platonic relationship?

Pyroxene

Hello,

I tried to take a very old, close friendship to the next level and it backfired and turned very awkward, even though I was sure, judging by the signs he was giving me, that's where it was heading. I asked the cards what went wrong, and I got (I always pull 3): The heirophant, the 3 of pents and the king of pents.

This doesn't make any sense to me, no terrible cards or anything (tower, 3 of swords) indicating he doesn't like me or it was a complete disaster. I was wondering if anyone would care to help me in my interpretation?

Heirophant: I hardly ever get this card, its' not one which appears often at all. I presume it means something of religious significance, but neither of us is religious (we were watching a historical show about religion though?), so all I can figure is that it means he wants a friendship and that's all.

3 of pents: This is my card, it almost always signifies me. If this is the case, then it was my fault.

King of pents: I see the kop as a serious, business like person. My friend here is actually quite poor, but is slightly obsessed with money. I don't see the fact that he has no money to be a problem if we were to have a more serious relationship, but he complains about it all the time. Maybe this is what it's saying, or maybe it's saying that he wants to be friends because the kop is proffessional and serious.

Can anyone help me here?

Love Py

The Divine Ms T

From his perspective, do you make good money? Are you well off or successful in your own right (King of Pentacles)? If so, maybe he is hesitating with you because he thinks he doesn’t have enough to offer. I’ve known men that will not commit/get involved for this reason.

Pyroxene

From his perspective, do you make good money? Are you well off or successful in your own right (King of Pentacles)? If so, maybe he is hesitating with you because he thinks he doesn’t have enough to offer. I’ve known men that will not commit/get involved for this reason.

I'm currently being paid by a company to study a post graduate degree, and have worked with this company and others, and for my age I'm quite well off, but money isn't important to me and I don't spend it much on the account of being something of an environmentalist (I walk most places, wear basic clothes, eat and live simply and cheaply etc). I suppose I could represent the kop (I have black hair and olive skin, I am from a farming family and are connected with the earth on a number of levels, I'm laid back etc), I hadn't thought of that.

He is currently unemployed and has failed many times with his course he's studying (which I also dabble in on the side and have made money from as a hobby), which won't lead to a career. His family live elsewhere and are very wealthy, but he's not. I'm not interested in money and couldn't care what his family did. A mutual friend has told me that he thinks what you've mentioned above, that he thinks he has nothing to offer, is correct, as this guy is very conservative in a lot of aspects.

Thanks for your insight, Ms T, very helpful!

Pyroxene

I just realised that this shoudl be in the 'readings' forum, not this one which is about spreads! Very sorry!