Confusing cards in a sex reading

Pique Dame

How would you read the 7 of Swords Rx (please note: reversed, not upright) as how someone views/feels about a sexual relationship? Obviously the upright version might point to sneaking around or infidelity, but what would it mean in reverse? I'm wondering if it means the person might feel somewhat trapped or restricted and wants to escape from the confines of the relationship. Or maybe there's too much else going on in their mind to give it much thought. Swords do not usually suggest a lot of sexual energy so this is a tough one.
Also, if the High Priestess comes up for how someone sees you sexually (not necessarily their attraction to you, but just their general view about your sexual prowess), how would you read that? I'm torn between the HP being an extremely sexual card and a very sexless card. I've heard interpretations stating her as the ideal sex partner and others as completely virginal and platonic. I'd like to think the HP is a good card to get when asking about someone's ability to satisfy their partner but she's a confusing lady.
Thoughts?

ETA: These 2 cards are not from the same reading. They're from 2 different readings but the same questions/spread. I guess I should have clarified that since so many seem to be reading them as a combo.

Ace

Put the book aside and just LOOK at the cards. Free associate on them a bit. I see reversed cards as NOT what the upright meaning is, so 7 of Swords Rx is honesty. What you want from this is what you are getting.

The HP can be a strong woman card, not necessarily virginal but not necessarily communicating clearly (She does guard secrets after all!)

MY $0.02.

Barb

Pique Dame

I'm honestly very stuck here. 7/S Rx might mean honesty, but what about in the context of one's feelings? How can someone "feel honest" about a sexual relationship? Free association doesn't get me much, either. The best I could come up with is getting rather than taking, so maybe this person is merely getting what they want or just taking what they can get. Reversed swords here make me wonder if the person in question is disengaged from the whole process.

Laurelle

I might read these two together as someone who doesn't want a sexual relationship. OR someone who wants their secret sexual relationship to come out in the open.

HP decides whether or not she wants a relationship or not. She's not opening and welcoming like the Empress. She's perfectly content on being alone and on her own. So if someone is seeing you like the HP and the 7 of Swords rx also turns up in that reading, I would think that this person wants a more honest relationship with you, but you make them think of affairs and secret stuff, which they don't like. They would like it if you could be more honest and open with your emotions because they don't feel that you are being forthcoming.

7 of S rx could be about vulnerability and because he can't see you for who you are (HP) he feels vulnerable.

He views you as the HP? Then he views you as the single woman, eternally single. He views you as some what sterile emotionally (given the 7Srx). Very emotionally unavailable. HP can also come up as the other woman. Is he married? Does he worry that you relationship will come out into the open (7Srx)

I don't see sexy with these two combos at all. It almost borderlines being used sexually.

I think this person views you as someone who is not honest in relationships and who sees you as aloof. Because "honest" is 7Srx and "not" is HP. If that makes sense.

Laurelle

Look at it this way:

HP: is the woman a man has an affair with or a woman who will always be his best friend.

Empress: is the woman a man wants to marry, to bring home to mom and who mothers his children.

Archetypically of course.

Scorpiest

I have had these cards come up very much the way Laurelle describes them. High Priestess and 7 of Swords screams affair to me. But, that's not always the case in every circumstance. I think both cards reinforce an aspect of secrecy. They are both loner operators. I feel like someone is not being on the up and up or entirely open. Seven of Swords reversed may mean that someone is trying to avoid intimacy, but because Seven of Swords is reversed or blocked, there is no easy way to escape. Perhaps one of the individuals feels uncomfortable with the idea of lovemaking (for whatever reason - inhibitions, insecurities, ambivalence). I think confrontation at some point would be inevitable. The High Priestess can also be a harbinger of secrets from the past - past relationships? past lover affairs? and those secrets may very well go down with her to her grave. Keeping secrets from one's partner can mean the death knell for the relationship. If I were to pull these cards myself, I would want some clarity, at some point. I would feel like someone was not being honest with me or I was not being honest with myself or that there were aspects of the relationship that I was overlooking. I would consider pulling cards at a later date or perhaps confronting the issue straight on if I figured out what the great mystery was.

I'm honestly very stuck here. 7/S Rx might mean honesty, but what about in the context of one's feelings? How can someone "feel honest" about a sexual relationship? Free association doesn't get me much, either. The best I could come up with is getting rather than taking, so maybe this person is merely getting what they want or just taking what they can get. Reversed swords here make me wonder if the person in question is disengaged from the whole process.

