Sabian Symbols: New Moon 21st July 05

Elven

Hi Symbolers

I thought you might be interested in some info on the full moon for July 21 2005. This was posted to me from Lynda Hill from her website blog:

http://sabiansymbols.typepad.com/

Linda said:
July 21, 2005
Explosions Close to Home
Well, Mars the planet of action, motivation and go-get-it has been giving us some interesting experiences as he tramps his way through firey Aries! What a couple of weeks it's been since that last full Moon! Many people are reporting all sorts of effects; feeling something's going to happen, being fed up, the breaking up of relationships, and for some, the high emotions about new ones, etc.

I've heard a lot of people say that they've had trouble relaxing or sleeping. This can make it hard to replenish your adrenals - to feel that one can face the day replenished and being happy and ready to take on life. Still, taking on life is what we're about (no choice really!).

When I wrote up the last new Moon report, I didn't realise how dramatically certain aspects of what I wrote would turn out. Keeping in mind the London attacks, here's what I wrote:

"Those of us who have running water, food on the table every night, a safe place to live and access to good medical treatment should really remember our blessings on this new Moon as more will come as a result.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the few days around this new Moon - I suspect there will be a lot of wrangling and hot heads, not to mention more demonstrations. This new Moon is square Mars which is conjunct the North Node, which means (in English!) emotions are bound to be running high, with anger, charged up events and explosions of one kind or another..."

I wrote this the day before the full Moon, and the following night heard the news on my car radio as I was on my way home that there had been bombing attacks in London. I was very concerned, not only for the people in London, etc, but also for my son, as he was in London (we live in Sydney, Australia) and I knew he was travelling from London to Oxford that morning.

Soon, I heard that he was ok and travelling to Oxford, and he'd got out of the city without a hassle. It was a close call, though, as he was at Kings Cross Station at the exact time of the explosions. Something told him to catch a bus, and not a train, and he walked up the stairs at the train station and bought a bus ticket at 8.59am - the explosions happened at 8.56am, so that was a close call! Luckily, he was spared any harm, didn't see any of the awful scenes that were to follow. Also, just 10 minutes later and he would not have been able to leave London as the streets would have become gridlocked.

He is home now, he arrived back this morning and he has a lot of wonderful tales to tell of a great trip.

This brings me to the last full Moon's Symbol: Cancer 15: A Group of People Who've Overeaten and Enjoyed It... which begs the question: have we counted our blessings? We have so much to be grateful for. Can we see where we've had enough or where we or others can't be expected to get excited or involved as much as they usually could because they've overindulged and now need some time to digest all that's gone on?

Today's full Moon is an interesting one which asks us to stop indulging and to step back and analyse our lives. There's the need to really "see into" what's going on in our lives and in the lives of those around us. This suggest the possibility of rewards from looking outward and looking inward on many levels. It can show a need to be vigilant about what's truly going on in our lives, whilst knowing that rest and repose and time out is so necessary in order to really take in (digest) what's been consumed, observed, experienced, etc.

This full Moon is on Capricorn 29: A Woman Reading Tea Leaves. - the following is from my book 360 Degrees of Wisdom: Charting Your Destiny With the Sabian Oracle, published by Penguin NY (and soon to be published by Sony Japan):

Commentary: ‘A Woman Reading Tea Leaves’ shows someone looking into a cup and being able to see and ‘Read’ signs and meaning in things that most people would never stop to notice or know how to make sense of. The patterns in the cup “speak” to the woman. There’s no way of knowing how good she is at interpreting what she sees: She may be a very experienced reader, with a great depth of clairvoyance or intuition, or she may be trying to see how much she can ‘Read’ into the ‘Tea Leaves’ in a simpler, or experimental way.

Oracle: You may be open to the ability, or the need, for seeing meaning through the catalyst of the simplest of everyday events. It seems clear that you will receive messages about your situation if you are open to “seeing” the signs. The Symbol of the ‘Woman Reading Tea Leaves’ shows that such simple things as the ‘Tea Leaves’ in the bottom of your cup are able to give indicators and clues as to what’s coming up in the future or in your life right now. One has to put aside skepticism and be able to embrace trust and an intuitive knowing in order to be able to listen to the messages that are all around you. Just be aware that this situation doesn’t lead to looking for clues to things everywhere you look. You can lose the gift of enjoyment and spontaneity if there is no discrimination about where, and how often, you look for guidance and answers. Don’t take everything verbatim, as the answers that are given in this situation are often rather symbolic and may need thoughtful interpretation. This may picture a situation where you are able to see these meanings, or it can show that another will perform this for you. Whatever, looking at things from a different perspective can reveal previously hidden information and truths, often in the simple things around you in the everyday world.

