Judgment + Knight of Cups

intuitivetarot

I pulled these 2 cards as part of a general reading for if I should move on: I THINK Judgment means internally hashing out the past, while I THINK Knight/Cups means new love and acting on it. Any thoughts?

EDIT: the context--I'm currently waiting to hear back from someone.

Thirteen

The Cards rarely give us a yes/no answer...

Judgement is often about letting go of something that is holding you back--either something you're fond of or that it's just hard to get out of; and given that you're waiting to hear back from someone, I'd take that knight as the message coming your way.

As for this being a "yes" answer to your question about moving on: Tarot cards rarely give us simple "yes/no" answers to anything. Flip a coin if you want an absolute yes or no answer to a question. With Tarot you typically get "Under these circumstances, it would probably be better to move on, but under these circumstances, it would probably be better to stay." Remember that the cards are not your parents, and you're not a child--it isn't their job to tell you what to do. The cards are a friend and an advisor, and you're an adult. Which means that their job is to make sure you see the big picture, have all the pieces and important information, and so can make the best decision.

So, I think the advice you're getting here is that you should release yourself from whatever is holding you back, no matter what. Whether you move on after that, or decide to remain and re-negotiate things (now that you are making a "free" choice to stay instead of feeling like you have to stay)...that you should decide after you get that message. I think the advice is that what that someone says to you will make a difference. So, you shouldn't move on until you hear back from them.

That I think is what the cards are advising you.

Absynthe

With no question and just those two cards I would interpret it as you need to let go of something before love will come for you.

intuitivetarot

Tarot cards rarely give us simple "yes/no" answers to anything.

So, I think the advice you're getting here is that you should release yourself from whatever is holding you back, no matter what. Whether you move on after that, or decide to remain and re-negotiate things (now that you are making a "free" choice to stay instead of feeling like you have to stay)...that you should decide after you get that message. I think the advice is that what that someone says to you will make a difference. So, you shouldn't move on until you hear back from them.

Thanks, Thirteen. I don't usually ask a yes/no Q for that very reason, but, for some reason, I did here. I'm glad you pointed it out to help remind me. And yes, I originally mentioned that I'm waiting to hear back, so your interpretation is completely relevant. But what do you mean by release--release after the message comes through?

With no question and just those two cards I would interpret it as you need to let go of something before love will come for you.

Sorry, Absynthe, I removed that detail because the description took up too much space. Basically the context is that I'm waiting to hear back from someone and I'm wondering what I should know about continuing to wait or moving on. Does that help? :) Your feedback is still interesting though--it's positive and doesn't indicate that the knight of cups is ill dignified in any way. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

intuitivetarot

Wait, no, no, no, everyone--I forgot to mention that the knight of cups is NOT the outcome; it came up in almost the MIDDLE of the reading. :/

Thirteen

But what do you mean by release--release after the message comes through?
You're taking Judgement to mean "moving on." Which it could mean if it is the outcome. Is it the outcome? If, like the Knight, it's elsewhere in the reading, then it might mean letting go of stuff you need to let go of in order to move on...should that be your decision. Like, do you need to return stuff to someone? Do you need to let go of some anger you're holding onto? Do you need to do some spring cleaning so you have less things to move?

Judgement can mean a lot of things in regards to "release." Literally "things" or people, or figuratively in regards to emotions or memories where you, for example, keep hashing out an argument or how someone wronged you (or how you wronged them). If the card is *not* the outcome, then it probably means: Let. It. Go. You can't move on until you do.
Wait, no, no, no, everyone--I forgot to mention that the knight of cups is NOT the outcome; it came up in almost the MIDDLE of the reading. :/
Can you tell us exactly what position it was in? That would help. Likewise, what about Judgement? You implied that these two were together, but if they're apart in the reading, in very different positions, then we really need to know what those positions were, otherwise we're just playing guessing games ;)

intuitivetarot

You're taking Judgement to mean "moving on." Which it could mean if it is the outcome. Is it the outcome?

Yes, I was taking Judgement to mean "moving on"--thanks for making that clear. :) Now I think I get it. I no longer see this card as signifying a decision, but as assessing the past to analytically discern what you need to hold onto (maybe in order to make a decision or to take a new approach).

As you assumed, this card was indeed sitting next to Knight/Cups. To be specific, out of 6 cards, the Judgement was 2nd and the Knight/Cups was 3rd.

Is this tarot's way of saying that I need to analyze the past and decide what to "take with me", but "follow my heart" in deciding what to hold onto?

Thirteen

As you assumed, this card was indeed sitting next to Knight/Cups. To be specific, out of 6 cards, the Judgement was 2nd and the Knight/Cups was 3rd. Is this tarot's way of saying that I need to analyze the past and decide what to "take with me", but "follow my heart" in deciding what to hold onto?
A very nice way to put it! And yes, I think you're getting it now. If you do a tarot spread, then position matters in how you read the answer. You say that Judgement was #2 and the Knight/Cups #3...did these positions have meanings like "past" "present" "advice"?

Always keep in mind that only the "outcome" position in a spread (if you lay down cards with positions, that is) is the tarot's ultimate "answer" to your question. All the others are the tarot's way of going over the situation with you: kind of like a doctor going over what's wrong with you, showing you test results, discussing your medical history, giving you info on medications and their drawbacks--ALL before saying what he/she thinks would be the best treatment (outcome).

Does that make sense? Were there named positions for the #2 and #3 spots? What were they?

intuitivetarot

A very nice way to put it!
Were there named positions for the #2 and #3 spots?

Great, thanks! :) I didn't think of specific positions before the reading, except that the last card would be the outcome. It was pretty much a "cold reading". But weirdly enough, usually whenever I do a cold reading--9 times out of 10--the cards align themselves so that there is a natural order of some sort (even when there is no pre-determined outcome position that they could lead up to). So, yes, it definitely does make sense that the tarot "goes over" the situation with you before saying what it thinks would be the best treatment (outcome). Sounds perfect! Thanks again. As it turns out, it was definitely a positive reading indeed! :)

Scorpiest

Judgment and the Knight of Cups could be presenting the gift of a wake up call. I often see the Judgment card in this way. A person receiving the wake up can choose to answer the call or ignore or attempt to block it, but the phone will still ring. Knight of Cups, if it represents an actual Prince Charming type in the picture might be seen in a different light in lieu of a new perspective that a person might gain after an event or communication of some sort. Alternatively, or in addition to this interpretation, a person's sense of what romance means as an ideal might be put into perspective after such an experience.

Moving on is a relative term. It means different things to different people. Whether one should move on? It's not something I feel we have much control over from my own perspective. Life is a continual process of moving on, changing, growing, shifting, evolving. In the greater cosmic scheme of things, we're talking life lessons. We can make a conscious choice to move on, but life will move us along regardless of our resistances. The Wheel in the sky keeps on turning.