Tyldwick Tarot

DaisyDragonfly

I picked mine up from the PO this morning and have gone through the cards but not read with it yet.

Wow, just wow. This is the most beautiful deck. For starters I can't believe I finally have a copy after all these years. The wait was so worth it. Each card is beautiful and you could stare at them for hours. The details are remarkable. It's like looking through a gap in an old, moss-covered wall to catch a glimpse of that old, rambling house that you've never been able to visit. It reminds me of a childhood book that I can't quite place, there's a nostalgic feeling when you go through the cards for something that I feel I've forgotten.

It's very difficult to describe the feeling this deck gives you. The word that springs to mind is spectral for some reason. Haunting, gorgeous with an air of melancholy.

:D Agreed! And here's what I'm finding each time I use it: it's a rocking little deck to read with. The images tell you precisely what you need to know - the details take turns to be noticed, depending on what it is that needs to be seen. I was worried it would be all style and aesthetic value, but it isn't. It's a readable, workable deck as well. :thumbsup:

Essjay

:D Agreed! And here's what I'm finding each time I use it: it's a rocking little deck to read with. The images tell you precisely what you need to know - the details take turns to be noticed, depending on what it is that needs to be seen. I was worried it would be all style and aesthetic value, but it isn't. It's a readable, workable deck as well. :thumbsup:

I'm so looking forward to doing my month-long readings with it :D

Morwenna

Wow. I just looked at the website. I'm dazzled. This is gorgeous. No wonder he changed some images; as lovely as the older version was, this is so much more detailed. From what I can see from the scans, the staves especially seem easy to read via RWS imagery. (I'm not so sure about some of the others.) Onto the wish list it goes!

And yes, I'd love to at least visit some of the properties pictured here! What a vacation spot, if not a home...

Nica

The faces really speak to me, more so than the room they find themselves in because it IS their room. I feel like they are 'guardian spirits' or 'sprites' found in their surroundings. It's very strange, I have not felt this in a tarot deck before. The silence in the room screams.

The cards that really push the composition inspire me most. There are some in which there is a lot of white space; I find them true to their number and suit.

The color choices work well with the suits. Overall wonderfully done, I am very glad I got it. I will be posting a comprehensive review on my blog letting the cards speak for themselves.

I want to note also that this deck has experimental qualities. It can be mixed and matched with oracles, or left as its own sacred unit. I particularly enjoy using it alongside Kat Black's Golden Tarot, and mean that as a compliment.

So glad I bought this.

Linfang

Took a leap of faith and just ordered it. Oh my, I hope it will speak to me...

Dusk Till Dawn

Took a leap of faith and just ordered it. Oh my, I hope it will speak to me...

Well, I received mine yesterday, and it had been a long time for me, since I unwrapped a Deck, and actually wanted to play with it right away. So last Night, when I finally had the Time, I went through the Deck, shuffled, and pulled a one Carder, about how my Relationship with the Deck will be: 2 of Cups.........
So, the Deck itself is amazing, the Quality of the Gilding, the Printing and Cardstock are Superb.
So, the loooong wait was so worth it, and I just wish, that other Decks that are self published, would come in such a NICE presentation, of SUPERB Quality. I rarely ever comment on Decks, but this one is OUTSTANDING! This Deck actuallly brings FUN back into the Tarot for me. I am so glad I ordered it.

Linfang

Dusk Till Dawn, your words make me look forward even more to getting the Tyldwick! Looking at the pictures online made me doubt again, but I think the cards will look and feel different once I hold them in my hands.

How long did your deck take to arrive? *start biting my nails*

Phineas

Mine arrived today, number 166 as requested,and it really is lovely. After an initial shuffle through I spread out the majors and had a good look at each one and was surprised at how "interperatable" they were. Considering the lack of people that are usually so integral to their meanings, I found the majors very intuative to their base meanings, but covered in little details pointing back to both RWS and Thoth decks, so going over them in fine detail is going to be a lot of fun.

I then laid out the pips and courts, but must confess that I payed much more attention to the courts. I actually chuckled when I realized the patten of the courts and their elemental correspondences. Pages are earthy gardens, knights are fireplaces and mantles, queens are fountains and kings are airy windows. It starts off subtly then pokes you in the eye when you lay them out together.

I'll have a better look at the rest of the pips in the daylight, but of the ones I glanced at, some the meanings are quite obviouse, and others are going to need my notebook and some reference books to make sense of, but then that's allways part of the fun.

The cards themselves are quite "slick" and I imagine will shuffel nicely ( I haven't mixed mine up yet). Each suite has a themed border that pulls them together and looks awesome fanned with the gilt edges, and the majors have different coloured borders, I'm sure there's a hidden meaning in the colours of the majors borders and am looking forward to working that puzzle out.

So far I am ridiculously happy with Neil's deck and giggled like an idiot when I found it in the letterbox tonight.

delizt

So far I am ridiculously happy with Neil's deck and giggled like an idiot when I found it in the letterbox tonight.

Yes, I feel the same! I love how each time I examine a card, I see details that I didn't see before....it's just an amazing deck that reveals itself slowly