I think these are reasonable interpretations. I see 7 of Swords reversed meaning possible difficulties with intimacy. With the 7 of Swords, you do not only have possible emotional dishonesty and deception, you also might have a situation where someone is looking to escape a situation that they cannot handle. If this person has a history of avoiding intimacy, perhaps, 7 of Swords (reversed) suggests they won't so easily be able to accomplish that this time around (for whatever reason). 7 of Swords also suggests resourcefulness, someone using the talents and skills they have available. With 7 of Swords reversed, the individual is not making such great use of their skills (they might have some 'tricks' up their sleeve) but it's not having the desired effect. It reminds me of the Magician reversed. The guy's got all the resources and skills, but it's just not working for him. The Magician might need to attempt to pull another rabbit out of the hat, and the Seven of Swords dude might need to pull out another sword. I wouldn't say so much disengaged, rather I prefer the word, ineffectual. In a sexual context, maybe what this person had planned as a means of seduction isn't working so well.

Grizabella

The High Priestess is a keeper of secrets, and she's also discreet if she does choose to have sex. The 7 of Swords upright is someone she can't trust. With the 7 of Swords reversed, this would indicate someone she knows she can trust to be discreet as she is.

Pique Dame

I might read these two together as someone who doesn't want a sexual relationship. OR someone who wants their secret sexual relationship to come out in the open.
I’m sorry. I probably should have clarified that these two cards did not appear in the same reading together. It was 2 separate readings but the same spread/questions. Reading #1 turned up the 7 of Swords Rx for the 1st question and the 7 of Wands as how they view you “between the sheets.” That was pretty self-explanatory to me (aggressive, a “top” person, gets the job done). In reading #2 Death Rx was the card that appeared alongside HP. I figured that meant they were content with how things were and didn’t want anything about it to change. But I was drawing a blank for the 7/S Rx and feeling conflicted about HP. Not sure if that changes your interps of the 2 cards. You may have a point about secrecy, though. It’s not explicitly a secret but it is something that’s not widely known.

HP decides whether or not she wants a relationship or not. She's not opening and welcoming like the Empress. She's perfectly content on being alone and on her own. So if someone is seeing you like the HP and the 7 of Swords rx also turns up in that reading, I would think that this person wants a more honest relationship with you, but you make them think of affairs and secret stuff, which they don't like. They would like it if you could be more honest and open with your emotions because they don't feel that you are being forthcoming.
Perhaps HP is secretive in that she’s not as “vocal” about what she wants. Maybe the other person is confused about what exactly she likes and always wonders “Am I doing it right? Is this the right technique?” It could be they need more verbal affirmation to unlock the mystery, maybe?

7 of S rx could be about vulnerability and because he can't see you for who you are (HP) he feels vulnerable.
I haven’t heard of this card meaning feeling vulnerable before but that’s an interesting take on it.

Then he views you as the single woman, eternally single. He views you as some what sterile emotionally (given the 7Srx). Very emotionally unavailable. HP can also come up as the other woman. Is he married? Does he worry that you relationship will come out into the open (7Srx)
No, no one’s married. It’s possible there’s some worry about it coming out into the open but it’s not because of another woman. I’m not too sure about the emotionally sterile and unavailable part. The question wasn’t really how they see you as a person. It was relegated to how satisfied they are with your “performance” (so to speak).

I don't see sexy with these two combos at all. It almost borderlines being used sexually.
I don’t think anyone is being used, at least maybe not intentionally. But neither card struck a strong sexy vibe with me, which threw the whole readings off.

I think this person views you as someone who is not honest in relationships and who sees you as aloof. Because "honest" is 7Srx and "not" is HP. If that makes sense.
It makes sense, but since these cards are from different readings, that might change things.

HP: is the woman a man has an affair with or a woman who will always be his best friend.
Empress: is the woman a man wants to marry, to bring home to mom and who mothers his children.
Empress is clearly a more warm and nurturing card. I’ve heard different interps of them, though. Some see HP as the eternal friend, not flame, and Empress as the woman you marry. Others see HP as very sexual and Empress as decidedly not sexual but more of a motherly relationship. I’m more of a believer in the former but I don’t know if HP can NEVER be sexual. I’ve had it come up in a positive but mysterious yet seductive light.

