Half an hour reading

NamasteIndia

I have seen tarot reader giving half an hour slot for readings

I am a quickie intuitive reader

Reading for half an hour is done for one spread??? Does the reader go very deep on one card.

For eg if the card is queen of sword and reading is about mother in law do u keep reading about her and telling querent everything about that lady her coldness, harshness

Or its more of counselling, listening and discussing

Tanga

Most professional face-to-face readings where I am - are offered at a half hour or a full hour.
The reader may use one spread the whole time (e.g. large Celtic Cross) - or between 1-3 small ones (e.g. 4 cards each). They may stick to a format - or be completely free-from in the use of their cards.
More than one topic will be discussed. The reading is a blossoming conversation on "Life, the Universe and Everything" - pertaining to why the querent is present.

:) :)

Grizabella

Reading for half an hour is done for one spread??? Does the reader go very deep on one card.

For eg if the card is queen of sword and reading is about mother in law do u keep reading about her and telling querent everything about that lady her coldness, harshness

The Queen of Swords isn't all coldness and harsh treatment of others. She's a very intelligent, cerebral queen and has a lot of other positive traits as well like a loving heart and concern for others. :)

I don't counsel people because I'm not a counselor. Depending on the sitter,
there may be quite a bit of discussion or maybe none to speak of. It just all depends on the person I'm reading for.

earthair

5mins to say hello and put them at ease.
5mins to extract/cajole/format a functional question out of the nervous/undecided sitter.
1min shuffling for them.
1min shuffling for me.
1-2mins of laying the spread and quiet contemplation before opening my mouth.
15mins reading...

Times flies!

SunChariot

I don't think there is any one answer to those questions. Different readers read differently. That is not right or wrong, it's just how things work. Some readers believe Tarot is meant to be counseling. Some don't. Neither is wrong or right really. It is just up to each individual reader to find their beliefs and goals and what works for them.

I don't know a lot about in person readings, as I don't do them. OR spreads because it's been years since I used a spread. But I can tell you that my readings generally take me over half and hour to do. I usually get about 1 1/2 pages per card. And that works out to a normal 3 card reading taking over one hour.

How a reader takes 1/2 hour or longer for a reading depends on the reader. Possibly in an in person reading (although I have next to no experience with them) there is some discussion involved. And that must take some time too. Even discussing at the beginning what you are going to do and how you do it could easily take 5 minutes, I would imagine. As would the querent taking the time to choose the cards. This would all cut into the 1/2 hour, I would imagine.

There is nothing at all wrong with being a quickie intuitive reader. If that is the natural way of reading for you, then that is what is perfect for you as a reader. It's good that you know inside what IS natural for you. That is a good important thing to know and respect.

Possibly the reader does go deeply into each card. As for what to tell the querent, I believe in following my instinct on that. Eg if the card is the Queen of Swords, about the person's mother-in-law, I will keep looking into the card for meaning UNTIL I feel the answer from that card is complete and that particular card has nothing more to say in that reading. I think you just have to FEEL that, its your intuition.

Those are my thoughts....

Babs

ShadyoFayx

Normally I, a semi-professional reader, have half hour to an hour readings. I go very in depth with my readings and my readings have larger spreads. All of my clients seem to really like it, for I am very thorough and in detail with all of my cards.

NamasteIndia

The Queen of Swords isn't all coldness and harsh treatment of others. She's a very intelligent, cerebral queen and has a lot of other positive traits as well like a loving heart and concern for others. :)

I don't counsel people because I'm not a counselor. Depending on the sitter,
there may be quite a bit of discussion or maybe none to speak of. It just all depends on the person I'm reading for.
Many dont even nod
They are not communicating
Its monologue
So i end.up sharing my point and it ends

NamasteIndia

5mins to say hello and put them at ease.
5mins to extract/cajole/format a functional question out of the nervous/undecided sitter.
1min shuffling for them.
1min shuffling for me.
1-2mins of laying the spread and quiet contemplation before opening my mouth.
15mins rea

Times flies!

I offer them a spread
Yes this is how my session flows

NamasteIndia

I don't think there is any one answer to those questions. Different readers read differently. That is not right or wrong, it's just how things work. Some readers believe Tarot is meant to be counseling. Some don't. Neither is wrong or right really. It is just up to each individual reader to find their beliefs and goals and what works for them.

I don't know a lot about in person readings, as I don't do them. OR spreads because it's been years since I used a spread. But I can tell you that my readings generally take me over half and hour to do. I usually get about 1 1/2 pages per card. And that works out to a normal 3 card reading taking over one hour.

How a reader takes 1/2 hour or longer for a reading depends on the reader. Possibly in an in person reading (although I have next to no experience with them) there is some discussion involved. And that must take some time too. Even discussing at the beginning what you are going to do and how you do it could easily take 5 minutes, I would imagine. As would the querent taking the time to choose the cards. This would all cut into the 1/2 hour, I would imagine.

There is nothing at all wrong with being a quickie intuitive reader. If that is the natural way of reading for you, then that is what is perfect for you as a reader. It's good that you know inside what IS natural for you. That is a good important thing to know and respect.

Possibly the reader does go deeply into each card. As for what to tell the querent, I believe in following my instinct on that. Eg if the card is the Queen of Swords, about the person's mother-in-law, I will keep looking into the card for meaning UNTIL I feel the answer from that card is complete and that particular card has nothing more to say in that reading. I think you just have to FEEL that, its your intuition.

Those are my thoughts....

Babs

Keeping on looking at one card for long in face to face reading is difficult

Especially at events

NamasteIndia

Normally I, a semi-professional reader, have half hour to an hour readings. I go very in depth with my readings and my readings have larger spreads. All of my clients seem to really like it, for I am very thorough and in detail with all of my cards.

Can u give a link where i can go through your technique