Asherah Tarot, originally the Sarah Magdalene Tarot

Grigori

salamandrina said:
As for the Lion, he is perhaps a little too tame looking. And I will admit I was very inspired as a child by the idea of riding Aslan. Nonetheless this card is one of the ones that always makes me happy to look at, so I doubt I'll change it.

Please don't, the card is great, I was just sharing a personal reaction. It's more about me than your deck. I'm a big Aslan fan myself, and if he appeared on a "Strength" card I wouldn't think twice about it. But on a "Lust" card I had an unexpected reaction, which is a good thing in a tarot card I think.

salamandrina said:
Oh and I am going to organize Art Prints, so I'll make an announcement about that soon. I'll never sell originals though. That is one of the bonuses of this kind of design work. I always hated selling originals. Like selling your kids!

:thumbsup:

Anam Cara

salamandrina said:
... I absolutely must have them produced exactly the way I want them. None of this messing about with them by junior hacks the big companies seem to insist on. Might mean I'll have to do it myself but, I'd really rather not have to bother...
Sarah, however you produce the cards (or have them produced)
I'm sure your tarot deck will be amazing.
I've already been imagining doing readings with them,
looking very forward to the completed deck!
(tho' it sounds like you're looking forward to it even more!) :D

:heart:Cara

salamandrina

Thank you Cara! :)

The Lust Lion isn't actually Aslan though. Except in the sense that the Aslan was supposedly Christ and Christ was Dumuzi. And this is a picture of Inanna and Dumuzi.
Instead of being the witches enemy he is her friend. Big difference.

I would always use the title Lust, because it's short and punchy. And I use Cs numbering system so it makes sense.

Grigori

I want to retract my earlier statement. Lust is now my favorite card :D

Though I do also have a soft spot for the Queenslander in The Fool. In many places I see this as a very northside deck, though cards like Hanging are a lot further north. As a north-of-the-river-er who has broken the greatest taboo of this city and moved across the river recently, I don't see enough real Brisbane houses anymore :laugh:

Hedera

Oh, I just LOVE your deck!!!

Adding my voice to the chorus of people hoping for a (self- or otherwise) published deck!

salamandrina

The house in the FOOL is real house in Highgate Hill, called Blakeney Mansions. I used to live there as a young student and we got evicted by a vile yuppy. So it's kind of a symbol of lost innocence to me. As is the hill and the donkey, for reasons earlier in my life. It's a very personal card.

I've lived all up and down the Eastern Seaboard but it's probably true I am mostly a Brisbane person. Though it's the wild places and creatures that inspire me. The land itself, which is so very beautiful, is my teacher artistically speaking.

coyalxauhqui

Oh wow - just checked out your blog and I am so impressed! Especially the Three of Cups - I feel like that image is gonna be burned into my memory for awhile (In a good way, I think!)

SloughSister

Superb

I can't get over how much your art moves me. I am struck by how much both the whole gestalt and the many details strike me. You manage with each piece to balance hue, brightness and contrast in the exact way I love and that just captures me, heart and soul. I would be honored to buy this if it were available as a deck. The bits that bind me to your depictions:

The circle of bats in Fate
Holy cow, the flaming phoenix in Art!
The lion’s precise toenail-claws in Lust
One foot almost facing backwards in Fool – very fool-like
The bright, luscious, rich-hot colors of the Queen of Wands
The sheer grace and steady, balanced sweetness in the Two of Cups
Three of Wands – I don’t like to shout with caps, but this is just GRAND!
Seahorses with gently barbed catfish (?) and sea turtle helpers in Chariot
The gorgeous heron and the ouroboros pointy-nosed fish in the Queen of Cups
Your initials woven in all over the place, as in the base of the Priestess columns
The sensible shoes and clothes, and the orderly-ranked shelves of books in the Queen of Swords
The texture of the sweater-weave and how I can almost smell the sweetness of the nodding night-lilies in Hermit
The growth and blossoming of the bulbs, the twinklings of new growth in the trees, and the I-Ching coin in the Princess of Discs
The boldness and daring of the fiery red-head to catch a tiger by its tail, especially while it’s still striding, and its almost-Green-Man face, in Princess of Wands
The glorious, green extravaganza that grows because of the Sun, that even itself has leaves, and the fat, round, two-eared creature hiding among the vegetation
The small person at the base of the Three of Cups (and how clever to have a being to have the heart) has so much sorrow – it reminds me of the bluegrass classic “Man of Constant Sorrow.”

salamandrina

Wow, thank you Slough Sister!
There seems to be a rule where the more upset I am the more likely someone will write a lovely reply here. Yesterday I was so distressed by the terrible events in Japan, magical land of my heart! And also some less cataclysmic crises closer to home.
This reply was the sun peeping out from some very dark clouds. It's so wonderful when people love the same things I do about these cards, so thanks for making a list. It all chimes with me perfectly and I know that you are truly a like minded soul!

SloughSister

*grinning and rocking back and forth sideways happily*