stones for osteoarthritis and sleep

greatdane

The stones I look for are ones to most help with osteoarthritis in my back (it bothers me more at night, I still do quite long walks, but I pay for it at night) that I actually feel more in my hip and leg, but it is coming from my back. The other thing is I am looking for what I call a sleep time stone. I do not have insomnia, I fall asleep, but don't go through all the stages long enough (I know this from a very expensive sleep study I went through). I need deeper, longer sleep. I know many of you know so much more regarding what stones do what, if there are any you can think of for these two things, I would be grateful :).
GD

Kathy123

For the osteoporosis, you need to look for crystals that have a significant calcium content. They will help stimulate the body's calcium metabolism. They include apatitie, aragonite, calcite and fluorite. Apatite is made of calcium phosphate so is the most effective of the four if you are looking for only one (and it is really pretty!); however, the four compliment each other perfectly, and can all be used together. Wear them as jewelry and make sure they are in direct contact with the skin (I have even tucked crystals in my bra, or attach to skin under a bandaid). If you are buying stones in jewelry, get ones that are set in silver, they are better conductors. You can also make gem essence and take those as well.

I find you have to be careful with crystals and night, sometimes the energies can keep your dreams very vivid, which may make you feel unrested in the morning - this may just be the initial stages of the crystal "clearing out the junk", so to speak, after a couple of nights you will be sleeping like a baby :) My favorite night time stone is amethyst, together with a drop of lavender essential oil on my pillow. The amethyst works well for me (although i did experience the initial vivd dreams with this too) If you have a lot of negative energy fields around you (cell phones, power lines) black tourmaline under your pillow will help. Those are my two favorites.

Hope that helps, let me know how it goes :)

shelikes2read

Amethyst should help for both pain relief and restfulness. I have made a point of using Amethyst when I'm dealing with soreness, as I have osteoarthritis, too.

I kept getting the idea that Calcite would be worth looking into, while reading your post, so that might be something to try.

Good luck! I hope you feel better.

Kathy123

And one more note, I am sure that you have been told to, or already have tried meditating before bed, add the crystals to your meditation for an extra boost! You will need to cleanse and charge your crystals so they are most effective :)

greatdane

Hi Kathy!

Thank you for the advice! I smiled at the lavender because I keep the spray by my bedside :). I lightly spritz my pillow. I actually put stones in the pockets of my pjs (or sweats) that I use for osteoarthritis. I have used ocean jasper and blue lace agate on someone's recommendation and had some luck but for short periods. I almost always have vivid dreams because of my sleep cycles. It's not that I don't sleep or have trouble falling asleep, I just don't go into deep enough sleep long enough. I will take your advice and let you know how it goes. I am in contact with delizt here because it can be difficult to get stones in my little town. I am hoping a combination of the cd's I use, aromatherapy (the lavender) and the stones will make an improvement. It would just be nice to get a deeper, longer sleep. I don't know how those with true insomnia function and I feel bad for them! At least I do sleep and usually at least four or five hours.

Kathy123

Delitz is extremely knowledgeable and I'm sure she could put something wonderful together for you!

Signed another lavender junkie :)

Ps - too much lavender can cause the opposite effect, so just be careful not to use too much!

celticnoodle

forgive me for not reading through all the posts here, GD, and possibly repeating some crystals that were recommended. As you know, I also have osteoarthritis in my spine and hips too. I have found that flourite is good. Its suppose to help strengthen your bones and the tissues around the bone as well. Lapis Lazuli is another crystal that helps strengthen bones too.

For the pain, for me, nothing beats rose quartz! It is also a very calming gemstone. Citrine is supposedly another good stone to carry. I always have one in my wallet--and I have one in a dish on my bedside table--so perhaps it does help me at night, I'm not sure. Citrine IS good for circulation though-and if your blood is circulating well, it should help with the pain of any type of arthritis too.

Clear quartz are known as the master healer stone and the greatest thing about these crystals is that they do not need to be cleansed. they also can energize other stones! I was told the best clear quartz to get is a large piece that you would leave on your table and put your other crystals around htem when they were in need of cleaning. Its energy will extend out to you if you're close by it. But, you can also carry small pieces in your pockets. The clear quartz is also fantastic for fatigue.

I have heard amethyst is also great-and I have a raw piece of amethyst that I like to keep out. It is beautiful - small, but very pretty.

It is also always great to carry or wear these crystals on you-if you can. I often put a rose quartz in each of my pockets and it helps. And, wearing my amethyst ring or earrings seem to help me too. :)

I can tell you that I was told a year ago to begin taking 1200mg calcium and 600 mg. of glucosamine tablets daily. I also take prescription Vitamin D--once a week--all 3 for my osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. (as well as my bi-yearly shots for the osteoporosis). It can take up to 8 weeks before you begin to see an improvement in your pain from the calcium and glucosamine, but you will! Its amazing how much it helps. Only my vitamin D and the shot of course has to be filled w/a drs prescription--the calcium and glucosamine are over the counter.

