Pictures of our Reading Spaces; 2011

Jack

Love the table cloth WolfyJames

Caedryn

JoelDee said:
Cool, thanks for that, I've never heard of mung beans or a cushion filled with them I'll have to look that up.

You are welcome! I made my own...canvas triple stitched strong thread, mung beans from Chinatown.

You just squiggle down into it making it a little lower at the front.

~ C

Jack

Caedryn said:
You are welcome! I made my own...canvas triple stitched strong thread, mung beans from Chinatown.

You just squiggle down into it making it a little lower at the front.

~ C

wow! sounds good

Caedryn

JoelDee said:
wow! sounds good

It works well. Fill it so you have it about three inches deep.

~ C

Caedryn

Le Fanu said:
Nice pics. Is that a sulking cat I spy? Someone was paying more attention to silly cards than beautiful cat...

Yes they are WolfyJames, and cat Le Fanu, I did notice the beautiful.

I also sometimes do small readings at my computer desk. Larger ones are at a round table with a purple-red satin cloth and a mauve crystal ball, and some other stuff. I would take a pic, but I do not have a digital camera, and I do not know how to get it from the camera to the computer...being the 60's hippie I am lol.

~ C

WolfyJames

Le Fanu said:
Nice pics. Is that a sulking cat I spy? Someone was paying more attention to silly cards than beautiful cat...

LOL! Usually he loves the camera and throws himself at it, so much I have trouble making him keep a pose and take a picture, but that evening I tried to make him turn by calling his name (Maurice) and all that but he kept turning his back, so I told him "Well, too bad, no one will see you're such a cutie".

JoelDee said:
Love the table cloth WolfyJames

OctoberGwen said:
That's a nice Halloween-y looking cloth you have there (it's huge!)

Thanks! I had in mind something else for my spreadcloth but when I went there it was in autumn and they had all those autumnal and Halloween cloths, I've always loved Halloween and gothic stuff so my head was turning and I ended up picking this one instead, and I have no regret ;). And it's that huge because I always fan the decks so I need large space for that and I wanted to make sure I'd have enough space and more with my spreadcloth. It's better to have more than less.

Attachments

• maurice01.jpg
    maurice01.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 292
  • maurice092.jpg
    maurice092.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 236
  • maurice112.jpg
    maurice112.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 215

Caedryn

Nice to see the shy one's face!

~ C

Gia

My space is a mixed used area where I give my private Middle Eastern dance instruction as well as do my own meditating and give readings. Rather than the lovely clean spaces shared my others, mine is quite busy and festive...I am not sure why, but I feel most comfortable and centered in a place that has...um...lots of stuff! LOL!

The reading table and tarot armoire behind were both painted by me (the artwork on the armoire you may recognize as being from The Deviant Moon!)
The 2nd photo shows a larger view of the studio, off to the right you can just make out my altar to Kwan Yin.
_________
Studio1.jpg

Studio2.jpg

Jack

Thanks MissJo, it is cosy, I feel fortunate to finally have some where to build up a good energy.

Gia! those are amazing paintings you've done on the furniture, I bet it's a lovely place to read.
This makes me want to get creative.