The Power of Tarot Cards-My personal experience

Rediska

Hello all,

I am hoping this is in the right category. Don't want to get yelled at. I thought this would be a nice and interesting mini story to share with you guys. I am fairly new to tarot so I've been practicing quite often. A long time ago, I did a past, present and future spread with this fellow I like but regarding feelings and thoughts and I didn't know how to interpret it. Mind you, I had done two different spreads. Anywho, I went to Yahoo Answers to get someone to interpret it (they do a great job over there). Well, after I posted my question i realized my spread was inaccurate as I put the wrong card names for some of them and I couldn't go back and edit. I am sure I confused a hell of a lot of people. Well, a few days passed and I didn't check the site because my spread was terrible and inaccurate due to me not being mindful. So I see this guy a few days later (the guy I liked). I did another reading that was past, present and future. However, this time I did not go and ask for an interpretation. The cards were Empress RX, Knight of Cups and Six of Swords. So, I checked Yahoo Answers just for the heck of it to see what someone said on the old spread. And guess what? Someone did answer it and instead of interpreting my original spread, he did one of his own for me without me asking (quite nice of him). And guess what again? we got the SAME exact results in the SAME exact positions. I never told anyone on that site what my new results were so there was no way this guy could've guessed or found out. Interesting and scary at the same time

RiverRunsDeep

Love it! Amazing, but not scary, as this must be a message you really
needed to receive.

AnemoneRosie

I agree - not scary. It's just a Thing that the Tarot seems to do. It'll keep giving the message until you get it (or until it gives up and gets cheeky and cranky and sometimes sarcastic).
For instance, I went through a spell earlier this year where not only was I drawing Strength for myself on a regular basis, but anyone who read for me would have Strength turn up as well. Then I moved on the Queen of Swords, and again, she was turning up all over the place.
It has its ways of grabbing your attention and hammering the message home. But it doesn't need to be scary. It just is what it is.

Rediska

I agree - not scary. It's just a Thing that the Tarot seems to do. It'll keep giving the message until you get it (or until it gives up and gets cheeky and cranky and sometimes sarcastic).
For instance, I went through a spell earlier this year where not only was I drawing Strength for myself on a regular basis, but anyone who read for me would have Strength turn up as well. Then I moved on the Queen of Swords, and again, she was turning up all over the place.
It has its ways of grabbing your attention and hammering the message home. But it doesn't need to be scary. It just is what it is.

LOL, it can get cranky and sarcastic? For me it is scary because I am fairly new to the world of tarot. For you, you got one card keep popping up. For me, all the same exact cards came up in the same position.

Rediska

Love it! Amazing, but not scary, as this must be a message you really
needed to receive.

Perhaps, yes. Too bad the guy in question is no longer in knight of cups mode lol

Ica'rus

LOL, it can get cranky and sarcastic? For me it is scary because I am fairly new to the world of tarot. For you, you got one card keep popping up. For me, all the same exact cards came up in the same position.

You will find everyone has an opinion about the cards. Some feel they have a life of their own, while others view it just as an extension of their inner spirit/self, or just a deck of cards. No one is wrong, but your mindset obviously changes how you view the cards.

The great thing about Tarot cards is the only way they could hurt you is a paper cut :) Nothing else to fear about them. The cards reveal things that might be scary though. The first time I ever used Tarot cards was in the middle of the most disastrous day of my life. I pulled the Tower and the Wheel of Fortune Reversed. I think the cards were attempting to smack me in the face so hard that I'd believe them.

Other than that I FREQUENTLY get cards that show up over and over again. For a long while the King of Pentacles popped up everyone. It even popped up when I was talking with a friend and she pulled a few cards for a spread (given the context, it was definitely a jab at me lol). I often pull a card for a spread 1 time, and the next shuffle they will appear as the shadow card. Stuff like that.. It unnerves me at times lol.

LindaMechele

I love that story, Rediska. The cards definitely wanted you to get that message! Just don't do what I did - let it spook you enough to put the cards down.

Shortly after I bought my first cards twenty-plus years ago, I was reading for a friend of a friend. "It was a dark and stormy night", literally, with just me and her sitting on her guest room bed. She asked the usual, "Is this new guy I'm dating The One?" I was perplexed because the cards kept talking about a dark (haired?) friend of the family that had done something to her a long time ago. It was a secret and she had to deal with that or she would never have a happy and healthy relationship with any man.

When I first said that to her, her face went blank and she got another glass of wine while I kept looking for any sign of this fair-haired new guy (looking up definitions in the LWB of course, over and over). Two glasses of wine later, she admitted that years ago a friend of her mother's who was like an uncle to her had molested her. :bugeyed: And she'd never told anyone.

There were many tears and hugs then, and she promised to tell her therapist. There was a happy ending: last I heard from her, she was happily married and had been for a decade, so I guess she did tell her secret. But little twenty-something-year-old me thought, "Man, I'm not ready for this." I was a bartender at the time, so was used to being a sort of therapist, but not on this level.

So I put the cards down, partly out of fear of not knowing where the messages were coming from (no internet back then to talk me down), and afraid of the damage I could do by not knowing what to do if I uncovered other peoples' secrets that they did not want uncovered yet.

I've felt the pull of the cards all this time, but just recently made up my mind to pick them back up for good. Now that I'm older, I feel more assured in my ability to help someone if something of this magnitude happens again. A part of me wonders how good I'd be if I'd been reading for twenty years now, a part that wishes that I hadn't ignored them this whole time. But maybe things worked out for the best.