Kipper discussion in general

Genna

I've been following Ciro Marchetti's deck development for some time, and seem to recall that there would be no more mass-market decks with gilded edges. But when I was searching for the Fin de Siecle Kipper on Amazon today, it says this is a gilded deck. True?

I went to Ciro Marchetti´s site and ordered his deck on the terms mentioned there and got my deck with silver edges. This was in the beginning-middle of December. I don´t think there ever was a gilded deck.
Love and Light, Genna.

Genna

Now, at last, I have all three; charmingly old-time Original KipperKarten, Mystical Lenormand by Regula Elizabeth
Fierchter and Urban Trösch, and the elegant Fin de Siècle Kippercards by Ciro Marchetti, and right now Mystical Kipper is my favourite. It is warm, full of expression and interesting details and there are animals on all cards like in Mystical Lenormand; I admire this style. I have not read for more than about a month with any of them, so I´m a newbie, but they are very charming; all three decks. I´m going to use them all.
I also find them accurate, so far. I did a GT with Mystical Kipper, and it was very accurate.

Love and Light, Genna.

Barleywine

I went to Ciro Marchetti´s site and ordered his deck on the terms mentioned there and got a deck with silver edges. This was in the beginning-middle of December. I might be wrong, but I don´t think there ever was a gilded deck.

Love and Light, Genna.

I think Amazon misunderstands what "gilded" means. They should have said "silvered."

Padma

Now, at last, I have all three; charmingly old-time Original KipperKarten, Mystical Lenormand by Regula Elizabeth
Fierchter and Urban Trösch, and the elegant Fin de Siècle Kippercards by Ciro Marchetti, and right now Mystical Kipper is my favourite. It is warm, full of expression and interesting details and there are animals on all cards like in Mystical Lenormand; I admire this style. I have not read for more than about a month with any of them, so I´m a newbie, but they are very charming; all three decks. I´m going to use them all.
I also find them accurate, so far. I did a GT with Mystical Kipper, and it was very accurate.

Love and Light, Genna.

I have all three decks as well, and also prefer the Mystical. It's quirky, so that suits me ;) They all read well, though, and so far, all accurate. I have yet to do a GT - last one I did with the Kipper was last March. I'll have to try it again. I did learn them to an extent, last year, but then had put them aside for the Lennies again (I keep going back to those). So I will apply myself a bit more with the Kippers.

Padma

I think Amazon misunderstands what "gilded" means. They should have said "silvered."

:laugh: I think they believe the word "gilding" applies to any metallic finish. I ordered mine from Book Depository, and it also has silver edges. Bright, shiny silver.

Genna

I have all three decks as well, and also prefer the Mystical. It's quirky, so that suits me ;) They all read well, though, and so far, all accurate. I have yet to do a GT - last one I did with the Kipper was last March. I'll have to try it again. I did learn them to an extent, last year, but then had put them aside for the Lennies again (I keep going back to those). So I will apply myself a bit more with the Kippers.

Hi Padma! I agree that I find all the Kipperdecks equally accurate, and that I love both Lenormand and Kipper (I´m very new to Lenormand too), but Kippercards are a little more new to me. I find them of course very new to read, but this last GT sort of opened a door.
I mean to study them this year too, and I hope to get better with them.
Welcome here on the Kipper threads.
Love and Light, Genna

purple_scorp

I have both of Ciro's decks Gilded Reverie and the Kipper. I also purchased the Gilded Reverie reading cloth from Ciro, and have read using the Kipper cards on the Gilded Reverie cloth (using the cloth to determine houses to slightly flavour the Kipper card meaning). It works well. I see no reason why you couldn't just lay one deck down as the reading cloth, so to speak (actually I think I read somewhere, or watched a Youtube (maybe Not Fortune's Fool) of this.

I also want to purchase the Kipper Reading cloth but live in Australia and the dollar's not so hot at the moment. So, I might wait for a bit.

