Mirror Of The Soul 3 Magus?!

MizGrace

I have this set with 80 cards I noticed there are 3 magicians entitled Magus. I couldnt find reasons in the text why there are 3. is the deck even considered Thoth?
I personally love it and find it has quite an unusual aura about it that other decks dont have. Feels as if it has its own personality? feels as if it vibrates an aura out of it? is that strange?

ravenest

Its just an added bonus for you. There were more than 1 version of some of the cards painted and experimented with. It could have been to add a bonus to the pack and use up the whole printing sheet before the cards were cut.

Or we could come up with some fantastic magical reason ;)

Some people select one of the Magus cards to use and take the other two out of the deck.

Its not strange for s tarot deck to feel like that, many people feel the same way.

'Mirror of the soul' is a good name. For me, the 'soul' is that distinctly human function of the imagination that creates multiple reality patterns, extensions and possible scenarios and their solutions that can be mentally visualized and enacted. In some cases it operates through a set of 'themes' that can be reversed, interchanged and rearranged in context with each other.

So we end up with stories, epics, adventures and even life patterns that can have reflection in 'mythological' patterns. Tarot seems to be a type of handbook or 'flash cards' for such 'soul processes' .

hence, it can have a deep resonance with one. In a way, it is the pentacle ( ie. the whole deck is the pentacle ) of the magician.

MizGrace

its nice seeing 3 magus cards I might just read with one. I have so far put them all in the deck and done a self reading that way. so, the deck is classed a thoth but with extras. I need to look at a normal thoth deck and compare. I like the title too :)

EmpyreanKnight

Is this the clamshell set with the Thoth Tarot deck and Ziegler's Tarot: Mirror of the Soul book, published by A G Muller?

MizGrace

the box is plastic 80 cards with a book 3 magus cards. I dont know the term clamshell.
someone is selling one for $200.00 on ebay 1986 Gerd Ziegler.im shocked at the value of it.

Richard

its nice seeing 3 magus cards I might just read with one. I have so far put them all in the deck and done a self reading that way. so, the deck is classed a thoth but with extras. I need to look at a normal thoth deck and compare. I like the title too :)

Your deck is "normal" except that it contains two extra Magus cards which were rejected by Crowley. Finally Harris painted one which was deemed satisfactory. Remove the extra Magus cards and you have a "normal" deck. The only "legitimate" Magus is this one:

Attachments

• realmagus.jpg
    realmagus.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 360

MizGrace

Normal compared to which thoth deck? Little confused which deck of thoth datings the same? Looks exact? 3 magus 1 normal interesting still nice to have extras isn't it. The book is psychologically aimed c Jung it seems its pushed as a psychology tool.

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/image/cw88

EmpyreanKnight

the box is plastic 80 cards with a book 3 magus cards. I dont know the term clamshell.
someone is selling one for $200.00 on ebay 1986 Gerd Ziegler.im shocked at the value of it.

I checked that out. Yup, I basically got the same set, although instead of the plum colored 1986 version I have the later blue version. Mine only has one Magus though.

The Thoth is my main deck too, and it invites superlatives. I think only one of the Magus cards is the official one though. The other two Magus cards are definitely nice to have, but may not be variations Crowley intended his deck's adherents to use.

gregory

Normal compared to which thoth deck? Little confused which deck of thoth datings the same? Looks exact? 3 magus 1 normal interesting still nice to have extras isn't it. The book is psychologically aimed c Jung it seems its pushed as a psychology tool.

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/image/cw88
Normal in terms of the deck Crowley intended to be published - with only that one Magus. The other cards are indeed the same.

Unless you get one of the fun misprints with the Ace Disks upside down - but that's all white box stuff; none of the current ones have that.

MizGrace

upside down cards that would be fun to see, the mirror of soul has a misprint in the book says toth tarot. on one page :) the rest is fine.