Enable me please

holykombucha

I want a new Oracle deck, but I cannot decide what to get. Currently I have the Doreen Virtue Goddess Guidance cards (I like them), Kwan Yin oracle (eh, it's ok. haven't connected well with it), Earth Magic cards (love!) and Animal Wisdom cards (love as well.) I want something with a decent guidebook and a good mix of light and dark messages and cards.

My top contenders are the Enchanted Map and Mother Mary Oracle but I'm open to suggestions!

celticnoodle

I want a new Oracle deck, but I cannot decide what to get. Currently I have the Doreen Virtue Goddess Guidance cards (I like them), Kwan Yin oracle (eh, it's ok. haven't connected well with it), Earth Magic cards (love!) and Animal Wisdom cards (love as well.) I want something with a decent guidebook and a good mix of light and dark messages and cards.

My top contenders are the Enchanted Map and Mother Mary Oracle but I'm open to suggestions!

Welcome to A.T. I am wanting the Mother Mary Oracle myself and I'll push that one your way. :D I did get an AWESOME read with this deck by someone on here at A.T. I'm not familiar with the Enchanted Map--heard of them, but just never had a reading with them or know really what they look like.

***just checked the Enchanted Map Oracle deck here--and the cards do look nice. Whatever you choose to purchase, I'm sure you'll enjoy them both. :)

DesertDream

Id highly reccomend soul cards 1 & 2. Excellent mix of light and dark. But it has no guidebook on how to interprit them, this was the main draw for me since i like the freeform aspect. The book does offer suggestions how to use them though jusf no interpritations...thats all on you. Or you may like goddess oracle by amy sophia marinshinsky(sp). I also love Tao Oracle but dont have it. I ching is a good mix or light and dark.

Oh also i like enchanted map but dont have it. I used to have couple of the authors decks and it was always scary accurate. Think it was wisdom of avalon. But i thought some cards were lazily done or rushed and looked plain. Id maybe buy enchanted map one day though. Idk.

Onion Budgie

Wisdom of the Hidden Realms is a beautiful deck of light and dark that I've taken many accurate readings from. I'd recommend that. It has an excellent guide book, too.

holykombucha

I ended up going with Mother Mary (and, ahem...the Wildwood Tarot jumped in my cart as well), but added Wisdom of the Hidden Realms to my Amazon Wishlist.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Citrin

What about the Sacred Rebels? :) I absolutely love it. The guidebook is amazing! I love it as much as I love the Mother Mary Oracle. I do feel like the Sacred Rebels is a bit more versatile and can be used for a wider variety of questions and themes than the Mother Mary.

jillkite

Symbolon!
A very interesting, intense and beautiful deck.

celticnoodle

I have the Enchanted Map and it works REALLY well. Another oracle that looks stunning and has gotten very good fb from readers here is this one:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/chronicles-of-destiny-fortune/

Ooh, ana, you ARE an enabler!, I love the images in the Chronicles of Destiny!,

And, Holykambucha, this thread lso pushed me to go ahead & finally purchase the Mother Mary oracle. It did help that I found a coupon with Barnes & Noble that I could use to get it, & I had to call in my order, as we were having issues with the internet connection. Doing so proved to be a blessing as the girl who took my order gave me free shipping, too!! :)

I should see it by Wednesday.