The Three Judges Turning-Point Spread

Barleywine

We frequently debate the "good card/bad card" nature of the tarot. While there is no consensus on that subject, I tend to read the Major Arcana as more or less friendly or unfriendly to a querent's intentions in a reading. Here is another "prepared" spread I created using the Major Arcana cards that are more decidedly positive and negative to explore major turning-points in life. They act as background or "stage-setting" for the actual ten-card reading, creating a "two sides to the story" situation that leads to a final verdict.

ETA: I have attached photos of an actual spread to show how it should look. I used two decks: the Albano Waite for the Major Arcana overlay and the Robin Wood for the reading. I'm not going to interpret it fully, but I asked whether we would be successful in moving to a new home next year. What I got was that coming up with the money is going to be the main issue (Card #9 - Knight of Pentacles), and that we aren't going to be able to do it as soon as we would like (Card #10 - Page of Wands rx).

Attachments

• Three Judges Spread.pdf
    38.5 KB · Views: 421
  • DSC00200.JPG
    DSC00200.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 387
  • DSC00201.jpg
    DSC00201.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 379

Onaorkal

Oh wow I really like that layout! All the Major Arcana placements totally make sense to me.

If I understand correctly, those Major are only there as a visual support for interpretation? Or you really incorporate their meanings into the reading?

I think I would try it at least for the visual pleasure of it, but if I can manage to grasp a good way to use this spread, I would be more than happy! :)

Barleywine

Oh wow I really like that layout! All the Major Arcana placements totally make sense to me.

If I understand correctly, those Major are only there as a visual support for interpretation? Or you really incorporate their meanings into the reading?

I think I would try it at least for the visual pleasure of it, but if I can manage to grasp a good way to use this spread, I would be more than happy! :)

I think of them like the floor-plan of a house. In this particular spread, they create "rooms" that the spread cards inhabit; so there is at least a background influence that can be brought to the fore whenever it seems to be called for.

Denever

I'm looking forward to trying this with almost the same question (this year for me). Thanks, Barleywine.

rylla

Another interesting spread...thanks!

Julian Jaymes

This looks absolutely brilliant and I'm really excited to try it out! I love how you've sort of used the trumps to guide the naming/meaning of the "blank spaces." Not sure if I'm making sense, but I cannot wait to do this spread myself!! Thank you so, so much for sharing it!