I cannot connect with my Shadowscapes, help! :-/

MissChiff

I have not used my Shadowscapes very much. Not sure why because I do like it. I also like The Paulina tarot and the other one she drew. I like that kind of art where you see things that others can't. The cards that have a lot on them.

Richard

I'll never learn that it's unwise for me to post in threads like this, but I'll toss in my 2¢ anyhow.

Could the problem be due partly to the beauty of the images? Life's issues and their solutions are not necessarily beautiful, and thus a realistic Tarot spread should be capable of reflecting plainness or even ugliness. Perhaps the beauty of the deck is not sufficiently compatible with reality.

fractalgranny

hm, so, i don't quite understand the problem. there's tons of people, places, books, foods, dogs, cats that i don't connect with. why should it be different for tarot cards? once in a while i haul out the decks that don't do very much for me and read with them. sometimes that makes me more interested in them, more often not. i'm still a tad irked that i don't find the tarot of the trees as nice as i thought i would, or that i didn't immediately fall in love with wang's golden dawn, or that i'm beginning to find the new century tarot a bit shallow - but that's how it goes. i happen to connect very well with shadowscapes but that's just my personal taste. personal tastes don't go away just because it's a tarot deck :) (and - you may have noticed that already - there's a lot of people who just can't "do" shadowscapes)