A Most Genuine & Authentic Fake 15th Century Method!

kwaw

Bernice said:
Oh yes! Now we can hone up on Significators.

But as Sherryl (somewhere) mentioned, it does seem that Fortune as co-significator might cover many queries.....

Significators for Lost Things:

Lost my glasses, where are they? Lack of vision, clarity; bu**erd with out 'em: Juggler/illusion/distortion?

thinking......

Bee :)

As someone who makes things disappear and (hopefully) reappear, a suitable significator I think of something lost, mislaid that you wish to find.

Pope - the father; confessor, forgiveness.

Star - a guide, a map, a sign or anything that identifies the way. A witness. A journey. A birth.

Rosanne

Ohhhhh ahhhhhh one of the random questions I was asked and could not think of a signifier for was.....
Will Husband actually forgive an indiscretion (not pretend to)?
Movement towards- I got Chariot- but I did not think of Pope for forgiveness.
Mental blockage in that direction. I thought maybe the Empress as indiscretion- but it did not exactly work. I think of her as the sin of envy.

Melanchollic

Rosanne said:
I thought maybe the Empress as indiscretion- but it did not exactly work. I think of her as the sin of envy.

Interesting interp! I see her like Jackie-O, or Princess Di, as sort of a figure head of fashions and tastes. I was assigning the different trumps to the rooms of a house the other day, and she was the parlor or formal dining area, where guests are entertained.

Bernice

Short interruption for a brainwave: This method could be radically streamlined even further.

Significator (in all 'yes/no/pecentage' cases) = ......Fortune
Co-significator (in all 'yes/no/pecentage' cases) = ..Sun

Lost things or people = probably 3 sigs.

Still thinking...... must do lunch.

kwaw

Bernice said:
The World: "So basically, the card depicts heaven."

World = Heaven.
How can we use 'heaven' as a Significator (or co-sig) ?

If you want to leave the World in, then you have to take another card out, as there are only 21 spaces. I would take the fool out, as it is distinguished from the others by the fact it is unnumbered and by a difference in function.

But I hate to leave the fool out of play:(

As the fool can be played instead of any other card, he could be a significator in all questions, so all you have then is to choose one card as significator of the question. The question then is how to place the fool. One method for example would be to add up the numbers on the four corner cards, keep deducting 20 until you get a number of 21 or under, and place the fool as significator in that position. (Or you could deduct 21 until you get a number under 21, but if the four corners add up to 21, the answer would be nought, which means the fool, one of the significators could not be placed, which means the question would be void).

Or, the center card could always be co-significator, whichever card it is, and the relationship of the fools position to that decides the question...

... but perhaps that is 'streamlining' the method too far, and leading us OT and out of the interesting discussion of which cards would signify what.

conversus

Edited to say oops!
CED

rachelcat

Choose the card meanings BEFORE you look at the spread!! Of COURSE!

(I could never understand the Lenormand tableau. This method will definitely work for that!)

But I really like it with tarot, too! Thank you so much!

About the Fool--maybe he could be a real wild card--after all the other cards are laid out face down, replace one of them with the Fool. But if the card replaced was one of the significators!!?? Extreme "no"!? Or "cannot be known at this time"?

Moonbow

I like reading Tarot with a Lenormand type of spread, though not necessarily with significators like this one of M.E.L.'s, but a spread where the cards' proximity has a positive or negative affect on those around it. This idea is also use in playing card divination. Maybe that's a little too 'authentic' for this thread though ;) . I'm afraid I cheated and kept the cards face up and saw how they interacted with each other, whilst still keeping the significator and co-sig. as the focal point for the question.

What happened to the virtues?

Bernice

What happened to the virtues?
Streamlined out :)

I've still got two more cards to try & figure out what they might represent. Working on it. Although it seems to me that unless Mel posts a Sig-list, people will end up having their own meanings.

Rosanne: Question: Will Husband actually forgive an indiscretion (not pretend to)?
Looks like a 'percentage' question. But any percent less than at least 90% would make the answer...... upsetting (?).