a plate with sugar all around the candles. Light
the candles. Ask for three wishes to your guardian angels

ST.RAFAEL, ST MICHAEL, and ST GABRIEL.

Ask one wish for business, one wish for love, and one
impossible wish. Publish this spell on the third day
after you requested the wishes (by mailing it to
another person, posting it to a usenet newsgroup, or
announcing your thanks to the saints in a newspaper
classified ad) and see what happens on the fourth
day........

firecatpickles

Sounds like a chain letter.

And personally I would use magic to cast a spell on myself.

Why not meditate and center yourself before each reading? Establishing a ritual can help you focus.

AJ

wish in one had and spit in the other, see which one fills up first :)

I believe we can, with positive affirmations, achieve our goals...because those positive affirmations eventually kick start us to actually doing the work required.

I don't do spells, so I'll be interested in what spell doers here have to share.

I'd think the results of carrying this out would give people the impression we were woo-woo people rather than serious students and users of cards. I also think you'd set your ceiling on fire.

Sinduction

A spell is pretty much a positive affirmation set to some ritual. All you are doing is calling something to yourself. Same as a prayer.

All the teachings in the Secret? Yeah, I've been doing those for years through my Wicca teachings.

rhombchick

AJ said:
I also think you'd set your ceiling on fire.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking! :D

robstanley1

Also - the very first thing that springs to mind here is that the Beings mentioned absolutely are NOT saints; they're Archangels.

Referring to them as saints isn't going to go very far, in terms of ingratiating them to assist you....

ETA: I'd actually go as far as to say that, each and every time you work or interact with the cards you are performing a magickal act - allowing the symbology to affect both your conscious and subconscious mind.

The simple act of using the cards is a far more powerful - not to mention effective - ritual than the one described above ;)

Love & Light,

Rob

Seafra

In the late '70s there were many prayer circles in my area. They promoted a St Jude prayer that folks would put in the adverts section of the newspaper. It sounded a bit like the one in the OP. Although it was popular for a few years I haven't seen one in a looong looong time.

I figure if they actually worked I'd still be seeing them in the newspaper. (Actually, these days newspapers could use the income ... )

SunChariot

That sounds more like a prayer to me than a spell, not that I am an expert of spells. But I do use prayer (pray) a lot.

To me, none of that ritual is necessary. The angels are always ready and willing to help us anytime we ask. I would just (and I have many times) just talk to them. Call them by name and tell them all your thoughts and what yuo need help with and they will help.

I DO have a very good prayer book to work with the angels for things if you do want something more formal along those lines. I have used this book often and it has worked wonders for me in my life. It has a silver mirror-like cover and I always call it my little silver miracle book. I adore it. It's partly prayers, partly meditations and partly things you can do like wear colours of use specific crystals to attract what you want, a bit of all that.

It's called "An Angel for Every Day, by Angela McGerr.

It is set out in chapters by month and associated zodiac sign angels. You can use it that way, but there is an extensive index at the back with every issue you could ever need. Like if i feel I need more courage to face something, I look up "courage" in the index in the back and work with the prayers related to building courage, or more faith, or connection or whatever you want to work on.

If you don't find what you need, you can try synoyms in the index. I tried, just for the fun of it, to look up which ones you could work on to improve your Tarot skills. I looked under learning and under growth, nothing, but there 6 under empowerment, you could consider it as empowering your skills. There is one on unearthing your talents, there are others to boost/improve your intuitive skills...

Anyway, I adore that book and it might be somethign there that would interest you. It's pretty easy to find what you want to address in it.

Babs

SunChariot

robstanley1 said:
Also - the very first thing that springs to mind here is that the Beings mentioned absolutely are NOT saints; they're Archangels.

Referring to them as saints isn't going to go very far, in terms of ingratiating them to assist you....

Love & Light,

Rob

I see your point, They are Archangels not saints and not really part of our guardian angels either. Archangels are not exaclty teh same thing as our guardian angels and they are more powerful then either saints or our regular guardian angels.

Although if you use the wrong word just because you don't know any better, I don't think they would mind at all. They are all about unconditional love. And they listen more to what is in our hearts than in our words. If you knew they were more important than saints and purposely called them saints out of disrespect, that might be another story.

Thosre are my thoughts on it...

Babs

nisaba

You want to know something interesting? My intuition has developed at a *far* faster rate and opened up enormously since I've been frequenting the "games and fun" forum and specifically playing the "Use your Powers for Good" game. This is a game where one online person hides something - people participating pull cards to guess what it is and where they've put it. Sounds simple, sounds trivial, actually is a lot of fun, but my oh my, it's made a huge difference! I'm going to keep playing it as and when I have the time.

Doctors are right - having fun *is* the best way to learn and grow!