Keywords: Symbolism opening pathways to the spiritual center. Seeing the signs. Seeing signatures in small things that others miss. Intuition and clairvoyance. Creative visualization. Tea leaves and coffee grinds. Non verbal cues. Rituals. Tea and sympathy. Fathoming the depths of simple things. Predicting the future. Seeking guidance and changes of fortune.

The Caution: Reliance on superstition or esoteric advice. Constantly seeking assurance. Taking things literally, not symbolically. Looking for answers or significance everywhere. Small rewards for talents that should be more respected.

In tea the host is simplicity and the guest elegance. Matsudaira Naritada

Tea pot is on, the cups are waiting, favorite chairs anticipating. No matter what I have to do, my friend there’s always time for you. And there is no trouble so great and grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea. Bernard-Paul Theroux

Tea is a cup of life. Great-Grandma Jewel

Where there is tea there is hope. Sir Arthur Pinero

The art of tea is a spiritual one for us to share. Alexandra Stoddart

Matrons, who toss the cup and see the grounds of fate in grounds of tea. Alexander Pope

The symbolism of analysing, weighing up and observation of the full moon is backed up by the Sun being at the opposite degree (the Sun and Moon are always exactly opposite each other) on Cancer 29: A Greek Muse Weighing New Born Twins in Golden Scales

Commentary: The ‘Muses’ were Greek deities of the arts and sciences. Artists and scientists alike would invoke the wisdom and inspiration of the 'Muses' before any creative or intellectual work was begun. In Greek mythology there are nine ‘Muses’ that specialize in different aspects of thought and creativity.

Oracle: In the situation facing you, you may be pressed into making judgments and decisions in a creative or intuitive way. As the ‘Greek Muse’ is ‘Weighing New Born Twins’, the elements of your judgment are likely to be, in many ways, very similar. The choices are confusing because they essentially lead to the same result.This situation is probably brand new. It may be that the answer lies in taking an intuitive “punt”, or guess, or perhaps you need to wait for more information for the solutions to become more clear-cut. Either way it is by consulting universal wisdom that you can focus on the best answer. Are you consulting the right ‘Muse’? Are you considering the issue from the best perspective? This is, overall, a very fortunate Symbol – it indicates that your choices are equally beneficial, or at least, equally balanced. Whatever you decide will most likely be a good decision. This Symbol can also indicate a very quick mind that can make decisions very quickly due to a natural mechanism that can be called on.

Keywords: Comparisons and similarities. Weighing things up. The law and lawyers. The Scales of Justice. First communion. The value of new beginnings. Grand gestures. Ceremonies. Looking for subtle aspects. Balances. Using the intuition. Weighing up pros and cons. Hesitating before making decisions. Subtle discriminations of differences. Measured responses. Inspiration. The gift of prophecy. Patrons of the arts. Ponder. Fairness. Equality. Meticulous attention to detail. Evaluations.

The Caution: Expressing judgmental opinions about things that are essentially equal. Being picky. The scales tipped. Everything getting off balance. Constantly weighing things up instead of just accepting them. Not being able to move forward with plans or ideas because of a feeling of being stuck. Excessive arguments for or against. Continual wavering. Being persnickety. Tipping the scales.

Perfection is reached not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away. Antoine de Saint Exupery

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. Anthony Robbins

Jury: Twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer. Robert Frost

He is no lawyer who cannot take two sides. Charles Lamb

The margin is narrow, but the responsibility is clear. John F. Kennedy

The wise weigh their words on a scale with gold. The Bible

Rare is the person who can weigh the faults of others without putting his thumb on the scales. Byron J. Langenfield

Spend time every day listening to what your muse is trying to tell you. Saint Bartholomew

Choice—It is always your next move. Napoleon Hill

Enjoy the delicate balance of these times and this new blue Moon!

Greetings from DownUnder
Lynda

Please post your thoughts about the Symbols or your impressions about this new blue moon! :)

Many Blessings
Elven x

GoddessArtemis

I don't need to wait to see the effects of this new moon. My rather cool head was rather HOT this evening as me and my ex engaged in an ugly fight! Believe me, I tried to resist, but she was being pushy, unreasonable, irrational...and I just lost it. Now, as it seems, we may never talk again.

Thanks, new moon. :(

GA