Pros and Cons Thread #3 - Enabling and De-Enabling

AnemoneRosie

I can't do the preorders; the only way for Canadians to order from usgames is to special order through a store or authorized distributor. Interesting, though - thanks for letting me know!
I might wait for that to come out. I don't yet have any mini decks, and that one, with its sparse imagery, seems like a good option.

Tammanoa

I was wondering if I could get some feedback enabling/de-enabling for the Circo Tarot. It is on sale right now and I'm so tempted! <3

UniversesCollide

Wow, I misread that. I've never heard of this deck. Where is it listed?

Michellehihi

I was wondering if I could get some feedback enabling/de-enabling for the Circo Tarot. It is on sale right now and I'm so tempted! <3

I had it and I couldn't get used to the noses on people's faces (they are litterally triangular); I sold it.

Tammanoa

I had it and I couldn't get used to the noses on people's faces (they are litterally triangular); I sold it.

Thank you! I love this site because of honest feedback like this.

Michellehihi

Thank you! I love this site because of honest feedback like this.

But the person who bought it from me liked it, so it all depends on the feeling you get when the cards are in your hands.

UniversesCollide

Royo Dark Tarot

Lately, the Royo Dark Tarot keeps catching my attention and I'd love to hear some pros and cons for it if anyone has had a chance to use it.

willowy

Lately, the Royo Dark Tarot keeps catching my attention and I'd love to hear some pros and cons for it if anyone has had a chance to use it.

I can enable and de enable with this one as I have it and am in two minds about it.
There are some cards that are very beautiful and really fit with the meaning of the card,the high priestess,two of cups,magicain,ten of cups,the hierophant,seven of swords,ten of swords and the stars for instance.It has a good use of colour,especially the really dark cards complimented with vibrant red.
The downside,sometimes seemingly pointless nudity,nudity doesn't bother me at all,but I like it to have a point and fit with the card,not for it to be,'oh another nude woman stood there..' Some of the images don't seem to fit with standard meanings for them so can be challenging to get,and the booklet is typical Lo sacrebo style,in that you only get 14 pages of english so doesn't help,really should of had its own guidebook.
Its a deck I plan to keep in my collection for artworks sake,but I have to say I can think of alot of decks I prefer over it.

UniversesCollide

I can enable and de enable with this one as I have it and am in two minds about it.
There are some cards that are very beautiful and really fit with the meaning of the card,the high priestess,two of cups,magicain,ten of cups,the hierophant,seven of swords,ten of swords and the stars for instance.It has a good use of colour,especially the really dark cards complimented with vibrant red.
The downside,sometimes seemingly pointless nudity,nudity doesn't bother me at all,but I like it to have a point and fit with the card,not for it to be,'oh another nude woman stood there..' Some of the images don't seem to fit with standard meanings for them so can be challenging to get,and the booklet is typical Lo sacrebo style,in that you only get 14 pages of english so doesn't help,really should of had its own guidebook.
Its a deck I plan to keep in my collection for artworks sake,but I have to say I can think of alot of decks I prefer over it.

Thank you, I wondered about that, if all the cards made sense or if someone just sort of used existing inventory to create a deck and didn't quite nail it for every card. Or, even if it wasn't created that way, would it feel like it. Bummer, I'll take my time on this decision, it's staying off my wishlist for now.

willowy

Thank you, I wondered about that, if all the cards made sense or if someone just sort of used existing inventory to create a deck and didn't quite nail it for every card. Or, even if it wasn't created that way, would it feel like it. Bummer, I'll take my time on this decision, it's staying off my wishlist for now.

Glad I could help,sorry I couldn't be more positive on it,I think taking you're time on it is a good idea,maybe view some youtube vids of it,or see if you can view it in person at a local new age shop.