Celtic Book Of The Dead Study?

Bumpy_Boo

Hello :D

I noticed that this deck isn't in the index. Does anyone else have it, and would you be interested in further study? I find this deck fascinating, and the mythology behind it is so rich...there would certainly be a lot to talk about!

:)

PS- If such a group does exist here already, and I haven't found it, I would love to be pointed in the right direction.

celticnoodle

pretty artwork on those cards. I'm not familiar with this and wonder, is it used to correspond with those passed? or is it more for a spiritual path type of reading or can it be used for any type of question?

Bumpy_Boo

Hello again, celticnoodle :)

The cards have a lot of different uses. You are right, they can be used - just like the immram (basically a type of celtic fable/soul journey)the deck is based on - to prepare the spirit for death. In fact, Caitlin Matthews suggests a method by which the cards may be used to counsel the dying.

But the cards each carry a message, corresponding to a stage in the journey. These messages are relevant to all, and I have found them useful in meditation and divination :)

The insight they provide is remarkable.

celticnoodle

thank you, Bumpy-Boo. Looks like another deck I'm going to have to investigate and purchase. :)

Bumpy_Boo

thank you, Bumpy-Boo. Looks like another deck I'm going to have to investigate and purchase. :)

I would definitely recommend it :) Although, I got the deck nine years ago,and couldn't get into it at first. It sat gathering dust until I dug it out again last year. I don't know whether its an age thing - I was 17 when I got them, and we're all a little dumb at that age! :) - but I have really connected with them now.

Milfoil

Although I love the idea, the concept behind using the deck in such a way with the myth/Immram of Curaig Maelduin the artwork really leaves me cold. It reminds me of children's TV programs back in the 70's with cardboard cut outs like Crystal Tips and Alistair

Interesting to use though and to learn about this particular Irish tale.

Bumpy_Boo

Although I love the idea, the concept behind using the deck in such a way with the myth/Immram of Curaig Maelduin the artwork really leaves me cold. It reminds me of children's TV programs back in the 70's with cardboard cut outs like Crystal Tips and Alistair

Interesting to use though and to learn about this particular Irish tale.

:D haha! As much as I love the deck, I see you point!