Gold/Silver Baba decks. Favorites? Why?

Le Fanu

Can't really contribute much here as I love them all.

Interestingly, my favourite card in the BBC Gold is the Chariot. I just love that sumptuous gold juxtaposed with cat fur.

I have them all - and love them all. The VR is my favourite baba deck ever and I only really use the gold for special personal readings. I have found with time that the 2nd edition gilt-edged one is my favourite - the cardstock feels slightly stiffer and the colours more subtle and the gold edges make it feel a little extra special. Plus a couple of cards which jarred a bit in the 1st editions have been changed.

For me the BG Silver is just breathtaking. My god - I know - all their decks are. However, the BG Silver when tilted at angles can have a look of Victorian Daguerrotype photos - or spirit photography. Like shimmers of ectoplasm.

But - deck apart - I think the shimmers on the Alice are perhaps the most accomplished for me. They are slightly copper-ish and they seem worked into the images with greater mastery. However, my favourite deck remains the VR. Both editions of the deck have this added glint.

FLizarraga

For me the BG Silver is just breathtaking. My god - I know - all their decks are. However, the BG Silver when tilted at angles can have a look of Victorian Daguerrotype photos - or spirit photography. Like shimmers of ectoplasm.

I feel even more enabled now in respect to the BG Silver. And YES, all their decks are breathtaking. Baba decks are in a class all their own, beautiful decks that read so well for me.

I remember thinking --cats dressed in 18th century lace and brocade? Nosferatu looking at a girl as the King of Cups? Give me a break. And yet, and yet--

But - deck apart - I think the shimmers on the Alice are perhaps the most accomplished for me. They are slightly copper-ish and they seem worked into the images with greater mastery. However, my favourite deck remains the VR. Both editions of the deck have this added glint.

I have been resisting the Alice deck because of its high price point, but this thread is making me want it. Badly.