Making Bags and Boxes

Elizabeth Genco

And Cielo, those bags look great! Thanks for sharing.

rainwolf

Well if you dont know how to sew very well dont worry- i just learned how to use the machine 2 weeks ago and ive already made 10 bags out of different material. Just bought some panne velvet and yellow silk lining-}) I'm going to open a trade soon in the trading thread. I'll post some pics of the product here.

Attachments

• IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 334

graylensman

rainwolf - as they say, a pictue is worth a thousand words, and those really clarify some of the directions you sent to me! Maybe today I'll be able to sew something up...

Elizabeth - "sewing for dummies" - of course! >smacks forehead< I've had my machine for about a year now, and while I can sew straight seams (like hemming up pants legs for the kids) I'm lost when it comes to all the other stitching options - and mine's a fairly simple unit. I'll have to pick that up.

rainwolf

Im going to post them altogether....so when i type it all up ill transfer it at the same time....or maybe just make a website, depends which is easier.

muteswan

The bag I made for the Aquarian is black velvet with red embroidery thread making decorative seams. I haven't quite finished it yet, but I love the contrast of it.

One thing I want to do for my Golden Tzar is buy a wood tarot box (the ones with that nifty brass inlay on top) and line the inside with velvet and a ribbon secured to the center. I love the image given for a few box-set decks of undoing the ribbon, it's almost ritualistic, which is no less than this deck deserves.

Laura Borealis

I keep putting off making new bags... I have tons of fabric, and bags are so easy to run up. It's the effort of clearing my desk and getting the sewing machine set up that stops me. :p

rainwolf

OK-some people wanted some directions to make a bag, so i made an easy bag, and took pictures along the way. Since im not at my computer right now, ill have to post the directions only, and the pics to them when i get back. The bag is really easy, so if you are telling yourself "do what?!?", just remember that it is very straitforward and intuitive in the construction and I did it just be experimenting. The directions therefore, may serve as some precautions and an easy assembly line.

I'm keeping my directions however to make the seamless bags-thats what i use to trade and giving it away would make all my bags untradable }) I do have an...eh hem...accomplice though that is in with me on it. ;)

Anyway, i hope you enjoy the products of your own creations!

RW

Damn AOL isnt letting me attach!

Lillie

Seamless?

In what sense seamless?
No seams at all? That would be an amazing thing.

Or will I have to trade one to figure out how you made it?

PS. I said a while ago that I had done some sketches for a very simple bag.
And that if anyone wanted them to let me know, so I can mail the pics.

So far no one has contacted me, this is the last chance before I clear them out of my docs and into my electrinic garbage disposer.

Elizabeth Genco

I definitely do! Sorry I missed that before.

I'll PM...