Diary of Broken Soul

shadowdancer

Seeing as Ash has now said about the LWB being available, I feel I can add a bit more. I studied/reflected on the image of each card and wrote down what felt 'right' at the time. I was well and truly in a zone, with the script being completed in just 9 days. The task and words flowed seamlessly, and I just went along with it. Incredibly intense but at the same time, very rewarding. Sleep was a little hit and miss, due to the tumbled emotions and words I had fighting to come through over those days and hours. I knew it was something I had to complete though, and I am so glad I did.

In the main the LWB acts as an insight and with a lot of the cards, it may show different directions that are open for when we interpret the image in a reading. The amount of permutations available really did surprise me. I knew the deck had depth but the actual depth was more than I first imagined.

I also pose a lot of questions, and the idea of that is to just give food for thought. I have seen Mark McElroy do this to great effect in his companion book to the Bright Idea deck, and as such it really allowed me to consider aspects of the card which may have otherwise not occurred to me. So, if you see a question, you are encouraged to pause - see if any answer or insight of your own comes wombling in :)

The script is not definitive. Even if it were 1000 pages long, it could never be definitive. I see it as being just the starter for 10 as they say :D
YOUR thoughts, YOUR imagination and YOUR experiences will take each image even further still. And as Ash has rightly pointed out, this deck will be a corker for self analysis or self exploration.

Trust me I will NOT be using it for those questions of "Does J fancy me?" or "Will I get asked out by the end of the year". If I did, the answer would perhaps a little too blunt.... (if that makes sense!)

I do believe Ash is right in what she said in a previous thread. Jahanam citizens would love it if you didn't use any book to start with, and just wrote down your own thoughts as you look through the deck. And if you do get anything, we always have the study group forum for you to record your thoughts. I am hoping in time this deck does have a vibrant study group, whereby it doesn't peter out after a few weeks. By sharing insights this deck will prove to a valid addition to anyone's collection.

Just my two pennyworth :) :) :) oh - if you are not sure as to how the vibe of this deck might resonate, have a read of my poem. Jahanam really does await you and will welcome you in equal measures.

Davina

Curtis Penfold

Man, these images are freaking amazing! I can study these for hours. They're so fresh and yet so real.

LotusSong

After giving this deck a spin with the free online reading (and having my mind blown away), this is certainly a deck I would like to get my hands on one day. I wish I was here as you were making it! This deck is like a wide black-stone lake; you can't tell how deep it is from the shore. However, I don't like your insinuation that worrying about the deck's price means this isn't the kind of deck for you? :confused: I think the Diary of Broken Soul might wind up being my next tarot purchase ('cause I'd hate to let it slip past me and watch it inflate to BG/VR prices once it goes OOP!).

Tansey Ella

Ash
you got my pm and put me on that list.
Jeremy, so nice to see you post and thanks for helping Ash.
Tansey

Wendywu

Yay - I emailed and I'm on the list too. *starts counting pennies feverishly*

sacredashes

Curtis Penfold said:
Man, these images are freaking amazing! I can study these for hours. They're so fresh and yet so real.

Hi Curtis :)

I can vouch for the real part... at least, a lot of the images were inspired by real people. I try to capture the moment and transfer that energy or essence to paper.

Glad you like them :).. at least, I'm glad they don't freak you out :p coz I still worry about that a lot.

sacredashes

LotusSong said:
After giving this deck a spin with the free online reading (and having my mind blown away), this is certainly a deck I would like to get my hands on one day. I wish I was here as you were making it! This deck is like a wide black-stone lake; you can't tell how deep it is from the shore. However, I don't like your insinuation that worrying about the deck's price means this isn't the kind of deck for you? :confused: I think the Diary of Broken Soul might wind up being my next tarot purchase ('cause I'd hate to let it slip past me and watch it inflate to BG/VR prices once it goes OOP!).

:D The price may be the last thing to worry about.. :laugh: I haven't really sold any yet so OOP is a long way off.

I would be more worried about the characters you'll meet in this deck }) They'll take some getting used to. I remember one member of this forum, no names mentioned... who told me the Jahanamians invaded her dreams! :eek: And I tell ya, that got me all panicky coz I had no clue how to stop their invasion. True story...

But they slowly rub off on you and once you get used to them... they're a whole lot of.. I not even sure "fun" is the right word.

I guess what I am trying to say is.. don't put any pressure deciding right away. I think there will be more than enough to go around ;)

sacredashes

Tansey Ella said:
Ash
you got my pm and put me on that list.
Jeremy, so nice to see you post and thanks for helping Ash.
Tansey

LOL.. :heart::heart: yes, Tansey ma'am... I got your PM and I've put you on the list. You too, Wendy. :)

:heart:
Ash

sacredashes

Jeremy... the journey was a whole lot of everything and I am fortunate you were there from the very beginning. Like Tansey said; thanks for helping Ash :laugh: Never thought I'd see you in this part of the woods again...

victoria.star

Davina and Ash,
It is so interesting to read your comments on the Star. (and my timewarp wishes ;) ) When my first husband passed on, I told him I wasn't going to say goodbye, cause I would be seeing him again, and I would know him because I would just look for the brightest star...
I cannot tell you how much Diary of a Broken Soul resonates with me.
And the more I read of the discussion of the deck and creation of the deck, the more in awe I am of the heart and soul you put into it, Ash.
Thank you so much for sharing it. Yay!
:heart:

sacredashes said:
:heart: Thank you.. :) I am glad you like The Diary.

Ash

EtA: The LWB will be available on-line :here: at a later stage; so that those of you who feel you'd like some understanding of the imagery can refer to them. I've found Davina's insights empowering and geared towards self-exploration :) Very much the approach I wanted for this deck..

Special thanks to Davina for sharing her insights and to Jeremy, for putting together the website for me.

Victoria...
About your wish 20+ years ago... I wrote this little prose for the re-designed Star card in the full deck (because Adam's LE has the original Star ;) click:

I made a wish upon a star;
But the star has turned to dust 6 million years ago;
For light to travel through time and space;
Wait a minute....
Did I get the message out too late?

I do get the feeling it matters not one bit. Perhaps 6 millions years from now, someone in another galaxy would look at our star and think the same.

And Davina wrote something to that effect; and I'm quite sure she won't mind me sharing a little bit of it here:

STAR - ‘17’

“Not only is our lady here among the stars she is an exploding star herself. Although she may be many light years away, eventually the emanations of the explosion will be seen far and wide, but by then she would have already turned to dust in the darkness around. We will be seeing what has happened as opposed to what is happening. So when we wish upon a star, are we aware what we wish for may have already occurred? If that is the case, how long is it before we are aware of the signs to show us the reaction has taken place? Sometimes if we wait too long we give up hope and walk away.

It is when we have walked away or turned our backs the sign appears but we have closed yourselves off by then and it passes us by. The universe is there to provide if we hold out hope for long enough. We have to remember we are just a mere dot in the big scheme of things, and that hopes and dreams are being created many light years away.

An immense amount of energy is required to create new life out in the stars, yet we expect to see the fruits of that immediately. A great sacrifice would have been made, yet we take it for granted or as already explained – we walk away. Maybe our lady has come here to remind us that she gives far more of herself than we receive from her…”

I really can't remember if we discussed these ideas while she wrote her thoughts down but they sort of resonate with what you shared. :heart: I enjoyed reading your post and the story you shared about your pack of playing cards.. :)

Ash