6 of cups: contact or forgetting the past?

SweetSiren

That is an interesting take. I wonder of course if we will actually meet, but you said that time will have passed since our last meeting and it is possible that we will have evolved differently and that we might not reconnect like it used to be the case last summer.

At the same time, isn't the 6 of cups a feel good card, which would contradict what you said? Thanks for the input

It is a feel good card, but as others have pointed out, it is a known joy. I think you guys will meet up, and this card indicates that it won't be awkward. It'll, simply put, feel good. But there are SO many ways to feel good, so many shades. I mean, that is the whole point of tarot and language in general, to capture the variety and complexity of life.

I can only explain the card in how it's shown up for my own personal experiences. And for me, when that card showed up, I got a blast from the past. It was nice! Of course, it's always fun to reminisce. But for me, this blast from the past was only that. We didn't build our friendship and truly reconnect. It was just a feel good, "Hey! Nice to see you!" A few texts here and there every now and then, but no movement.

So for you, I think this card indicates the overall nature/vibe when you guys see each other again. It'll be good! But there's more to it than that. When I talked with my old friend, we connected about things from a bygone era and it was great to get back in touch with it. But there came a point where I couldn't simply forget all the things I have learned since then. And when either of us tried to assert the people we've become, not just who we used to be, I realized that we don't fully understand each other or get along. Things didn't go bad between us. It was just a "Hey, that was nice," and moved right along.

tarot_quest

Update 6 of cups for February

Hi guys,

It's March 1st today and for this thread, I pulled the 6 of cups when asking if I was going to meet/have a contact with x.

The answer is no, even not a text message or seeing each others randomly. I think that this card (6 of cups) meant 2 things:

- Known joy: when I was thinking of this person, that is what I felt. Also, I think that this person wanted to feel comfy at home (so his own known joy here). He is a bit depressed and does not hang out that much. At the end of this month, I pulled the 4 of swords to clarify this 6 of cups, which means to me that he needs to rest.

-Nostalgia/past: The card might be simply saying that we are both in each others past now. It's ok, life goes on! I am thinking that if he did not contact me, it's because we are not meant to be in each others live.

Thanks for your inputs guys! I had no ''life experience'' with this card and I have learn a lot :)

Laurelle

I wonder if tarot knew you were specifically asking about february. I didnt gather from your thread that you were askimg in a particular timeframe.

The possibilities of seeing them again is possible.

Though I got this card personally as an outcome. I think it just meant memories will be made and kept.

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out.

Hi guys,

It's March 1st today and for this thread, I pulled the 6 of cups when asking if I was going to meet/have a contact with x.

The answer is no, even not a text message or seeing each others randomly. I think that this card (6 of cups) meant 2 things:

- Known joy: when I was thinking of this person, that is what I felt. Also, I think that this person wanted to feel comfy at home (so his own known joy here). He is a bit depressed and does not hang out that much. At the end of this month, I pulled the 4 of swords to clarify this 6 of cups, which means to me that he needs to rest.

-Nostalgia/past: The card might be simply saying that we are both in each others past now. It's ok, life goes on! I am thinking that if he did not contact me, it's because we are not meant to be in each others live.

Thanks for your inputs guys! I had no ''life experience'' with this card and I have learn a lot :)

tarot_quest

I wonder if tarot knew you were specifically asking about february. I didnt gather from your thread that you were askimg in a particular timeframe.

The possibilities of seeing them again is possible.

Hi Laurelle,

yes I asked for February. If this person contacts me, I will let you know. Thanks for your words.

Also, an ex contacted me today after a very long time, but it would be weird that this 6 of cups was referring to this! (since it is another person)

pandap

Hi guys,

Thanks for the update, it is appreciated. :)

That has been my experience with this card too with that sort of question. It has only indicated having fond memories and trip of nostalgia down memory lane.

I've only had this card as actually meeting someone when the question was about a reunion with family members or a special trip with family members (so far, anyway).

tarot_quest

Thanks for the update, it is appreciated. :)

That has been my experience with this card too with that sort of question. It has only indicated having fond memories and trip of nostalgia down memory lane.

I've only had this card as actually meeting someone when the question was about a reunion with family members or a special trip with family members (so far, anyway).

Hi Pandap,

no problem for the feedback!

Yes the same card can have different meanings for every reader from what I understand. It's a dynamic relationship with Tarot because in this case, I did not have a ''pre'' made conception about this card and tarot is teaching me what this card meant to my situation, in a certain way ;)