Another reception question.

Sharla

Say you have moon in libra as quesited, and saturn in sagittarius for querent.

So then do you also look for the ruler of libra, and where this planet is situated....and vice versa ?

And if so.....what about if the planet lands in the same house and sign as the querent ?

So quesited is in libra, ruler of libra being venus is placed in sagittarius with the querent, and ruler of sagittarius being jupiter, is in quesiteds house of libra......what does this mean ?

Minderwiz

Say you have moon in libra as quesited, and saturn in sagittarius for querent.

So then do you also look for the ruler of libra, and where this planet is situated....and vice versa ?

And if so.....what about if the planet lands in the same house and sign as the querent ?

So quesited is in libra, ruler of libra being venus is placed in sagittarius with the querent, and ruler of sagittarius being jupiter, is in quesiteds house of libra......what does this mean ?

There are mutual receptions here but without looking at the question and the chart I can't be sure they have any relevance.

If the significators are Moon and Saturn (Caricorn/Cancer = Ascendant/Descendant) if the Moon is applying to Saturn; you have a reception of Moon into Libra by the exaltation ruler (Saturn).

ThenJupiter/Venus mutual reception is only relevant [i,]if[/I] the chart was cast before they began to separate from their sextile and the houses they rule have direct relevance to the question

Sharla

There are mutual receptions here but without looking at the question and the chart I can't be sure they have any relevance.

If the significators are Moon and Saturn (Caricorn/Cancer = Ascendant/Descendant) if the Moon is applying to Saturn; you have a reception of Moon into Libra by the exaltation ruler (Saturn).

ThenJupiter/Venus mutual reception is only relevant [i,]if[/I] the chart was cast before they began to separate from their sextile and the houses they rule have direct relevance to the question

There's no applying aspects between saturn and the moon.....but this was a chart cast in regards to feelings, so didn't think aspects really mattered.

And jupiter and venus had already separated when i cast the chart.

Here's the chart...https://postimg.org/image/n5yc37eu3/

Minderwiz

There's no applying aspects between saturn and the moon.....but this was a chart cast in regards to feelings, so didn't think aspects really mattered.

And jupiter and venus had already separated when i cast the chart.

Here's the chart...https://postimg.org/image/n5yc37eu3/

There's no problem ignoring aspects for feelings ,(as long as the question does not require an action to be perfected) but for Reception an aspect is required and that aspect should be applying, not separating, as with Moon and Saturn in this chart.

The only exception to this rule is Mutual Recetion by Sign, where for the last ,500 years or so the aspect is deemed unnecessary. Receptions mitigate squares or oppositions, especially to malefic and strengthen sextiles and trines to benefics

Sharla

There's no problem ignoring aspects for feelings ,(as long as the question does not require an action to be perfected) but for Reception an aspect is required and that aspect should be applying, not separating, as with Moon and Saturn in this chart.

The only exception to this rule is Mutual Recetion by Sign, where for the last ,500 years or so the aspect is deemed unnecessary. Receptions mitigate squares or oppositions, especially to malefic and strengthen sextiles and trines to benefics

So in this chart, as there is one sided reception of moon receiving saturn in triplicity, exaltation and face, and moon being peregrine, would this show one sided feelings ?

But then as we have the house rulers in each other signs, as they are separating....does this then have little significance ?

Still slightly confused.....sorry Minderwiz.

Minderwiz

So in this chart, as there is one sided reception of moon receiving saturn in triplicity, exaltation and face, and moon being peregrine, would this show one sided feelings ?

But then as we have the house rulers in each other signs, as they are separating....does this then have little significance ?

Still slightly confused.....sorry Minderwiz.

The receiving planet is not the Moon, it would be Saturn, providing that the Moon is applying to it by some major aspect. Reception is based on the ancient principle of hospitality. The aspect could be seen as the Moon turning up and asking Saturn for hospitality in Saturn's exaltation. Saturn now has to do the best he can for the Moon. There is an obligation on Saturn to help the Moon.

Note Saturn is receiving or welcoming the Moon who has done nothing but turn up and ask for hospitality. No aspect simply means that the Moon turns up and has to fend for itself. If it's Peregrine, as the Moon is here, then Saturn may choose to help but there's no obligation and Saturn being Saturn, will probably choose not to.

RohanMenon

The receiving planet is not the Moon, it would be Saturn, providing that the Moon is applying to it by some major aspect.

Minderwiz, would squares and oppositions work too? I ask because these aspects are considered 'harsh' etc. So how does interpretation vary for Moon in Saturn ruled house with a trine to Saturn vs a square to Saturn? Would squares and oppositions mean something like 'hostile reception' of Moon by Saturn?

Minderwiz

Minderwiz, would squares and oppositions work too? I ask because these aspects are considered 'harsh' etc. So how does interpretation vary for Moon in Saturn ruled house with a trine to Saturn vs a square to Saturn? Would squares and oppositions mean something like 'hostile reception' of Moon by Saturn?

Yes! Squares upand. Oppositions are mitigated to an extent. The concept of an enemy extending hospitality and shelter is alien to Western culture these days. Perhaps recognised in principle but avoided in practice. Yet the ancient concept held that you extend hospitality to a traveller. Thus your significator might be in a square to Lord 8. Death threatens, a violent death if it is Mars; probably drowning if it's Saturn. Yet if there is reception the threat of death is mitigated. You may suffer harm but things won't be as bad as they might be; even with Mars or Saturn being the receiver.

RohanMenon

Yes! Squares upand. Oppositions are mitigated to an extent. The concept of an enemy extending hospitality and shelter is alien to Western culture these days. Perhaps recognised in principle but avoided in practice. Yet the ancient concept held that you extend hospitality to a traveller. Thus your significator might be in a square to Lord 8. Death threatens, a violent death if it is Mars; probably drowning if it's Saturn. Yet if there is reception the threat of death is mitigated. You may suffer harm but things won't be as bad as they might be; even with Mars or Saturn being the receiver.

Got it! Thank You!

RohanMenon

Would application across sign boundaries count?

Venus in Capricorn 29 (in 8th house, lord of 12th and 5th), direct. Saturn in 5 degrees Taurus (in 11th House, lord of 8th and 9th), retrograde

Each planet rules the other's sign, obviously

Using moeity Venus would seem to be making an applying square to Saturn, but Venus has to cross into Aquarius to perfect the aspect. (Saturn does not turn direct until after the aspect has perfected, and neither planet makes any other aspects till this square perfects)

Would this be considered reception of Venus by Saturn? If so would this temper the "lords of 8th and 12th squaring each other" bit, which would seem to indicate harsh death/disease/imprisonment etc (among other things?)

Would this be considered mutual reception? (using medieval/ancient definitions?)