I have had these cards come up very much the way Laurelle describes them. High Priestess and 7 of Swords screams affair to me. But, that's not always the case in every circumstance. I think both cards reinforce an aspect of secrecy.
It’s definitely not an affair.

They are both loner operators. I feel like someone is not being on the up and up or entirely open. Seven of Swords reversed may mean that someone is trying to avoid intimacy, but because Seven of Swords is reversed or blocked, there is no easy way to escape. Perhaps one of the individuals feels uncomfortable with the idea of lovemaking (for whatever reason - inhibitions, insecurities, ambivalence).
Avoiding true intimacy is possible, but I don’t think the other person is trying to “escape” the situation. They may be inhibited but I don’t believe they’re necessarily mapping their escape route.

I think confrontation at some point would be inevitable. The High Priestess can also be a harbinger of secrets from the past - past relationships? past lover affairs? and those secrets may very well go down with her to her grave. Keeping secrets from one's partner can mean the death knell for the relationship.
Confrontation? How so?

If I were to pull these cards myself, I would want some clarity, at some point. I would feel like someone was not being honest with me or I was not being honest with myself or that there were aspects of the relationship that I was overlooking. I would consider pulling cards at a later date or perhaps confronting the issue straight on if I figured out what the great mystery was.
That’s kind of why I posted on here: for clarity. :) 7/S Rx might mean self-deception but I’m not sure how that fits in the context of the question that was asked.

I see 7 of Swords reversed meaning possible difficulties with intimacy. With the 7 of Swords, you do not only have possible emotional dishonesty and deception, you also might have a situation where someone is looking to escape a situation that they cannot handle. If this person has a history of avoiding intimacy, perhaps, 7 of Swords (reversed) suggests they won't so easily be able to accomplish that this time around (for whatever reason).
Difficulties with intimacy is a huge possibility here. I don’t know if this person is strategically avoiding true emotional intimacy or is just clueless on what it is and how to do it. I think that if they truly wanted to escape the situation, they would have by now.

7 of Swords also suggests resourcefulness, someone using the talents and skills they have available. With 7 of Swords reversed, the individual is not making such great use of their skills (they might have some 'tricks' up their sleeve) but it's not having the desired effect. It reminds me of the Magician reversed. The guy's got all the resources and skills, but it's just not working for him. The Magician might need to attempt to pull another rabbit out of the hat, and the Seven of Swords dude might need to pull out another sword.
Maybe they do have some tricks up their sleeve but are too inhibited to use them? Although this is their feelings on the sexual relationship itself, and not necessarily related to how they see themselves in it.

I wouldn't say so much disengaged, rather I prefer the word, ineffectual. In a sexual context, maybe what this person had planned as a means of seduction isn't working so well.
Would ineffectual mean the sex is not truly meeting their needs? Maybe their attraction has waned?

The High Priestess is a keeper of secrets, and she's also discreet if she does choose to have sex. The 7 of Swords upright is someone can't trust. With the 7 of Swords reversed, this would indicate someone she knows she can trust to be discreet as she is.
Discreet is a good word here. I like it better than secretive, at least.

Amanda

7 of Swords RX is probably positive: it's 'effortless' or without risk, perhaps.

HP (in my experience) might suggest she has an issue leaving the lights on and would prefer to hide herself or keep things dark or with minimal lighting in the room. Then again, that may be better if feelings are not supposed to evolve between them. If she doesn't want the guy falling in love with her, keep the lights off.

Just for the record, I have had the HP come up as attraction before in a 'forbidden' kind of way, rather than a zesty passionate one (which I assume would be more of a fire card).

SweetSiren

This is the train of thought I had with the HP:

She looks like a nun, completely covered. The idea, in fantasy, is often a sexy thing because it's forbidden. I mean, how many skimpy costumes do you see of nuns? Way too many. But in reality talking to a nun would probably make one feel very uncomfortable about those feelings, guilty, even. The sexualized version is so far from the reality.

So this person might feel attracted to you, but you do or say something that takes away the "magic" of attraction. Is this about a coworker or someone else whom being in a relationship would confuse other aspects of life? I just see reality biting this person in the butt in some way. Maybe they have very different beliefs than you. They think you're a great person, but maybe their beliefs are so different that you rub them the wrong way.