The Best Thoth Deck

Tanga

I have the med. sized version but I'd like to have a trimmed version. Would the large cards be best for that? Trying to get a feel for size post-trim. Would they then be standard-sized Tarot cards? It feels like the med. sized cards would result in a much smaller deck.

I would so love a large green deck - *slaps her TOADies wrist*...
:) Presently, here's the best photo I can find of my trimmed standard size...
now... where did the proper "before and after" ones go...? :

Attachments

• Donkey5.JPG
    Donkey5.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 949

herself

This is my favorite -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/386826504X

It's the Urania-Verlag in the nice gold box with the High Priestess on the top. The titles are in German which I don't mind. There's a Unicursal Hexagram card (orange with a red flower, on black background) and an OTO card. Borders are pale gray and unobtrusive. The backs are unbordered which is really nice. And the size feels small even though they're called standard (they're about 4 inches by about 2 and 3/4 - the dimensions given by Amazon are a tad off).

The colors are exquisite imo. They remind me of the beautiful watercolor paintings in high-quality childrens' books from my childhood, the ones that are printed separately on quality paper and then tipped in. If that makes sense.

Oh dear, and here I was, thinking I didn't *need* another Thoth! Are there any shots/posts of the cards themselves anywhere?

Maskelyne

I just got a gold-boxed AGM Thoth,and for the most part I think I prefer the purple-boxed U.S. Games edition. Maybe this one is from a bad print run, but the lines are not as sharp and some of the colors, greens in particular, look muddy.

Attachments

• Thoth comparison - fool.jpg
    Thoth comparison - fool.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 965
  • Thoth comparison - sorrowl.jpg
    Thoth comparison - sorrowl.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 900
  • Thoth comparison - princess of disks.jpg
    Thoth comparison - princess of disks.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 869
  • Thoth comparison - lovers.jpg
    Thoth comparison - lovers.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 876

IHeartRescues

I just got a gold-boxed AGM Thoth,and for the most part I think I prefer the purple-boxed U.S. Games edition. Maybe this one is from a bad print run, but the lines are not as sharp and some of the colors, greens in particular, look muddy.

I have the AGM gold box which i bought just last year and
the colors are deep and rich, the greens are good!... based on the cards you posted above, tho I can't tell if the lines are better or not. I looks like a couple of the scans may have bleached the color (in the scans I mean) ??
Sorry I can't scan mine. But for study I have the newer largest cards (2006) in the green box, tho the cardstock is thinner than the oriiginal "greenies", the colors really pop for clarity.

page of ghosts

Ack, seems I didn't research as well as I had thought and I'm awaiting the medium size in the purple box that someone isbn-ed earlier in the thread - I wanted the big one so I could see the pictures better (and maybe trim it). I still hope it's gonna be good though!