Round 2: AT Patchwork Deck Creation

cardlady22

gregory said:
King. He's more "different" than the HM is, IMHO.
I like the fact that he appears to be out in nature which brings in the new venture aspect, rather than sitting on a throne. Not overdone in his dress, etc.

gregory

And HMs quite often ARE - I even did one myself that way ! I think that MAY have biased me ;) But still - it makes a change (King !)

cardlady22

questions

Lillie said:
Did I say I have most of a 1JJ Swiss?

All the minors and courts, some of the majors.
All of the Aces are still unassigned. Do you have a fave from this deck?

hippiewitchie said:
I have a broken up Aquarian if you're interested. I'll have to double check which cards I have.
How about you? I love the Ace of Swords or Rods here . . .

cardlady22

baba-prague said:
I can fill in from most of our decks - we keep spares. But I'd have to look at what we have plenty of spares of (some we are out of or running low on). We may even have some Gold and Silver spares if those are of interest.
I think it would be fitting for the Magician to be a Magic Realist Press deck. And, it looks like Cups and Swords are the least represented for the moment.

Solandia

I have a Hoi Polloi that is lacking three cards - I'm sure it won't miss a fourth one! I'd like to donate the Ace of Cups if I can.

~ Solandia

rwcarter

I have a red (orange?) de Laurence that's missing the 3 Pentacles and have had no luck in securing a replacement, so I have 77 other cards from that deck I can offer up.

I also have a gold-bottomed 1JJ Swiss that's missing the 8 Swords, Ace Batons, 6 Batons and Fool, so I have 74 other cards from that I can offer up.

I also have a duplicate Eastern Emperor from Brian Williams' Minchiate to offer up.

(I'm completely lost by the first post though, so if cards from these decks aren't needed, no harm, no foul.)

Rodney

Oddity

cardlady22 said:
Oddity, would you mind if we switched out your Cosmic for Wendywu's Sweet Twilight - 4 of Swords? I'll come up with another card from it- perhaps the Wheel instead?
Any way you like to put the puzzle pieces together is fine, cardlady – the Wheel is lovely.

And reminding you that I have a bunch of Oysters, Flamingos, Hats and Peppermills from the Wonderland Tarot. I haven't checked which ones exactly, but it must be at least forty cards. In case some hole needs to be patched later.

Oddity

Other cards from the Cosmic that I have:

Justice (8)
Judgement
Prince (=Knight) of Wands
King of Swords
Nine of Pentacles

These are the best ones – they are used and so a bit yellow at the edges from age and wear, but OK.

ETA: Whoopsie, found more Cosmic cards! (I need to clean this place up, I keep finding stuff I didn't even know I had)

Adding:

Eight of Swords
Eight of Pentacles
Seven of Cups
Ace of Wands
Five of Swords
Five of Wands

Yellowed edges, all of them, like the rest from the same deck.

BlueDragonfly

I've started working on the back of the bag. It'll be the same style, but will be an inch larger, in an effort to accomodate some of the larger cards. The front is where I'll be placing the donated fabric pieces.

Anyone who would like to participate by adding a fabric patch to the bag, please PM me.

cardlady22

Solandia's card has been added! :party:

rwcarter, I'm noting your de Laurence for as we get more down to the wire. Marked your Brian Williams Eastern Emperor! Brides are known for erratic/eccentric behavior, yes? :p

Glad to see you both!

ETA: Does a gold-bottomed 1JJ Swiss count as another deck the way the RWS variants do? (deferring to my betters)
And for the Arcus Arcanum - does a Russian edition preclude an English/German, etc?