Sabian Symbols Study Group: Scorpio 14 - #224

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: SCORPIO
Degree: 14
Number: 224

Symbol: TELEPHONE LINESMEN AT WORK INSTALLING NEW CONNECTIONS.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 223.jpg
    223.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 272

purple_scorp

I drew this symbol as my daily card on 4 Sept. It seemed to fit in so well with a dream I had, later that same night.

Firstly, the symbol.

Linesman - new connections. It's about installing new communication technology/equipment so that the current communication methods can be improved (or created, where non at all existed).

So, what is wrong with the old connections? Well, I guess that assumes that the new will replace the old, but what if no connection existed in the first place? Either way, it is giving you an increased opportunity to have contact with people outside of your door.

Lynda says: "......failure in communicating your thoughts, ideas, or emotions lately....."

Hmm, that sounds very frustrating to me. How interesting that we can convey a simple message - only to have it reinterpreted and reapplied according to the values and beliefs of the person receiving the message. Think chinese whispers.

Lyn Birkbeck (in his sabian oracle book) says: ".......requires equal effort from both sides for effective communication......"

And my dream.....well, I was on a rollercoaster, travelling around the bottom level of the ride. It was pretty flat, uneventful. I got off the ride and stood to the side, watching the next lot of passengers leave. This time, the ride took a detour, up to a second level. It went faster and was much more exciting. After the carriage returned to the bottom level, I took a walk up the new route. I looked at the track. It now resembled a series of lines - more like a toy train track. It was curving, lots of figure 8's etc. A group of people (mainly children) followed and they were all waiting for the next rollercoaster to travel this path, to see how it handled on the corners. But, the children had brought toys with them and they now laid strewn about the place. The track was also starting to lift in areas. It was in need of definite repair and cleaning up. So, I set about restoring the track, while everybody else just stood around and watched.

Together, the symbol and the dream......well, something has turned out far more complicated than expected. Many tracks/lines need repair, replacement, or additions. And there is an underlying feeling that it is my responsibility to resolve this "communication" problem.

But, as Lyn says.....it requires equal effort.

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

purple_scorp said:
I drew this symbol as my daily card on 4 Sept. It seemed to fit in so well with a dream I had, later that same night.

Firstly, the symbol.

Linesman - new connections. It's about installing new communication technology/equipment so that the current communication methods can be improved (or created, where non at all existed).

So, what is wrong with the old connections? Well, I guess that assumes that the new will replace the old, but what if no connection existed in the first place? Either way, it is giving you an increased opportunity to have contact with people outside of your door.

Lynda says: "......failure in communicating your thoughts, ideas, or emotions lately....."

Hmm, that sounds very frustrating to me. How interesting that we can convey a simple message - only to have it reinterpreted and reapplied according to the values and beliefs of the person receiving the message. Think chinese whispers.

Lyn Birkbeck (in his sabian oracle book) says: ".......requires equal effort from both sides for effective communication......"

And my dream.....well, I was on a rollercoaster, travelling around the bottom level of the ride. It was pretty flat, uneventful. I got off the ride and stood to the side, watching the next lot of passengers leave. This time, the ride took a detour, up to a second level. It went faster and was much more exciting. After the carriage returned to the bottom level, I took a walk up the new route. I looked at the track. It now resembled a series of lines - more like a toy train track. It was curving, lots of figure 8's etc. A group of people (mainly children) followed and they were all waiting for the next rollercoaster to travel this path, to see how it handled on the corners. But, the children had brought toys with them and they now laid strewn about the place. The track was also starting to lift in areas. It was in need of definite repair and cleaning up. So, I set about restoring the track, while everybody else just stood around and watched.

Together, the symbol and the dream......well, something has turned out far more complicated than expected. Many tracks/lines need repair, replacement, or additions. And there is an underlying feeling that it is my responsibility to resolve this "communication" problem.

But, as Lyn says.....it requires equal effort.

with love
purple_scorp

Interesting dream purple_scorp! You say that you have an underlying feeling that it is your responsibility to resolve this communication problems.....what if we look at the other side the coin....detachment? That you are not responsible for other people's happiness and that you cannot protect them from their own weaknesses?

What if this dream says you have a lot of ideas you'd like to put into action but your own self-doubt and lack of confidence stops you from fulfilling them... What if always picking up after others is a deterrent from your own purpose and goals? Caring for others without your welfare in mind, could also take its toll on your emotions. And....are you to direct your talents and abilities to the welfare of humanity and to work diligently to perfect your special gift?

