Frustrating Querents/Clients

MadeiraDarling

I've had a similar problem recently with a querent keeps asking not quite the same question but keeps mentioning that she "probably should be in therapy but it hasn't done me much good in the past" and asks repeatedly about man problems in a similar way. I charge for readings and so it's not particularly annoying as I am getting paid for my time but I'm genuinely worried I won't be able to help her.

silvereye

A lot of very good advice so far. I think I've only had a client who was like this. The readings were over the Internet and were many years ago. As I recall, I finally had to have a non-reading chat with her about the getting the same readings on the same questions, bringing many up the points that you all have already brought up. I ended by suggesting we do a reading on why she kept asking the same question. If I recall correctly, the reading brought up some insecurities and fears stemming from her past. We go her working on those first before I would do another reading on the original question. It got her past that bump in the road that had her stuck.

Wow that's a great approach. That's almost akin to having her do a therapy session but with Tarot as prompts, what I guess is referred to as "shadow work" nowadays?

Barleywine

The relatives and friends I read for regularly understand how tarot works and will acknowledge that a repeat reading is premature if the same cards come up. In the area of public readings, I have an "on-call" arrangement with my local New Age shop, and haven't had any repeat clients in the last year since I returned to public practice. I did have one man who asked for back-to-back readings because he found that I had the Thoth deck with me and wanted to see whether it would give a different perspective on his situation.