Crazed 4 of Pentacles

AmethystEyes

One thing that I always seem to see when I look at the 4 of pents is his eyes. BUT! Just like my red eyes thread, it could be the Universal Waite coloring. Either way, do you think this man really is stable? When I look in his eyes I see a crazed look. Crazy possessive. Mostly the left eye, (our POV)as if he's only half stable. One crazy eye. Like he has a Gollum inside of him :laugh: Maybe I'm reading too much into it? But when I look at him I'm expecting one to to twitch like he's off his rocker. What do you see?

Maskelyne

Somewhere between morose and sullen

Like any card, it's ambiguous enough to to taken as many things, depending on the energy of the moment. It looks to me as though he is looking straight at us with his left eye, but a little upward and stage left with his other. It gives him a different look depending on which half of the face dominates for you.

rwcarter

Interestingly enough, I think the Universal Waite (UW) card looks less crazed than my blue-boxed Rider (BBR) card! The UW figure looks like he's enraptured by the thought/possession of the pentacles. But at least his eyes are clear. The figure in the BBR has red eyes as if he hasn't been able to sleep thinking about the pentacles, how to keep them, how to get more of them, etc. I'd be much more afraid of the BBR figure than the UW one.

The Original Rider Waite (ORW) figure appears to be squinting as if to say, "Don't come any closer! They're mine!"

Looking at the UW card with a magnifying glass, the figure's right eye (the left as we look at the card) is actually a :heart: while the left eye is an oval. That could definitely account for what you're seeing as a crazed look.

Rodney

Corvinus

as far as im concerned he is a little crazed. "touch my money and ill get you" lol

KariRoad

I always remind myself, this 4 of Pentacles fellow is sitting outside and not hiding away in some miser's treasure room. I think he's cute, and rather more looking for a date (with money to burn on a good time) than watchfully wary lest someone make a grab at his cash ;)

4ofPentaclesEYES.jpg

click on link to view