Cavalier De Coupe

Paul

Fulgour said:
It would definitely help if we could get a scan in order to see it.

Yes, I thought my 4-card scan was a tad small. Here's a sample of some separate scans of the CofCoupe. I scanned some cards, separately.
(Compare jmd's Payen w/ TdNostradamus.)

Some of these scans certainly reify the idea that there is blood within the cup. Of course, this has long been a theme regarding the Tarot cups. Look at the Piatnik version; either by deliberateness or accident of coloring, the blood in his cup is overflowing. In fact, is it bubbling? Where have I heard this before? (Seriously, isn't there some scholarship on that idea of bubbling/boiling? or maybe I'm hallucinating.)

Attachments

• CavCoupeHeron.jpg
    CavCoupeHeron.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 101
  • CavCoupePiatnik.jpg
    CavCoupePiatnik.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 99
  • CavCoupeNostra.jpg
    CavCoupeNostra.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 100
  • CavCoupe Dusserre Dodal.jpg
    CavCoupe Dusserre Dodal.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 98
  • CavCoupe Dusserre Marteau.jpg
    CavCoupe Dusserre Marteau.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 88

Little Baron

Thanks for those scans Paul ... interesting to see the other versions. In the first one, it does look as though he has a hat on his back, which is not obvious from the card I am using.

Also, in comparison to mine, I can see why people do not see the Cavalier to be such a gloomy and tragic figure. I enclose my card from the Nicolas Conver Ancient Tarot of Marseilles by LS, so you can see where I am coming from a little more.

Yabs (great postings by the way everyone; really interesting thread)

Attachments

• cav.jpg
    cav.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 98

Diana

Of course... whether he is actually holding the cup, or whether he is reaching out his hand to take it ... is a topic that could hold the attention of a few tarologists for a discussion that could go on till the wee hours of the morning... and where no definitive conclusion will ever be reached. But when the dawn does break, everyone will feel most enlightened. :)

Little Baron

Diana said:
Of course... whether he is actually holding the cup, or whether he is reaching out his hand to take it ... is a topic that could hold the attention of a few tarologists for a discussion that could go on till the wee hours of the morning

Cheers. I never even considered that idea. I suppose it could be 'floating', like the denier in other cards and he is holding his hand out to support it; or accept it.

Yabs

Diana

Yaboot said:
Cheers. I never even considered that idea. I suppose it could be 'floating', like the denier in other cards and he is holding his hand out to support it; or accept it.

Yabs

.... or (there is a third alternative).

Paul

Diana said:
.... or (there is a third alternative).

Ok, Diana, International Woman of Mystery, spill it...

(ahem, please?...)
;)

Diana

Paul said:
spill it...

(ahem, please?...)
;)

Spill it? Are you implying that there is liquid in that cup?

Now that, my dear Paul, is the topic of another night's discussion.

Paul

One wonders if the Cavalier de Coupe has something to offer.

Diana

Paul said:
One wonders if the Cavalier de Coupe has something to offer.

I've (very) often said that I believe that the Cavaliers are messengers. (My practical experience with readings has born witness to my theory.) Messengers also bear gifts.

Moongold

King Arthur and His Knights
Alfred Lord Tennyson

Then Arthur charged his warrior whom he loved
And honoured most, Sir Lancelot, to ride forth
And bring the Queen;--and watched him from the gates:
And Lancelot past away among the flowers,
(For then was latter April) and returned
Among the flowers, in May, with Guinevere.