Tree Tarot (In Progress)

Moonboy

I love the idea and the artwork is outstanding!

Best of luck in it's completion and future publication!

~moonboy~

Sidhe-Ra

Soory, I meant Pentacles when I said earth! I tend to think of the suits in terms of their elements.

Well, cups aren't associated with Earth, they are associated with water, the West and Autumn, Pentacles are associated with Winter, Earth and the direction of North- at least in the Celtic and Golden Dawn magickal traditions, and in most (golden Dawn based) Tarot as far as I know.

Cups are associated with the west and Autumn, as this is traditionally the season of descent into the underworld and the subconcious, represented by water- it all works! That's why its been the magickal association for so long. Likewise Pentacles are long associated with earth, north and Winter.

If you have strong reasons for changing things around, then great, but water in winter turns to Ice, and does not flow, changing its qualities and thus the meaning of the cards...

At any rate, your work is very beautiful indeed :)

Blessings,

Em xx

Sidhe-Ra

adriayna said:
Yes, indeed the idea for the deck does. I have a close spiritual connection to trees, and so I saw it as the perfect theme for my divinations.

REALLY? I had no idea. I'll stick a watermark on them or something. They aren't very high resolution scans, so I doubt anyone would be able to print off of them. But thank you so much for the heads up!

Well, what happened to me was that someone went ahead and printed themselves off a copy from the small res scans, which meant they went about using a very fuzzy copy of the Tarot of the Sidhe in public, which gives my work a bad name...saying that, i still tend to post everything I do anyway. What the heck!

A watermark is not a bad idea.

Em xx

SaintOfScreams

I really enjoy this tarot. I enjoy the colors and the personas given by the trees. They are very comforting.

Strange2

These are wonderful, Adryiana! I love trees, and spent a lot of time as a youngster climbing and playing and reading in them, then as I got older meditating under their protection and wisdom. Looking forward to seeing your deck branch out!

adriayna

Sidhe-Ra said:
Soory, I meant Pentacles when I said earth! I tend to think of the suits in terms of their elements.

Well, cups aren't associated with Earth, they are associated with water, the West and Autumn, Pentacles are associated with Winter, Earth and the direction of North- at least in the Celtic and Golden Dawn magickal traditions, and in most (golden Dawn based) Tarot as far as I know.

Cups are associated with the west and Autumn, as this is traditionally the season of descent into the underworld and the subconcious, represented by water- it all works! That's why its been the magickal association for so long. Likewise Pentacles are long associated with earth, north and Winter.

If you have strong reasons for changing things around, then great, but water in winter turns to Ice, and does not flow, changing its qualities and thus the meaning of the cards...

At any rate, your work is very beautiful indeed :)

Blessings,

Em xx

Ah, got it. That makes a lot of sense. I'll dwell on it some and let you know what I decide! :)

adriayna

Updates to Tree Tarot - Major ARCANA FINISHED!

I've posted the last three cards to my blog:

http://artisticjourneys.blogspot.com/

This includes Judgement, Death, and the Star. I've also revised the Devil card and posted an example of what I am going to do with the borders....please take a look! :)

thorhammer

Thankyou, adriayna! Beautiful, just lovely! Is it too much to ask that you're working on the Minors? :laugh:

I do like the border, I'm just a bit concerned that the purple might be a bit garish beside some of the cards including a lot of red and orange? Or are the borders going to be different colours on different cards? I think it's tastefully done, minimal-like. I'm not a border fan, although I see the necessity of them.

Keep us informed of the progress and potential availability - this one's a keeper! :heart:

\m/ Kat

karen0205

Hi adriayna,
Trees are such a fun subject. I love the swirls of the trees in the moon card. I think your cards are great. They would be fun to read with, the meaning is there but not in the traditional illustrations. Will you include some animals in with the trees in the minors? You could do a lot with the squirrels, birds, bunnies, etc. and help them illustrate the meanings with the trees. I can't wait. I have a tree oracle but it just seems really kind of flat. These are very exciting and show movement and life. Nice choice of colors too. Nice and colorful without being shocking. Sometimes the colors take away from the images they are sold bold but these are very nice. I personally like cards without borders too. I think it allows for a larger image and allows the cards to lay next to each other and tell a story without the block of a border in between the cards. I look forward to seeing the rest of the deck as you work on it.

Where are you in Indiana? I'm in Illinois just across the border up by Dyer and Merillville.

Karen