In the meantime, I was thinking that I could create a graphic in Photoshop or Illustrator and place the Kipper cards in grand tableau house order. Then, I could use the graphic as a background in Orphalese and then I could manually deal out either deck on top. Though, maybe I should just set the grand tableau up as the spread (so I can put the house notes in the position notes field)...hmm....thinking, thinking. Maybe I'll do both.

Barleywine

I see no reason why you couldn't just lay one deck down as the reading cloth, so to speak (actually I think I read somewhere, or watched a Youtube (maybe Not Fortune's Fool) of this.

In the meantime, I was thinking that I could create a graphic in Photoshop or Illustrator and place the Kipper cards in grand tableau house order. Then, I could use the graphic as a background in Orphalese and then I could manually deal out either deck on top. Though, maybe I should just set the grand tableau up as the spread (so I can put the house notes in the position notes field)...hmm....thinking, thinking. Maybe I'll do both.

I use Laura Tuan's large Lenormand Oracle for GT houses because the card numbers stick out over the upper edge of any smaller cards I place on top (I still haven't memorized all of the house positions). Since it seems the Fin de Siecle Kipper cards are the same size as the Gilded Reverie, the same approach should work if I combine the decks for reading in some way. I intend to create a spread cloth with large house "fields" since the one's I've seen on sale won't meet my need. The main disadvantage of using cards for houses is you have to lay them out every time, so I've been thinking of creating a board with plastic pockets that I could slip the larger cards into and just leave them there, since I don't use them for reading. When I travel I can just switch back to the other way.

purple_scorp

I use Laura Tuan's large Lenormand Oracle for GT houses because the card numbers stick out over the upper edge of any smaller cards I place on top (I still haven't memorized all of the house positions). Since it seems the Fin de Siecle Kipper cards are the same size as the Gilded Reverie, the same approach should work if I combine the decks for reading in some way. I intend to create a spread cloth with large house "fields" since the one's I've seen on sale won't meet my need. The main disadvantage of using cards for houses is you have to lay them out every time, so I've been thinking of creating a board with plastic pockets that I could slip the larger cards into and just leave them there, since I don't use them for reading. When I travel I can just switch back to the other way.

That sounds like a cool, marketing idea for you Barleywine. (A cloth would roll/fold easier though.) Why don't you just use Orphalese and take a laptop with you instead? How about a magnetic board? I saw another guy on YouTube doing that. I think it was good for him, because he could put the board upright for filming. He may have even used a whiteboard.

Your reading chart, kind of reminds me of what I did, many years ago, when I first learnt to read with Le Normand, I created a giant spreadsheet with 36 rows by 36 columns. I had the card combination notes in the intersecting cells. I think when I printed it, it came to twelve x A4 size sheets. I sticky-taped them together, put them back to back, and then laminated the master sheet. it was like a ready reckoner. Really helped.

Barleywine

That sounds like a cool, marketing idea for you Barleywine. (A cloth would roll/fold easier though.) Why don't you just use Orphalese and take a laptop with you instead? How about a magnetic board? I saw another guy on YouTube doing that. I think it was good for him, because he could put the board upright for filming. He may have even used a whiteboard.

Your reading chart, kind of reminds me of what I did, many years ago, when I first learnt to read with Le Normand, I created a giant spreadsheet with 36 rows by 36 columns. I had the card combination notes in the intersecting cells. I think when I printed it, it came to twelve x A4 size sheets. I sticky-taped them together, put them back to back, and then laminated the master sheet. it was like a ready reckoner. Really helped.

A magnetic board is a good idea, and Home Depot sells little flat magnets that would hold the cards in place. A 3' x 3' board would fit all of the Lenormand Oracle cards and still be easy enough to stick somewhere out-of-the-way. I also have Ciro's pdf showing the GT 8x8x4 house layout (not the spread cloth since it wouldn't work as well for my purpose) and could just print it and keep it on the side as a reference. I have Orphalese 10 but haven't registered it yet to allow me to put in my own decks. Does it support Lenormand?