Keywords

AmethystEyes

Do the words on the (most) cards, on the top, the keywords. Do they distract/bother anyone else. Sometimes I feel like I'm drawn to that because the words stand out when I pull the card. I want to cut them off! Obviously this is in reference to intuitive use.

cardlady22

I don't mind single keywords because I just skim through my synonym finder until I find what feels better/right.

I have more trouble with "key titles" like lady of the maroon doorstep. (totally made up example)

angryrainclouds

sometimes when ive just bought a deck they help me remeber what ive learnt from the guidebook but once ive settled into the deck i find them a bit distracting. its usually okay, as long as the writting isnt too big.

Cat*

I have one word for you: Trimming! :D

(That said, now I want an oracle that has a Lady of the Maroon Doorstep! ;))

cardlady22

Stop it! You just put an Uncontrollable Urge in my head for using all those paint colour sample cards . . .
((:)heart:)))

AmethystEyes

Cat* said:
I have one word for you: Trimming! :D

(That said, now I want an oracle that has a Lady of the Maroon Doorstep! ;))
I don't want to :\ Plus then it cuts off its title, which I don't mind.

zannamarie

From an intuitive standpoint, if I notice the keyword or title, that's the message!

If I don't notice it (although I obviously see and know it's there), then the keyword is not relative to the question at hand.

I personally don't consider words on a card to be a distraction. If I ask the Universe for a message then pull a card, I trust the Universe will make the message most prominent on the card for me. Sometimes the message is the keyword while other times the message is somewhere in the image or something about the whole card which triggers a memory for me and the memory contains the message.