Colouring my own Rider Waite deck

seanwhite

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone can please point me in the right direction for B&W high resolution scans from the original Pamela A deck. I have found some 1200 DPI scans of the Original major arcana in black and white, but no luck finding the minor. All the old links to these scans are now offline.

I've tried buying and downloading versions of "the pictorial key to the tarot".. But they're all images of the coloured cards. Thank you!

rwcarter

Welcome seanwhite!

I don't know how high resolution they are, but there are B&W scans of all the cards in the book Tarot Made Easy by Nancy Garen. I cut the spine off mine by hand with a hacksaw (save yourself the trouble and go to a copy shop to have them cut off the spine) and then scanned the pictures so that they ended up 3379 x 6001. (I don't remember what DPI I used, but I think it was probably 300 or 600.)

I don't remember if I printed them out yet or not, but my goal is to one day color a set by hand and color another set on the computer then put them both into a binder so I have my own folio copies of the deck. In my copious free spare time though (which is code for "I don't know WHEN that's going to get done!).

Good luck!
Rodney

seanwhite

Thankyou! I'll get this book. Its a pity there aren't any black and white scans around anymore but scanning the book is a good idea, :)