& This Stone Is..?

Audelia

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a little bit of help identifying this stone. When I was younger I used to collect mountains upon mountains of crystals. I was too young to really appreciate what they could do, so when I went to college they were boxed away and forgotten about (shameful I know!).

Lately I've been really drawn to working with crystals so I dug them all out. I've managed to identify every one in my collection, except this one. Any help would be appreciated!

The rest of my collection has been cleansed, charged and ready to go - I definitely don't want to leave this little fella out due to a lack of knowledge regarding what he can do :)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 175

PathWalker

The colour isn't very easy to determine on that background, can you say what colour it is? Or maybe photograph against a white piece of paper? Happy to try and help :)

Audelia

Thanks for your reply Pathwalker :)

It's a very light blue with flecks of navy. At first I thought it was blue chalcedony but I'm not sure. I'll try & get a better picture for you :)

PathWalker

Blue - maybe Sodalite or Lapis - if you search for them as 'rough' you'll see lots of iamges, they can be so pale as to be almost white.
It's hard to tell without seeing it IRL, but that could be. It would be a common stone to buy as a small polished piece.

?

PW

PathWalker

Snowflake Obsidian is black though .

Audelia

It's definitely not a snowflake obsidian - it has a blue hue as opposed to black. I'll have a better picture up later this afternoon :)

littlethings

Could it be dumortierite?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 151

FruitLoop

I also thought dumortierite. If not that then a variation of agate :)

PathWalker

That looks a good possibility.