As far as this symbol....ohh a high risk career...high stakes and impending disasters!!

I think we would find it amazing how much electricity is packed into those telephone wires and poles. The men and women that climb up and down those poles are in someway athletic and to some degree with a muscular and solid frame. They certainly have an affinity for ‘high technology and when combined with a ‘high intelligence’ they are able to assess and understand the moods of those around them. They are possibly possess a great emotional strength that gives them the ability to negotiate and communicate clearly what they want to say. They certainly want to get involved and their not afraid of getting their hands dirty.

These people may have had to overcome disappointments, separations and disruption in their life, living through emotional undercurrents until at some point there is a dangerous buildup of repressed anger. We know when this happens, something going to blow! This is when they know something in their lives definitely needs fixing. And this could be one of their many talents...in communicating and seeing when something can be patched up or when something has reached the end of its once useful life. This of course is not always a pleasant thing to see or do, but the development of new ideas and products is dependent on a deeper examination of the old ones, an incredible talent of duality and of creating unity.

Some people with this symbol may have to rally their reserves of courage and reach out for support from others at some point in their life.

At least that's what I see in this symbol for now...

tink :love:

purple_scorp

tink27 said:
Interesting dream purple_scorp! You say that you have an underlying feeling that it is your responsibility to resolve this communication problems.....what if we look at the other side the coin....detachment? That you are not responsible for other people's happiness and that you cannot protect them from their own weaknesses?

What if this dream says you have a lot of ideas you'd like to put into action but your own self-doubt and lack of confidence stops you from fulfilling them... What if always picking up after others is a deterrent from your own purpose and goals? Caring for others without your welfare in mind, could also take its toll on your emotions. And....are you to direct your talents and abilities to the welfare of humanity and to work diligently to perfect your special gift?
Oh gf, I'm hearing you. :)

I think because I am a 22 (master number/leader) and such an emotionally strong person, I incorrectly assume responsibility for a lot of things in my life.

I forgot to say that my ex-hubby (we split up in 2001) was on that second-level of tracks. He was just swanning around....no help whatsoever in clearing away the toys, or repairing the track. Bit like the marriage, really!

Keigh has just done a SOUL Gathering reading for me and said:

Keigh said:
What do I need to pardon, forgive, release, to gently remove any blocks and help me on my path? Boar - The boar walks through the forest where a discarded helmet and a battle trumpet lie on the ground. The keywords for this card are: "The Warrior Spirit", "Leadership", and "Direction". It would seem to me that you need to forgive or release from yourself the warrior's approach to life. The warrior spirit, to charge in and fight the good fight is not the direction for you to be taking. Battle, challenge, all of these things have had their place in your life, but no longer serve. You need to lay down your weapons, remove your helmet, and walk away. You do not need to lead others at this time in your life, rather, you need to step off the path of the boar and find your own solo path - take a new direction. This seems to indicate the way of the hermit - for this is an internal journey and the weapons of the boar have no place here.
It's time for me to stop picking up wounded birds. I can't help all of them!

Thanks for your thoughts, tink.

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

purple_scorp said:
Oh gf, I'm hearing you. :)

I think because I am a 22 (master number/leader) and such an emotionally strong person, I incorrectly assume responsibility for a lot of things in my life.

I forgot to say that my ex-hubby (we split up in 2001) was on that second-level of tracks. He was just swanning around....no help whatsoever in clearing away the toys, or repairing the track. Bit like the marriage, really!

Keigh has just done a SOUL Gathering reading for me and said:

It's time for me to stop picking up wounded birds. I can't help all of them!

Thanks for your thoughts, tink.

with love
purple_scorp

Hi purple_scorp,

Wow! That's a wonderful reading exchange with Keigh. She's very intuitive and very in sync with you. A wonderful reading for both of you!

22's are very powerful numbers. I know only a couple of people who possess this number and they are very driven, powerful and extremely intuitive!

Thanks purple_scorp, your stories and pictures help us to bring the symbols to life.

Love
tink

MCsea

Sabian Symbol: Telephone linemen at work
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Attachment
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Foreskin
Crystal Element: Copper
Expression: Pure Copper is a valuable metal. Traditionally, Copper is known for its therapeutic and alchemical properties; it also facilitates honest, open communication.
Message: Swift, articulate transmissions of truth and wisdom.
Sun Focus: You facilitate easy communication and networking, reconnecting people and places.
Affirmation: I develop and maintain clear connections.