CARDS NOT your favorite..in decks you otherwise like

greatdane

I'm sure many of us have decks we really like, well, except for a few cards. C

Cards that we wish if they couldn't be different, we could at least have been offered an alternative (which deck designers sometimes do if they have done a card a little ...different...than we are used to seeing in a Lenormand deck).

For ME, a big part of the beauty of Lenormand is the ease in which one sees AN image, one of the 36 BASIC IMAGES. In can be done in different artistic ways, but I just want it really visible.

**This thread is not to knock a deck, just saying WHICH cards, in a deck we otherwise like, we wish we could have had the image clearer OR had an alternate to choose from.**

One of mine is the UNDER THE ROSES. Overall, I quite like the deck. There are many cards easily seen and nicely done.

HOWEVER, cards I would have at least liked a more conventional and/or more easily SEEN image, OR an alternative are:

The SNAKE....I see the WOMAN first. If the SNAKE would have caught my eye more, that would have helped.

The WHIP (or the WHIP/BROOM)....I often get the WHIP or WHIP/BROOM as negative behavior repeating, not what looks like a dominatrix in recreational role play...I'm not offended at all by the card, it's just that it doesn't really convey the traditional image for me

The RING ...I see the ROSE so front and center and the RING is there, but a small part of the image. It's like the ROSE is supposed to be the center focus.

The SICKLE....I don't dislike this card, I just wish the SICKLE were more visible, it so blends into the coloring of the background. With Lenormand, I want it clear.

The JOURNAL...again, I don't dislike this card, but with the coloring, the size in the frame, it's not as focal as I would wish. I also don't see why it was changed from the BOOK.

The KEY....SAME think, I don't mind the image at all, it's just with the coloring, the KEY SO BLENDS into the background.

Renaming the HEART, the LOCKET, just didn't enhance the card or it's meaning to me either.

This was one of those decks I like the style, the coloring, I just think some of the cards could have been clearer and that would have made it more pleasing for me. I don't like cards being renamed. JUST MY personal preferences....SO I don't dislike this deck, on the contrary, I just would have liked it a lot more without the aforementioned images.

Aster Breo

I was just looking at the Silson Lenormand online. I really love the art in that deck, but the Cross card is a deal-breaker for me. It's portrayed as a crucifix. While that rendering definitely does elicit the interpretation of a burden or "cross to bear", there's something about including Jesus's bleeding body that just pushes it over the edge for me. If the artist offered a version with an empty cross, I'd buy it in a minute.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

greatdane

Thanks for sharing that, Aster Breo!

I'm glad to see I'm not alone.

There are decks I can really quite love the style or artwork, but A card or cards can just make me go ummmm nope!

The Celtic Lenormand was one where I really like the art, big fan of Worthington, but there were some cards at first sight I couldn't instantly make them out. I want a Lenormand to go....HEART!, FOX!, BEAR! For those who don't, yes, I can "remember" which card something is, but I shouldn't have to with Lenormand.

And there are some, like you mentioned, Aster Breo, where the image doesn't really resonate for me for whatever reason. Whether it doesn't depict the meaning I think of for the card or if I just really don't the image.

Mostly, for me, it's been because I can't instantly tell what the card is supposed to be at first look through of a deck. But I can certainly see how not liking how a card is depicted could have the same affect of not wanting to read with it.

Tag_jorrit

There are a few lovely decks out there but they have to be starkly simple and easy to read with just a glance. A guaranteed deal-breaker for me is a Rider that is not male.

ana luisa

I don't know all Lennie decks but wish something more modern would show up. The Dreaming has begun something like that already which I think was quite good. Why not use bike courier messengers for a rider instead of the old rider on a horse ? Why not place the dog with another dog or a person to show loyalty ? I feel there is so much more MEAT to Lenormand that can be explored but hey, you never know ;) Having said that, though, I am excited about Anna K.'s new release ;)

Attachments

• Rider.jpg
    Rider.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 138
  • Always by your side.jpg
    Always by your side.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 130

tinkerbell

cards NOT my favourite.....

Hey all,

Couldn't leave without adding my two penneth...
I recently bought Caitlin Matthews Enchanted Lenormand.
I love the size of the cards (dinky), the 'crystal ball' style of the illustrations and there's plenty of green (one of my fave colours).
I can even overlook her Rod/Whip becoming a broom and the Cross becoming the Crossing...

but yeuchhh I hate that Cloud Card! IT'S GOT A FACE IN IT!!! :confused::confused:

Village Witch

The Child and Dog cards are the ones that I most often find unappealing in modern decks. I don't want a cute little dog or a cutsie baby.

I love my Piatnik deck more and more each day.

Tag_jorrit

And this... /\ /\ /\