When sitters fail to listen...

214red

gregory said:
She listened to what you said, she thanked you and she asked another question that was on her mind at the end. What is your problem here ? You have no way to know whether or not she took on board everything else you said, and whether she will act upon it - but it sounds from your post as though she did. And anyway - with most sitters, you will never know whether they do.

And whether he is thinking of her - she may not even have MEANT it in the way you are assuming she did. I think this is a judgemental issue. As you say - you were paid. So she gets to call the shots. It wasn't an unreasonable question, either. Just something she wanted to know.

Did you answer her ?
I KNOW she meant it in the way i thought (i felt it), he follow up questions confirmed it. I didnt judge her during the reading as thats unfair, and unjust, but afterwards i thought about it.

i dont expect people to take the guidence given, but i was saddened by it this time, maybe it was the run up to the full moon, knowing she is a fellow cancerian.

SunChariot

People can only handle what they are emotionally ready and able to handle. When someone goes for a reading, they don't know what will come up. Some of it they may be able to handle right away, some not. But she heard what she had to and that's important. It might be in a few weeks of digesting parts of that that the rest will sink in properly.

Babs

aXuS

People usually respond on the significance of what they're being shown.

If the air is right, the Qurrent is usually amazed by the simplicity and accuracy of the reading.

GoddessArtemis

Apollonia said:
Listening and understanding and even intending to heed your advice are very different from being ready to emotionally let go. A broken heart has questions that are urgent and often childlike and repetitive, that are very different from the questions coming from our rational side.

In my view, at the end of this incredibly emotional reading, her heart came through with its question. Doesn't mean she didn't listen, or that she won't go home and work with the good information you gave her. But the heart must have its say.
This was so well-said. I agree. :)

GA

Noelle

tarotcardrose said:
I had this same scenario happen last week with a querent. She had just broken off a terrible , abusive relationship. She admitted that she doesn't want him back and has clearly moved on. At the last of the reading she asked the same thing, "Is he still thinking of me". You could tell she was a little embarrassed asking after she had been over him.

So, I said, "Let's see".

I asked the cards, and they said he did still think about her, and thought if he is done playing the field in a few months he may call her again.

I told her and she laughed and said, "You are 100% right ,he is so cocky and thinks I am here waiting , he probably does think that." So, we had a laugh and then I quietly told her I am asking one very last question for her.

And I asked the cards, why, if she is moved on and over him, and knows how bad he is, does she still want him to think of her. The cards told me, that she has some emotional abandonment from her father and feels guilty about things.

So, I told her what I did, and what I saw in the cards .And she started to cry and said,"You are totally accurate. My dad left us, and I had a big fight with him that night, I was only 17. He never returned. She said, now when I leave a man even if it is for the better , I feel immense guilt."

After coming to that conclusion, she said, I feel 1000% percent better now, and don't even care if he calls.
;
Sometimes you have to dig deeper with clients, and you have to listen and assist as much as you can.

You're a v.g. reader tarotcardrose. Thanks for sharing this story.

Wendywu

Yes - that was a deeply compassionate reading tarotcardrose :heart:

kfk

People don't usually have big aha monents and immediately act on them.It's been my experience that people change as a result of accumulative experiences and advice.Nothing is wasted. Its just a matter of when the tipping point occurs. Maybe even in another life?Hopefully before that.

214red

yeah maybe she will hit her tipping point at some time.
She contacted me again to get another reading, i refused saying that it was too soon, but guess what she wanted to know "will they have a relationship again, will he come back to her"