Question regarding the large "Greenie" in white Box

photokat

I own 2 of the white "Greenies" ... however I literally didn't notice until now that one was US Games Systems NY (less annyoying green cast) and the other US Games Systems Stamford/ CT (very annoying green cast).

Does anyone know when these were printed?

I swear, my Crowley collection will never stop to surprise me ; )

ZenMusic

photokat said:
I own 2 of the white "Greenies" ... however I literally didn't notice until now that one was US Games Systems NY (less annyoying green cast) and the other US Games Systems Stamford/ CT (very annoying green cast).
Does anyone know when these were printed?
I swear, my Crowley collection will never stop to surprise me ; )
(updated with more details .. thanks to Abrac)
I have about a dozen of the USG white "Greenies" ..
comparing NY // CT it's not consistent... different runs vary..
in the 2 I'm comparing now..

-=-=-=--CT .. LWB says Printing is # 1 1978 (Chariot on cover) -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

in geneal I'd prefer the CT cards faces/colors .. slightly deeper colors and it's not as green (more gray) than later printings..

-=-=-=-NY LWB says Printing #16 1983 (Universe on cover, booklet is waxed (?) what the word for this ) -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

.. seems the greener (especially on the border, but not on every cards)

the cards feel different .. the NY backs are nicer .. have the slightest better resolution.. but they feel (only the backs) more like paper.. less coating...

I'll pull out more to compare..

-=-=-=-=-NY LWB Printing #5 1983 (Universe on cover, different paper only booket) -=-=-=-=-=-==-=-

green tink, but some cards have better color depth

....comparing them to some pictures of the original paintings.. and now they all look rather poor.. they dont' have the shading detail..
((looking at the most recent Belgium printing .. these are better of course.. closer))
especially on the Hierophant.. those folds in the robe are very smooth in the picture.. and the Universe.. has more shades of blue in the circle
much subtlety is lost in the greenies..

ZenMusic

also.. if any one is interested.. i have several each of the 1969...
comparing now:

-=-=-=-=-= 1969 Samuel Weiser USA " White Box A"

the Gold Lettering on the Llewellyn (hong kong) box .. is much cooler than the black Weiser)

-=-=-=-=-=-= 1969 LLewellyn Hong Kong "White Box B"

Weiser USA ... Cards.. are consistently better color and clariety to me..

Abrac

The NY one is going to be approximately 1978-85. Does it have a LWB? There should be printing numbers in it 5 4 3 2 1 for example. The low number, one in this case, tells you what printing you have. That will help you narrow it down. The Stamford, CT one will be 1985 up until they stopped printing them and I'm not exactly sure when that was.

I used to have a first print greenie and the cast was very different from my other one with a CT address. It looked gray unless you held it next to something that was truly gray then you could see the green.