DREAMING WAY LENORMAND

Cocobird55

i've been using it for my own readings, and it is very clear. Love this deck!

greatdane

Thanks for your thoughts, Celticnoodle and Cocobird!

It is a very unique deck, yet also very lovely. Wondering how those who have it were getting on with it :).

OaksWhispering

Mine just came in the mail today.

I did a few readings with some friends and it went splendid. I am very impressed.
I actually really like that the artist used her own interpretations on some of these cards. I feel that they still hold true. I see the fox absolutely cunning, but the woman seems to be the cunning one as well. For me I love this because it invokes this sense of "who do I trust?" The woman thinks she is so clever, but she cannot outsmart the fox (as it mentions in the book)

I like that this deck can be pretty, and unique, and still very functional (because let's face it I was never going to use a deck I didn't like the looks of)
The only things I wish were different: 1) There is only one man card and one woman card, and I have an awful lot of LGB friends.
2) I would not have minded the child being more androgynous looking.

I was also surprised that the Key card depicts a modern key, since the deck is so dreamy. But that's not a complaint, I was just surprised.

I find the guidebook quite helpful and informative, and love that there is a quote at the top of each card page that match the meaning of the card.

In all, I think it is a great deck if you have and love the Dreaming Way tarot, and/or for those who are dreamy/abstract thinkers. Not so much for purists.

Oh and I had trouble opening the box, it's nice and sturdy, but one of those boxes you have to shake the heck out of to open it.

celticnoodle

Mine just came in the mail today.

I did a few readings with some friends and it went splendid. I am very impressed.
I actually really like that the artist used her own interpretations on some of these cards. I feel that they still hold true. I see the fox absolutely cunning, but the woman seems to be the cunning one as well. For me I love this because it invokes this sense of "who do I trust?" The woman thinks she is so clever, but she cannot outsmart the fox (as it mentions in the book)
I agree! I actually really, really like this fox card! The look on the fox is really fun, don't you think? It truly is a card speaking of someone being cunning!

I like that this deck can be pretty, and unique, and still very functional (because let's face it I was never going to use a deck I didn't like the looks of)
yep. I agree again. I love that the artist used her imagination and did pictures that are out of the ordinary. It really gives this deck personality!

I find the guidebook quite helpful and informative, and love that there is a quote at the top of each card page that match the meaning of the card.
Yes, it is very well done. One of the better books that come with decks.

Oh and I had trouble opening the box, it's nice and sturdy, but one of those boxes you have to shake the heck out of to open it.
I didn't have any problems and I usually do with opening things. Hopefully, the box will soften up and stretch out slightly from use by you and will be easier to open and get the cards out.

OaksWhispering

I didn't have any problems and I usually do with opening things. Hopefully, the box will soften up and stretch out slightly from use by you and will be easier to open and get the cards out.

It loosened up already! I am pleased.

Cocobird55

i bought a very pretty bag for mine, and it all fits perfectly now.

Village Witch

So glad you all reviewed this deck. I saw it on Amazon just today. I agree that the fox card doesn't give me the feel of a traditional fox card, but I still find the deck is cute and whimsical.

I am a huge stickler for a good shuffling deck. How is the card stock and how well does it shuffle?

celticnoodle

So glad you all reviewed this deck. I saw it on Amazon just today. I agree that the fox card doesn't give me the feel of a traditional fox card, but I still find the deck is cute and whimsical.

I am a huge stickler for a good shuffling deck. How is the card stock and how well does it shuffle?

You know, once you actually SEE that fox card and read about it in the lwb that comes with the deck--it changes your mind on it. I didn't quite get the fox either, but then when I read in the book that comes with it--and I looked at the card again--it clicked! In fact, everytime I look at that fox card now, I see even more in it.

There are a few really quirky cards in this Lenormand. But, using them, they really begin to stand out and make sense. I was surprised that this deck, as much as I did and do enjoy the artwork - fast became my go to Lenormand deck for readings. I just love it!

greatdane

Anyone currently using this deck often?

Wondering if any have used it to do professional readings or readings for others than yourself? How you feel it reads and how your clients like it?

Cocobird55

Still using it often for myself, but not for anyone else. Like it a lot.