Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

rwcarter

Hemera said:
Oh yes, and thank you for this! I was beginning to fear no-one reads them so your comment made my day:D
Hemera,

Welcome to the wonderful, wacky world of IDS!

A number of us know exactly what you're talking about for the Study Groups. When I started with the Ancient Egyptian Tarot in the first round of the IDS, I believe the Study Group for the deck covered 14 cards. I posted on those 14 and the other 64 cards in the deck too. I could tell by the number of views that people were reading my posts, but no one was commenting on them. The silence was deafening. It usually didn't bother me, but a couple of times I did post on it. But I've gotten PMs from people (even as recently as yesterday) who have read my posts and appreciated them.

So, know that even if you feel like you're on a desert island, what you're contributing to the Study Group will be there for future users of the deck who will be forever indebted to you for taking the time to post your thoughts.

Rodney

rwcarter

thorhammer said:
or Rodney for sheer thoroughness :D.
I haven't done Daily Draws since the first IDS, but I've definitely shown that King Cups who's boss! :laugh: }) :laugh:

(For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, in the first IDS when I was doing Daily Draws, the KC came up like 3 times in 5 days. In the AET, one of the meanings is someone who's enthusiasm is quickly fired and quickly wanes. I was not about to be called out by my deck.... ;))

Rodney

thorhammer

rwcarter said:
I was not about to be called out by my deck.... ;)
Love this!!! I think we're all called out by our decks at some point - it is, of course, not that surprising considering we're using the Tarot as a means of self-exploration, and sometimes our Self wants to slap us in the face with our own failings! Bravo to you for rising to the challenge!!!

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

:party::D:party:I'M DONE!!!!!!:party::D:party:

How happy am I!!! I got all motivated and sat down this afternoon to finish off the last five cards, then typed them up and posted all the remaining cards to the Study Group, as well as the spreads I've designed for each level of the Tarot Tree.

Done.

Over.

I'm going to pack this deck up and move on. I think it's well overdue.

Come on, everyone, join me in a drink! I'm just going to duck out to change my sig . . . :D

\m/ Kat

Jamil

thorhammer said:
:party::D:party:I'M DONE!!!!!!:party::D:party:

How happy am I!!! I got all motivated and sat down this afternoon to finish off the last five cards, then typed them up and posted all the remaining cards to the Study Group, as well as the spreads I've designed for each level of the Tarot Tree.

Done.

Over.

I'm going to pack this deck up and move on. I think it's well overdue.

Come on, everyone, join me in a drink! I'm just going to duck out to change my sig . . . :D

Congratulations! The spreads look brilliant, by the way. I won't have time to do anything interesting with them now until next weekend (damn the working week, damn it to hell...), but I filched them for my journal with grim future intent :)

Promise

Congrats Kat!!!!!

More celebrating after I'm home from work tomorrow; trudging back to bed now. Go pull out many decks and shuffle them all to you hearts content! You've earned it!

thorhammer

Thankyou both :) I'm chuffed, of course :D
Jamil said:
The spreads look brilliant, by the way.
Thanks. In case you missed the preamble, I've been working with the Tarot Tree, which the creator of the Wheel of Change designed to make better sense of the Majors in terms of the deck's approach. It's really very insightful, and though I think it required a different treatment of some of the Majors (the Chariot stands out) it works really well. In dealing with it, I decided that designing a spread for each would help cement the message in my head and heart, and I think I've done pretty well with it.
Jamil said:
(damn the working week, damn it to hell...)
I know just what you mean ;)
Promise said:
Go pull out many decks and shuffle them all to you hearts content! You've earned it!
Cheers :D I'm actually going to do a synopsis spread with the WoC (sucker for punishment :D) and I'm going to use this spread, with some minor tweaks. Then I reckon I'm gonna pull out the Circle of Life deck, which I've had for some time but havne't read with . . . I don't know that I'll be able to, but it'll be fun to try!

\m/ Kat

Hemera

Congratulations! I´m just starting on this road so I know it is a long one. Drinks are in order when it is finished :party:

rwcarter said:
Hemera,
Welcome to the wonderful, wacky world of IDS!
Thanks Rodney:)

rwcarter said:
So, know that even if you feel like you're on a desert island, what you're contributing to the Study Group will be there for future users of the deck who will be forever indebted to you for taking the time to post your thoughts
This is very comforting to know. I have been a bit desperate about it and I almost decided to stop posting there. It feels so stupid to write your private thoughts and ideas out there in the open and listen to the deafening silence. It makes one feel kind of silly.. (Alan Ross has been there with me,though,which is nice)

Hemera

rwcarter said:
I haven't done Daily Draws since the first IDS, but I've definitely shown that King Cups who's boss! :laugh: }) :laugh:

(For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, in the first IDS when I was doing Daily Draws, the KC came up like 3 times in 5 days. In the AET, one of the meanings is someone who's enthusiasm is quickly fired and quickly wanes. I was not about to be called out by my deck.... ;))

Rodney

LOL for this:)

rwcarter

Kat,

Congrats on finally finishing with the WoC!!!!! Whether you start a new IDS or become a deck slut for awhile ;), don't forget about those of us who are still trudging away with our IDSs....

Hemera,

Re: the Study Group, it really did help me to take a long term approach to it instead of looking for short term gratification - what I wrote might not be useful to someone until years down the road; but it would be there for the right person when they needed it. And even if I'm no longer part of AT (banish the thought!), my words will be there for as long as AT exists and probably even longer the way everything on the net is cached somewhere these days.

Rodney