'Workhorse' Decks

RiverRunsDeep

My general workhorses: RWS, Morgan Greer, Robin Wood, Tarot of the Old Path, Wild Unknown, Samhain Deck of the Bastard

Personal workhorse: Bohemian Gothic

*Isobel*

My workhorses:

Tarot of the Sidhe, DruidCraft, RWS, and just recently - AnnaK - 2nd ed.

Virgo26

When I need a solid, dependable Tarot deck to help me with bothersome concerns, my personal workhorse, the Thoth Tarot, very rarely failed me. I don't use it everyday, but when I have a problem that I need insights on, I always reach for it. Very highly recommended so you may want to check it out.

I just sourced one of the reference books to see more about it. Seems like a deck I would be interested to work with at some point!

CharlotteK

I don't need a workhorse for reading for others as I'm not a professional so don't do this often, but if I interpret workhorse to mean straightforward, to the point, easy to read, reliable and consistent (and a deck I could take away with me on holiday and read with it everyday) - I would choose RWS, Anna K, Distant Past, Morgan Greer, Deck of the Bastard, or Pagan Cats.

Gwynydd

Mine's always changing, but at the moment, it's:

Morgan Greer
Albano Waite
Cosmic Tarot
Aquarian
Ceccoli
Wheel of the Year
Tarot Mucha
Housewives

Terrapin

I define workhorse decks as ones that are clear, quick, and consistent:

Original RWS
Ancient Italian
Gilded
Grimaud TdM

Other decks like the Thoth or Sacred Rose are accurate for me, but very chatty & like to get at things from more of an oblique angle.

Penthasilia

Pagan Otherworlds and, weirdly, the Divine Will tarot.

Lisa Myobun

I've always said the Morgan Greer, Hanson-Roberts and Robin Wood. But lately it's been the mini-RWS and the pocket Hanson-Roberts, mainly for ease in portability.

At home, at my leisure, it could be anything. :)

Quick question: isn't the Hanson-Roberts already a smaller (e.g. bridge-sized) deck? Is there also an even smaller version? Thanks!

Morwenna

Quick question: isn't the Hanson-Roberts already a smaller (e.g. bridge-sized) deck? Is there also an even smaller version? Thanks!

Yep. Comfy bridge size. But there is a pocket version that came in a little kit with a book. Tossed the book and packaging, kept the deck. :) (Well, maybe I tossed it; after reading it I didn't want it. But I'm such a pack rat...)

BeyondtheVeil

My workhorse decks as of April 2017

My workhorse ...go to decks... change.

Currently, my go to decks are the Everyday Witch Tarot and Crystal Visions.

I am about to open up my new Bonefire Tarot and I hope that will be a favorite as well.

Like I stated above, depending on mood .. the decks can change for me. Crystal Visions I have had for awhile, but have used every since I got it..daily. I just purchased Everyday Witch Tarot and I am using it for most reading exchanges. We will see about the Bonefire Tarot after I open it.

Hanson-Roberts and Universal Tarot are also always on hand. I carry the Hanson-Roberts with me in my car. :) I also take 4 of my decks with me on ALL trips and vacations. I could be weird, but I love having them with me to use everyday.

I love my Minute Tarot but either someone took it or my roommate misplaced it. I loved reading with that deck and took it everywhere with me. I would still be using it if I could find it or get another one.

Great thread! :thumbsup:
BeyondtheVeil