Recommendations for good oracles for personal introspection

Le Fanu

Just throwing it out there - more abstract and introspective and one of my favourites - John Matthew's Shaman's Oracle. Cave art but ultimately rather abstract.

It has all of the criteria you mention (except it has 52 cards).

Cards standard / squarish size.

daphne

If it had fewer cards I would have said the Symbolon in the new pocket sized version, beautiful art snd amazing colours, and a joy to shuffle in the new dinky version!

Failing that, maybe the psycards?

:) :) :)

Symbolon pocket? Is this a new edition? I thought it was oop.

avalonian

Symbolon pocket? Is this a new edition? I thought it was oop.

Yes, it is new(ish). Copyright in the LWB is 1994/2014. I found mine in the Astrology shop in Covent Garden, ISBN is 978-3-03819-402-6. The booklet is in English and the deck is absolutely beautiful, I prefer it to the full sized one.

Dark Victory '39

i love the medicine cards (sams/ carson). am v. married to the book. I don't know if this is relevant or quite how to say it, but i dont think of myself as a person who would be terribly drawn to that type of thing, yet i've used it for years and find it stable and w/ a lot of depth.

ana luisa

I-Ching Holitzka. One of my favorite decks of all times. I know you mentioned not black and white but it is so intense you forget this detail. :) Besides, the little

Attachments

• I_Ching_Holitzka.jpg
    I_Ching_Holitzka.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 110

DesertDream

I third on the soul card decks i love them. Also on another oracle called blessings from the heart of the rose. 44 cards. Positive but not fluffy bunny. And they cut to the heart of the situation. Images are very complex and introspective and meditative. The language is very new age lyrical poetic subconscious but the info is grounded at the same time and deep. Because the interpretations are so poetic it allows i think intuitive thoughts and insights. The feel of the deck is very feminine. The deck youd like to have with tea and scones while deeply transversing other worlds of thought. Images are mandala like with layers of meaning and speak to the soul easily as it speaks a sort of soul language. I like them a lot and mostly pull them out when im sober not so much in the physical but in the otherworld and we (deck and I) speak the same language.

ana luisa

Just remembered another oracle that is VERY good for uplifting messages and advice - the Tree Affirmation Cards. A true gem. Here's some samples. Each card is explained in detail in the booklet that comes with the deck. And all the paintings were done of existing trees and their stories.

Attachments

• TAoak_0002.jpg
    TAoak_0002.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 111
  • TAelderfl_0002.jpg
    TAelderfl_0002.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 115
  • chestnutcard.jpg
    chestnutcard.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 110

bud

If it had fewer cards I would have said the Symbolon in the new pocket sized version, beautiful art snd amazing colours, and a joy to shuffle in the new dinky version!

Failing that, maybe the psycards?

My first reaction was the Symbolon, but my reservation would be the number of cards and the art work not being "contemporary." But, wow, it's been a learning deck for me! Really cuts straight to the marrow.

Cards by my good friend. The cards are borderless and there is no text on the front. On the back is a word or two, sometimes a pithy phrase suggestive of the card...breathe through your whole body, feel yourself as a river...that kind of thing.

BodhiSeed, I think you might actually enjoy these as well.

Thank you for this link! I am loving Asha's work and will add this to my wish list.