Between this and my chakra meditations that I do pretty much every night (the one you recommended), and now and again other chakra meditations, I am able to control a lot of my pain issues. I do at times over do it and pay for it as well, and have to resort to other measures, but I think all this will help you. Plus, invest in a heating pad, take epsom salt water baths and keep your muscles and bones warm as much as possible!

ground fresh ginger on your food or in a drink (if you can take the taste this way) is great for relieving painful joints and muscles. Also, drink chamomile tea! it helps with pain as well as sleep. My favorite night time tea drink. :D

btw, I bought lavender soap and keep it in my bedside drawer. sometimes it is a bit too much for me, and keeps me awake--but sometimes it does seem to help me.

greatdane

Hi cn!

Thanks for all your tips. I found out my calcium level is good. I take Vit D supplements per doctors, but last time it wasn't bad. I have been tested for osteoporosis and the drs office called and was really surprised. It seems I have the bones of someone about thirty years younger, have no idea how that happened except I was a runner and pretty big on walking (still walk), but think that has to do maybe with genetics. It's just the osteoarthritis that is causing the prob. I will definitely check out all the things you listed.
Hugs and thanks, GD

celticnoodle

Thanks for all your tips. I found out my calcium level is good. I take Vit D supplements per doctors, but last time it wasn't bad. I have been tested for osteoporosis and the drs office called and was really surprised. It seems I have the bones of someone about thirty years younger, have no idea how that happened except I was a runner and pretty big on walking (still walk), but think that has to do maybe with genetics. It's just the osteoarthritis that is causing the prob. I will definitely check out all the things you listed.
Hugs and thanks, GD

:thumbsup: well, I am glad that you do not have osteoporosis and I hope you never do! It is NOT a fun thing and unfortunately, it not only runs in my family, but I have other risk factors for it--and now of course, I have it badly. :rolleyes: but all that I mentioned above seems to be helping me. I'm not in as much pain as I had been at any rate!

May you find things to help you with your pain and sleeplessness. Good luck my friend. :)

stonesatiety

Lots of great suggestions. For arthritis: ask for help. By that I mean our unseen spirit family. Years ago I had growths on my finger joints and knuckles. I was upset. With the many years working on myself, on my spiritual path, this did not fit. I said, "I ask to be healed of this," and went to sleep. The next morning the growths, pain and stiffness were gone. A short time later I became quite angry with a coworker and noticed that night the growths were back. I knew why. My body stored my anger at the usual places! So I didn't ask for help again. Months later, I noticed my hands were fine. I gave thanks and they are fine ten odd years later. I know this is way out, but in case you are open to such. I don't know about you, but I'll take all the *unconditional* help I can get.

The stone that came to me for you was first ocean jasper, funny because you have had success with it! If the results happen for a short time, that stone and the blue lace agate may be showing you a doorway. Rather than stop using them, ask "What's next?" (They may need a helper stone if they are small. Maybe a quartz crystal beneath or beside your bed. We humans are much larger than we appear. :)) Ocean jasper is also called orbicular jasper, due to a dispute over the name ocean jasper. I have two spheres of it, one who really enjoys dreaming with me. Maybe yours could help you stay asleep longer too?

Next my rutilated quartz sphere came to mind. I had major back surgery years ago and in my long path to healing, my "crystal ball" has been my main helper. It's silver rutilated. I sleep with it between my legs and it rolls just fine as I turn to sleep on either side. (I cannot sleep on my stomach anymore due to the back injury.) I wake up feeling like a new man. No matter how many times this happens, I am astounded and thank "Ruti" for the umpteenth time. My other spheres sleep with me too, but Ruti is the main man for bodily repair during sleep. If I would have known what a major part such a sphere could play, I would have put it out there specifically for a sphere that would sleep with me nightly. Ruti is around 3 3/4 inches/9.5 cm in diameter. If a large sphere offers to help you, that might be what you need. Back healing takes a lot of horsepower, in my experience.

For staying asleep, snowflake obsidian has helped many people with nightmares. It came to mind for you too. Stones are not one trick ponies, after all. I saw two pretty polished snowflake obsidian free forms the other day. I always leave them for others, but someday I'll meet one for home. (Trust me: I asked! ha!) Selenite just offered without explanation. I've slept with a large, clear piece beneath my bed for years now.

Do you have any larger stones? Or you can also ask the rest of your stones to work together. Ask them to hold your body as you sleep. Then you can enjoy your dreams knowing your body is safe and sound. I've dreamed between two cut amethyst geodes, large crystals, surrounded, etc. They can work from wherever they are in the house too. Ask stones around your house/neighborhood to help if you need to. Do you have a stone wall? Stonework in your house? A granite countertop? They can all anchor you while you dream. And the rest of your neighbors as well. Stones are strong! They go so long ignored, yet stand ready to help.

Finally, have you asked yourself to sleep longer? We can easily change sleep habits that way. I've changed physical habits while I sleep as well, like checking for my cat as she slept beside me, before turning. That all while asleep.

Trust yourself. If you are asking, you must be ready. Good journey!