How much would you pay...

Beanfeasa

I'm curious, are you counting the shipping and customs (if applied) in the prices quoted throughout this thread, or deck only prices.
The most I've ever paid was €71 for pagan Otherworlds, that is including shipping.

gregory

I'm curious, are you counting the shipping and customs (if applied) in the prices quoted throughout this thread, or deck only prices.
The most I've ever paid was €71 for pagan Otherworlds, that is including shipping.
Deck only. My DEATH one was even bought in person, handed into my donor's hands !

Barleywine

The most expensive decks I've bought were those I backed on Kickstarter, in the $50 range. That's my pain threshold for new decks. I'm not a collector in any big way, so pricey OOP decks don't hold much allure for me.

RiverRunsDeep

I was wondering what the most anyone has ever paid for a Tarot Deck

I paid $300 for my Bohemian Gothic Silver Edition deck. The shipping was an additional $10.

When I bought the third edition of the BoGo, I knew it was "the" deck for me. I knew that if the silver edition ever became available, I'd be willing to pay a steep price for it. I love the silver overlay, the artwork, the theme, and I have used it for absolutely everything.....readings, deck study, dream work, ancestor work, etc... I love it. Love it, love it, LOVE it!!!

I have seen threads where the OP asks about "burning house decks" as in, which deck would you grab if the house was on fire? For me, it is hands down the BoGo Silver. Sure, I could have waited until someone offered the deck for a cheaper price, but for those situations you need to be in the right place at the right time, and I never am, so......no regrets about this purchase! It is a personal deck which I only use for myself. I won't even use it for forum exchanges or email readings.

VGimlet

The deck that broke the 100 $ line for me was the 1st edition of the Rock and Roll Tarot, which I payed 118 on e-bay. I remember telling my husband "it was a special thing, I won't usually pay that much for a deck again". Shortly afterward I bought the just-released 2nd edition for 25.00, thinking I would use that one and save my other one. I really connected with the deck. (and the 2nd edition is now worth a fair penny itself...)

I have since paid considerably more for several of my decks, probably the most for an Amerigo Folchi deck, the Felicita, I think. I don't really care if they hold their value or not. But I did get some of them when they were still available for list price or a bit below.

I really only have one deck on my OOP and vintage/antique list now, the original printing of the Knapp-Hall. I keep an eye out, although if one came up in the next 30 days I'd have to pass, LOL.

decan

Reading your posts I think that I could put in my decks a few dollars more :)

Ebony

The most I have paid for a tarot deck was just a few moments ago when I purchased the Starchild Tarot Traditional size edition. I just LOVE the art, its so beautiful and dreamy! It of course isn't a matter of need, but WANT! I have wanted the 2nd edition for some time now but it was sold out, so when I just by chance stopped by their website and saw they have the traditional version on sale, I figured I may as well go for it. I like that it's boarderless. It really makes the art look even more stunning! Yikes its expensive, I normally just get the standard mass-produced decks that are a fraction of the price. I normally wouldn't spend so much, but since I have been waiting for a while I just went for it. I actually also just pre-ordered the sacred creators oracle too, which is also expensive for my usual price range, but since I have been stalking that one for some time as well I figured I may as well go for it. I think the scarcity bias definitely comes into play with my purchases. Just the fact that the Starchild Tarot hasn't been available for a while creates a sense of scarcity, so when it appears the customer just eats it up. Same with the Sacred Creators Oracle, the fact that it sold out and was unavailable makes it all the more appealing to get it when it appears for pre-order. Then also the indication of the Sacred Creators Oracle being a "limited print run" gives me the sense that I may not get a chance to get it in the future if I don't act now, NOW, NOW! But well, I am in the mood for pretty things.

gregory

Interesting. I don't know that I was going to BUY - but I can't see any version on sale there except the Akashic.

Ebony

Interesting. I don't know that I was going to BUY - but I can't see any version on sale there except the Akashic.

Yep, that is it. The akashic version is the second edition of the starchild tarot. I heard the art from the first one was re-worked for the second (and some images replaced). There are some videos on youtube of people who have both editions going through them. They look similar but the akashic version just looks even prettier than the first! It seems some additional layers, colors and details were added to the images that were kept in the 2nd edition. I am just a sucker for pastel easter colors. Those soft pinks and blues really get to me!